OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:I actually love the paintjob.  This looks incredible!  I know you said you're way more focused on the gear than the figure, but I so want to see a figure in there for scale, working this beautiful beast.  So Impressed!

So would I.

If you haven't seen it, shazz (though I'm sure you have), here's an interesting link with period sketches and paintings:

https://gulfcoastblacksmith.com/discoveries-gallery/paintings-and-sketches/

Here's some cool images I found of blacksmith's shop, etc. (some recreations -- probably from Colonial Williamsburg) that you may find useful:

A recreation of a 19th century blacksmith shop:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 9dd18a10

An 18th Century recreation:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 18th_c10

18th Century Venetian painting:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 18th_c11

18th Century recreation:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 18th_c12

19th Century blacksmith shop:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 19th_c11

19th Century wrought iron nail headers:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 19th_c10

Better shot of the 19th century blacksmith shop:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 19th_c12

1800s blacksmiths photograph:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 1800s10

1900s blacksmith rendering:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Blacks10

Colonial Williamsburg, circa 1944:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Coloni10

Partial reconstruction of the early 20th century blacksmith shop of John Stueflat:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Partia10

Recreation of blacksmith shop:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Proxy_30

Colonial Williamsburg recreation:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Proxy_31

Photo of real blacksmiths, date unknown:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Proxy_32

I'm pretty sure this drawing is in the link I provided, with the date:
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Proxy_33

As far as figures -- if you ever get to that point, I found some heads that you may find appropriate:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EASY-SIMPLE-1-6-Scale-Global-responders-GRS-Head-Sculpt-F12-Male-Toys-Action/173184942753?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-6th-Bearded-Head-Sculpt-For-12-Male-Doll/132875748804?hash=item1ef00305c4:g:36AAAOSwsupb3EsD:rk:33🇵🇫0

102Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Peaches

Man, those are fun pictures!

103Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Thanks for the links and suggestions. They are definitely going to help.

104Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Wow! This I should certainly coming along. I have not been to the New York State Fair here in my state for several years, but they have a fully working blacksmith shop . I think this summer I will make it a point to go check it out this year since your project is so interesting. Keep up the work and posting updates!

105Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Found a head sculpt. Looks like Jeff Bridges from Iron Man but he should make a good blacksmith.

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 S-l1600

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 S-l1600

106Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:49 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Yup, that's Obadiah Staine aka Ironmonger... nice choice. Did my info and links help you with clothing?

107Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a good choice.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 C8485110

108Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
shovelchop81 wrote:Yup, that's Obadiah Staine aka Ironmonger... nice choice.
Heh. Ironmonger is a cool name for a blacksmith.

Did my info and links help you with clothing?
I had a look but decided that I didn't want to spend any more money. So far I've bought a knife sharpener, a head sculpt, a plant pot, fireplace bellows, and a crap-ton of popsicle sticks. Total cost around $30. Everything else has been scrounged up for free or scratch-built. I found an old bag of Ken doll clothes. There should be something in there I can use. I'll make a leather apron, which will cover up most of his clothing anyway.

109Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Yup, that's Obadiah Staine aka Ironmonger... nice choice.
Heh. Ironmonger is a cool name for a blacksmith.

Did my info and links help you with clothing?
I had a look but decided that I didn't want to spend any more money. So far I've bought a knife sharpener, a head sculpt, a plant pot, and fireplace bellows. Total cost around $30. Everything else has been scrounged up for free or scratch-built. I found an old bag of Ken doll clothes. There should be something in there I can use. I'll make a leather apron, which will cover up most of his clothing anyway.

I like the way you think, just like me, use others people's 'junk' to make pieces of art. You'd be amazed what I find dumped outside my house! LOL.

110Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

Peaches

Peaches
Awesome head, and can't wait to see your leather apron. The whole thing is so cool!

111Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Slowly working on walls. I was initially just going to use printouts, which would have been fine for a photoshoot, but not for a proper diorama display. Going to make them using wood panelling but it is taking a while to get it looking right. Need to keep the rustic feel of it. I think the type of stain I use on the wood will be critical.

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 FmPBsTu

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 GO8nysy

112Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NICE! Glad to see this hasn’t been abandoned.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 C8485110

113Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like it's coming along nicely.

114Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 6 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 am

Peaches

Peaches
Aw, that's really cool!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum