OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 30]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree. It does look very promising. How sad that you of all people should be locked out and unattended to. But let's not digress.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Love the rib-cage chest armor. Very cool idea.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. It does look very promising. How sad that you of all people should be locked out and unattended to. But let's not digress.

I'm looking forward to building him although I'm sure his weight and size will drive me nuts soon enough!
Finished all that intricate sanding on the armour pieces, took forever to get into all the nooks and crannies to do it properly and not loose too much detail. All painted with black primer, even the mail suit got a coat to dull the blingy silver. Got loads of hard goods to go through for weapons (I'm thinking  a Great Sword or zweihander) and mace etc.. then the all important helmet design, gauntlets, armour details, perhaps a heater shield? then the soft goods of course like a cloak etc..

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 LJIU2UV

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 6sLd97P

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 HFlTAi5

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You're off to a good start. I like where you're going with this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:You're off to a good start. I like where you're going with this.

Really? I don't even know where I'm going with this! Laughing I'm liking the metal fang/cage looking visor below though, sort of a cross between a Morrior Orc helmet and that contraption poor Shawnee Smith had over her head in one of the "Saw" movies... with a helmet not hood though.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 MrtOAvq

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 XHzK05D

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 ROx9mK6

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a cool looking helmet, probably my favorite, as well. It kind of reminds me somewhat of the jaws on the Beast from Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 C8485110

dadrab

dadrab
Man, I like the look of this guy, Chop.

Mighty damn evil looking.

Go, man...go!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Can I come over and help put him together, now that the nook and cranny priming is complete? Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I love the Mafune weapons! I have a bunch I picked up forever ago, and they're still awesome by current figure standards. And I swear, I always end up learning something reading this thread.

The ronin wraith came out insanely awesome, and that giant Sauron is blowing my mind. And that cage Helmet is really something fierce. Seriously cool stuff. I'm hooked.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a cool looking helmet, probably my favorite, as well. It kind of reminds me somewhat of the jaws on the Beast from Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Good film that! Got it on DVD somewhere!

dadrab wrote:Man, I like the look of this guy, Chop.

Mighty damn evil looking.

Go, man...go!

Thanks dadrab! I usually aim for evil! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Can I come over and help put him together, now that the nook and cranny priming is complete? Smile

Too late, I needed you for all the grunt work! Wink

ReverendSpooky wrote:I love the Mafune weapons!  I have a bunch I picked up forever ago, and they're still awesome by current figure standards.  And I swear, I always end up learning something reading this thread.  

The ronin wraith came out insanely awesome, and that giant Sauron is blowing my mind.  And that cage Helmet is really something fierce.  Seriously cool stuff.  I'm hooked.

Yeah, they've put out some monster hunter weapons recently that I'm watching on ebay.
Thanks! The Ronin is nearly done, just ordered those souvlaki sticks to make arrows and I think I'll add a backing to the helmet's crest to hide the wire.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How are you guys finding the Mafune weapons? I’ve tried searching “1/6 scale Mafune,” “1/6 scale Mafune weapons,” “1/6 scale Asian weapons”.... no luck.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done the 'mail silver' and painted all the 'straps', glueing it together now but still worried about the paint coming off as you can see on the leg straps. That's why I paid extra to get the silver armour and not the cheaper red or blue! Might be able to reinforce it with clear coat and just hope it doesn't peel or chip off; I roughened up most of the armour so it should stay put. I need to add kneecaps as this armour just splits there, odd design by Marx but this is just the base armour and will have lots of parts added to it.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 UbxyTkR

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 9yn2aP5

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 YpTChcv

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 NcJVAQj

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool, Shovel. From a distance, I don’t think you’ll notice the partial flaking. Plus it adds character, makes it look lived in.

Oh, I found those weapons (Mononofu) quite by accident.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:How are you guys finding the Mafune weapons? I’ve tried searching “1/6 scale Mafune,” “1/6 scale Mafune weapons,” “1/6 scale Asian weapons”.... no luck.

Shear dumb luck? Wink  This seller has the monster hunter weapons and others but not sure if it's even under the same brand name any more tbh, they may be a different company now as most of the sets I was referring to were released at least 10 years ago. You can try 1/6 swords or spears etc.. on ebay too in the toys section.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/worldshopgocom

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool, Shovel. From a distance, I don’t think you’ll notice the partial flaking. Plus it adds character, makes it look lived in.

Oh, I found those weapons (Mononofu) quite by accident.

Laughing Told you I was crap at names! Thanks for finding the correct name!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Can you count the clamps? Already had removed a bunch before the pics! Cool Nap time while all that glue sets...

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 UvrUwlM

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 AMN7fcD

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good, I'm sure I've missed a couple of notifications, anyone else not get any recent ones, as in today?

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Yeah, you can totally get away with the chipping on the straps.  The paint job on the armor is self looks freakin beautiful.  And man, all those clamps look like an implement of torture!

And Mononofu!  Sorry stryker, for not getting the name right either.  Some can be a bit on the small side, but their katanas are pretty dead on and look beautiful.  They actually did an entire set based on the weapons from the manga Blade of the Immortal, which is one of my favorite comics of all time (I highly recommend, even if you're not usually a manga fan).  I bought up 2 cases when they came out so I'd have enough to display and do custom figures.  A project I still need to get back to some day...

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I am a Manga/Anime fan; I can honestly say I know OF Blade of the Immortal, but I've never actually read any of them. I'm more of a Masamune Shirow guy (or is it Shirow Masamune?).

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:I am a Manga/Anime fan; I can honestly say I know OF Blade of the Immortal, but I've never actually read any of them. I'm more of a Masamune Shirow guy (or is it Shirow Masamune?).

Ah, Masamune Shirow is awesome too! His color art especially is absolutely gorgeous, and I have a deep love for the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series. Hiroaki Samura's blade of the Immortal is one of those thing I can't recommend enough. It starts out as a simple revenge story, but the morality gets murky really quickly. Fascinating cast of complex and nuanced characters, great writing, and beautiful kinetic art. I actually have a bunch of Samura's work tattooed, I love it so much. Avoid the anime (they just swung and missed entirely) and I haven't watched the new Takashi Miike movie yet (I hear it's big dumb bloody fun, but that's it) but the manga is intense and brilliant.

http://reverendspooky.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Here are my 6&1/2" Gondorian figures in armour for reference and you can see the styles are not uniform but all do use a lot of stacked plated armour and have armoured skirts, pointy helmets too but I'm not going for tear-drop shape the soldiers have since this is a king so more like Isildur and Elendil's stacked wings design or a derivative of that. Still clamping and gluing, got some articulation problems with the pauldrons and ankles of the greaves since the Marx body had very little articulation compared to even an old Action Man. Whittled down my parts some more concentrating on helmet and armour plate stuff to add and build.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 Qtm69uC

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 8jfrolF

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 XhWD3m8

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 U8HvURI

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 Saya1fU

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 Dk9qL46

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 5A8mRpa

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 9 I3tMiXm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Who doesn't love a good army build!?

Nice!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man. I could get lost in your place. Sooo much to look at it. How much more are you going to do to that shield with the Bull crest? Will it still look like a bull? Or more "Demon"-like?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum