OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rock (1996) Diorama

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Rock (1996) Diorama on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm

It was tough finding a decent Nic Cage headsculpt, but I'm just happy I found 1:6 flares and the flickering green LEDs, from the awesome Evan Designs.

GIF

https://i.imgur.com/63bRqth.gifv

View user profile

2 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:14 am

Nic Cage was slammed many times for his recent movies...he should be remembered for great movies such as this! Nice work! How did you make the green signal lights effect? green leds and cotton wool?

cheers!

View user profile

3 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:18 am

brassco wrote:Nic Cage was slammed many times for his recent movies...he should be remembered for great movies such as this! Nice work! How did you make the green signal lights effect? green leds and cotton wool?

cheers!

Yeah he's been taking on any straight to DVD projects because he's broke. And yes, cotton and a flickering LED: https://i.imgur.com/63bRqth.gifv

View user profile

4 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43 am

Absolutely stunning... I love the green signals you built, they totally look real!!! Great recreation of a great scene from a great movie!

I agree Cage has made some weird movie choices but I still appreciate that actor a lot, he starred in many exceptional movies, 8MM, face off, bringing out the dead, kick-ass, sailor&lula, lord of war, leaving las vegas, the rock... I totally forgive him for the rest lol

View user profile

5 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I think short of blowing up something in the background for real, this is as good as it can get, three-dimensionally.

6 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Pretty cool. Like the cotton ball explosion.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

7 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Really nice diorama. I have this movie on DVD because it's a great one to watch from time to time. You really did it justice. Your effects are top notch!

View user profile

8 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm

That scene is just so epic! Very impressive work especially the realistic flares!
I'd want a night light like that, but i imagine i wouldn't be getting any sleep from staring at it.

View user profile

9 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:00 am

just finished rewatching the movie...the character should be kneeling on a roof top...

then again, if i have the HS, and if i know i can do it, i will also be prompted to make this recreation...

so kudos again, for making this helluva diorama!

View user profile

10 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Killer shot! That explosion is incredible, and the flares are so slick. Loving everything about it.

On the Subject of Nick Cage, has anyone watched Mandy yet? I've been dying to but just haven't found the time. Looks like a movie that truly makes the most out of his craziness.

And who's going to make a 1/6 version of that ax!?!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

11 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama Yesterday at 8:58 am

i love the effects on the flares..something so hard to get right with LEDs but yours is perfect and it looks real ! well done !

12 Re: The Rock (1996) Diorama Yesterday at 4:02 pm

REALLY good job with the lighting!!
fantastic dio!
ive seen mandy, and tbh i preferred the directors previous film beyond the black rainbow. mandy just wasnt zany enough for me. on the other hand another movie came out the same time as mandy called between  worlds that garnered ZERO attention. and this is WAAAAYYYYY more over the top than mandy. its closer to drive angry!!!! but not quite as berzerk as that hahaha

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum