OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ratio of Male to Female Figures In Your Collection?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just for the heck of it. I'm curious. I've been off work for about a month now due to chronic illness, and in between Dr.'s visits, infusion treatments, and bouts of exhaustion, I've been working on my Man Cave and trying to get my figures out of their boxes and on display. As I'm going along, I've started cataloging everything. I knew I had more female to male figures, but I wasn't exactly sure what the count was until yesterday. So, anyway... this is what I have so far:

Female Figures in-hand: 142
Male Figures in-hand: 93

So, do you all know what you have? (I'm assuming Chung's going to have us all beat with his massive storage facility Laughing

#discussion #collection #male #female

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:So, do you all know what you have? (I'm assuming Chung's going to have us all beat with his massive storage facility Laughing

I don't know that Chung knows what he has, because he hasn't opened so many of these boxes and who knows whether they contain whatever they are supposed to contain. I have not finished my cataloging, and that covers only loose heads so far. But I suspect it is correct showing me owning far more male sixth-scale heads and figures than female. I have about 270 loose male head sculpts vs. about 30 loose female head sculpts.
I hope you are feeling better.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:So, do you all know what you have? (I'm assuming Chung's going to have us all beat with his massive storage facility Laughing

I don't know that Chung knows what he has, because he hasn't opened so many of these boxes and who knows whether they contain whatever they are supposed to contain. I have not finished my cataloging, and that covers only loose heads so far. But I suspect it is correct showing me owning far more male sixth-scale heads and figures than female. I have about 270 loose male head sculpts vs. about 30 loose female head sculpts.
I hope you are feeling better.

--

Let me put it this way.

I know the male figure count is 100+ guaranteed.

The female figure count is 200+ guaranteed.

Like the classic oldies song . . .

"Two 1:6 girls for every 1:6 boy."

A rough estimate of all figures in my collection boxed and loose is easily 1,000+.  I figure 50% to 65% is female.  Maybe 70%.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I knew you’d have most of us beat. 1000+ !! Holy cow!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:I knew you’d have most of us beat. 1000+ !! Holy cow!

--

I tell no lie GI.

I $%^& you not.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

In the very beginning, I had 3 CyGirls, AJ, Blaze and Ice and I had Joanna Dark. Then I found BBI's military stuff and the guys have ruled the roost ever since.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
No exact ratio here, but mostly guys.

I do have three (I think) Phicens and the girls from Buffy The Vampire Slayer from Sideshow. I've built a few, too.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow. Some of those numbers are just staggering.

I probably have about 50 figures on display, although there are a ton of older bodies I just have boxed up in the basement.

It's a bit tricky. Most of that I have out on display are custom figures, and those are probably 60/40 or even 70/30 ladies. It seems whenever I have an idea for a character, a lot of times they're female. But when it comes to figures I've bought, they're often based on male characters, so the overall split may be a bit more even.

http://reverendspooky.com

scalawag

scalawag
I only have 2 females out of my 64 figures as yet,  Princess Leia as Boushh the Bounty Hunter and the female Bounty Hunter Zam Wessell from Attack of the Clones.  

Not because I don't like the female figures but those are the only ones that fit into my collections at the moment, but more may follow.

PitViper

PitViper
I have over 600 figures that I've gathered in 20 years of collecting...bought my first 21st Century Modern Infantryman in 1998, and haven't looked back since then.

I have exactly 21 female figures, with two more in the pipeline & expected to arrive soon.  No Phicen or TBL though - all are either BBI, DML or good ol' GI Janes in various military bashes.  I've used loose uniforms and gear from BBI, Fire Girl, Very Cool, Feel Toys, DAM, MC Toys and others.  

I think my only two straight-out-of-the-box, non-bashed female figures are BBI's Rosanna Jones & MC Toys SOCF-CST soldier.  Most recently I put together my first fiction-based figure using the Fire Girl female Urban Rescue gear.

As far as my three female "Holy Grails", they are Dragon's Heather (US Army Headquarters & Headquarters Company, Engineer Brigade, 1st Infantry Division – Turkey) for the body & head only, the MC Toys Desert Flecktarn "Armed Girl" set, and ZC Girl's Muriel sniper for the tan uniform, vest and all the gear.

Andrew

Andrew
I had hundreds of female figures, though recently I dumpstered a number of them, and sold some more. Less now. There are only about twenty male figures in my collection.

The problem is, for me, the male bodies just don't cut the mustard. Females use either shortened OE, or modded Triad Otakus.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Kukolka

Kukolka
Not counting any packed up to go to Goodwill, a few headless bodies, nor the 150+ dolls without elbow and wrist articulation.

22 male
35 female

In 2015 I acquired 1 male and 15 female dolls. Seeing them all together I thought this is ridiculous. Since then I've been working towards making the ratio closer to even.

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
HMM...I have 32 figures in total, and 12 are female so thats less than half, but more than a third. needless to say, more females are planned.

MarkEl

For seamless, I’m keeping a balance and be about a dozen each of male and female. I have another ten jointed figures, all male.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I have about 150 Female Figures (mostly seamless I think) and 1 Male Figure (Hasbro Ghost Rider) but he seem very happy since
 he arrived and little intimidated. (well mainly by Lady Death LOL)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I have about 150 Female Figures (mostly seamless I think) and 1 Male Figure (Hasbro Ghost Rider) but he seem very happy since

And I’m sure it can’t be all bad... being the only male in a group of 150 females. Twisted Evil santa bounce bounce

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Ratio of Male to Female Figures In Your Collection? C8485110

JohnByng

I have more males than females but the males are definitely frightened!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I just did a quick headcount and ignoring those in the body box, I’ve got 30+ ladies and under ten dudes. XD

Skippy

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I have about 150 Female Figures (mostly seamless I think) and 1 Male Figure (Hasbro Ghost Rider) but he seem very happy since

His ears must be burning all the time... Razz

I went through my list and came up with 228 male and 45 female.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum