OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Helmet proportions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Star Wars Helmet proportions Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 4:38

scalawag

scalawag
I hope this is ok to post, but I know a few of us in the past have looked at the size of Star Wars based helmet head sculpts on some of our figures.

We have discussed the size of the helmets in proportion to the rest of the body etc....

Well last Sunday at the MCM Comic Con in London, some of the guys and gals from my costuming group the Imperial Outlanders decided that to mix things up a bit they would all attend in 'suits and buckets'.  While looking through the pics they took it struck me that this was essentially people wearing Star Wars helmets in everyday clothes, and so it gives perhaps a different perspective of the size and proportion of the helmets in comparison to the human body, rather than when we see them worn with the rest of the armour.  
I thought this could have some bearing on our discussions about the accuracy of say Stormtrooper helmet sculpts etc...  I was certainly surprised at how much bigger some of the helmets looked on top of more normal clothes.
It was interesting to see real people doing what we sometimes do with action figures too I thought.

Star Wars Helmet proportions 8bSkH9i

Star Wars Helmet proportions ZNd5KHA

Thanks

Paul

2Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Re: Star Wars Helmet proportions Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 8:06

blackpool

blackpool
Nice pics! That must ahve been a cool moment, I attended the Paris comic-con personally, a bit less exciting...

As for helmets I'm not anymore surprised by Boba's which I always found too big, even on the character himself. Still a very interesting size comparison to have them all next to each other!

Thanks for sharing!

3Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Re: Star Wars Helmet proportions Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 8:18

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for posting. This looks like it was great fun. And cool in its own right. I will point out, however, that the difference is not just helmet vs no armor, but also helmet vs different types of human bodies (stature, size, height, proportions, etc). Look at the two wearing stormtrooper helmets. Though your point about the potential variability of overall appearance makes sense.

4Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Re: Star Wars Helmet proportions Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 8:54

scalawag

scalawag
Oh yeah there are lots of variables in there not least there are 5 different makes of helmet as well as a couple of 3D printed ones I think, and it is no where near 'scientific' as an approach, I just thought it was interesting to see the different proportions which can become apparent when not worn with armour etc...

I think they all had a good time at MCM.  I didn't go personally, as I find these big shows way to crowded.

Paul

5Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Re: Star Wars Helmet proportions Wed 31 Oct 2018 - 17:39

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Rofl! Suits and Buckets! I love it. I bought a cheap Hasbro Boba Fett and immediately disliked the tiny head. I bought a normal sized head from eBay and for my needs, this should make me happy. I may use the old head to "normalize" a Sabine wren Disney figure.

6Star Wars Helmet proportions Empty Re: Star Wars Helmet proportions Mon 5 Nov 2018 - 3:22

scalawag

scalawag
Pontiacivan wrote:Rofl! Suits and Buckets! I love it. I bought a cheap Hasbro Boba Fett and immediately disliked the tiny head. I bought a normal sized head from eBay and for my needs, this should make me happy. I may use the old head to "normalize" a Sabine wren Disney figure.

Sounds like a plan mate. I think the suits and buckets thing will get done again at some point as it went down really well.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum