OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

PureEnergy

Peaches wrote:Awwww shoot, I'm just being playful!  Don't worry, I surely will be impressed as I've never done any of this stuff before Very Happy

I think I have a bee in my bonnet to make Kaylee from Firefly now anyway, which will keep me busy Very Happy  Still trying to choose the best sculpt for her head Razz

A bee in your bonnet, fireflies up your sleeve, and butterflies all about you...  

Are you, by chance, an entomologist?  

Laughing

Peaches

LOL, Nah, just an annoying old lady! Hope I don't get on anyone's nerves ;p

PureEnergy

Mmn, I don’t believe you, Peaches; too much buzz about you…  

That said, you’re not bugging anybody.  LOL.  

And you’re in the right place; we are all ancient children…

We are also, each and all, occasionally annoying…

You just be yourself, young lady, and feel welcome.

Peaches

Peaches
LOL, thanks Smile... One thing I'm wondering about for these tiny girls is the hair. It looks too course for the size. I've rerooted vinyl dolls before, but nothing this small or, I presume, hard (if it is made like other 1/6 heads). Do you think it would be possible to rerooted them with mohair?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:LOL, thanks Smile... One thing I'm wondering about for these tiny girls is the hair.  It looks too course for the size. I've rerooted vinyl dolls before, but nothing this small or, I presume, hard (if it is made like other 1/6 heads).  Do you think it would be possible to rerooted them with mohair?

If you can get the skull cap off, you should be able to do that. TBLeague has been glueing the skull caps on their heads of late, so not sure how easy it would be to do — you’d have to be very careful if you were trying to cut through the seam, or you could damage the paint work on the face.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 3 C8485110

PureEnergy

Peaches, is your interest in replacing the wigging with mohair a foregone conclusion, or are you intent on doing so only if it is, indeed, considerably coarse?  

Honestly, I see no reason to presume that the hair on these figures should be any different from that of other Phicen Sculpts, which is generally not coarse at all.

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks guys! Actually I'm not intent on changing them if it looks good. But part of the fun is to make them look as realistic as possible. Also, I could change the hair color Smile if I am most likely going to ruin them, I won't do it though.

Peaches

Peaches
Just a heads up, I found these cast heads from this eBay seller. They state you have to drill your own hole / modify it per your body, but for the size and crap photography, they look pretty good! I'm going to try cutting off hair, and putting mohair locks on one - see how it goes?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends-Multiverse-Scale-Mary-Jane-Watson-Female-Head-Cast-6-Figures/283320683064?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D9085850715fe479b98d71f36ba98ac9a%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283332243541%26itm%3D283320683064&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A972d7dc4-184d-11e9-8556-74dbd180801a%7Cparentrq%3A4e8742fb1680abda5a254765fff24826%7Ciid%3A1

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for having a thread about this one here! Smile

While I don't have all that many 1/12th figures -- I am a more 'traditional' SW collector and mostly have 3.75" figures and 1/6th figures (obviously, lol) -- I do have a couple of Figuarts and a few 6inch Black Series, and I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to make more variations of Padme to go along with my gazillion Anakin figures (in all scales), so if I can find a way to put a different headsculpt (either Figuarts or Black Series) onto one of these, then I might just consider one. Even it needed to be repainted to match the skintone. And lack of clothing is not problem....I'll either make her a tiny outfit, or....she can she just snuggle with Anakin under his cloak, like this...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 3 Tumblr_pf0ia66N4F1vv5grpo1_540

"Space may be cold, Padme, but it's warm in my Jedi robes."

;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Just a heads up, I found these cast heads from this eBay seller.  They state you have to drill your own hole / modify it per your body, but for the size and crap photography, they look pretty good!  I'm going to try cutting off hair, and putting mohair locks on one - see how it goes?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends-Multiverse-Scale-Mary-Jane-Watson-Female-Head-Cast-6-Figures/283320683064?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D9085850715fe479b98d71f36ba98ac9a%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283332243541%26itm%3D283320683064&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A972d7dc4-184d-11e9-8556-74dbd180801a%7Cparentrq%3A4e8742fb1680abda5a254765fff24826%7Ciid%3A1

I would never be able to paint anything that small, but good find. I’ve been searching for 1/12 female heads, and haven’t found one.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 3 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Well, my hubby got me painting those game miniatures, so I figure I'll have to use those techniques. I'm so nearsighted, things have to be right at my face to see, so it's only my shaking hands I have to contend with Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Well, my hubby got me painting those game miniatures, so I figure I'll have to use those techniques.  I'm so nearsighted, things have to be right at my face to see, so it's only my shaking hands I have to contend with Very Happy

And aww, yeah, I feel you. I need to get one of those LED-lighted magnifying glasses -- would probably help immensely, I just always keep getting distracted by 1/6 shinies forgetting to order one. Razz

Regarding the 1/12th Marvel heads... just wanted to mention that not all '1/12' figures are always exactly the same scale. For instance, a little while ago I made the mistake of thinking that Marvel Legends would be compatible with the Black Series (Hasbro's 6 inch SW line) and maybe even Figuarts. I had found (what I thought was) the PERFECT body to use for a custom version of a character. But when I had it in-hand, my heart immediately sunk as I suspected it might be too tall. And indeed, it was both too tall to stand next to my Black Series male figure (let alone the Figuarts who are a tad smaller still), and it's head was MASSIVE compared to the heads on those other figures as well, so that when I tried the head I'd planned to use on it, it looked like a pinhead (and thus I presume the opposite would be true of trying the Marvel Legends head onto one of the Black Series or Figuarts bodies, and it would turn out as a bobble head). Very frustrating, but... lesson learned. ;p

Anyhoo, not trying to be a downer, but just wanted to caution you that not all of the 1/12 figures are necessarily compatible with other brands or even with other *lines* of figures put out by the same company, so temper your expectations on that score. Smile

Carrying on from that, these might not be the style you are looking for, but if you are wanting to customize 1/12th figures,  S.H. Figuarts have a customizable jointed body. The headsculpt that comes with it is of the more stylized variety, but with the right paint job  it might look ok (it is also bald, so would more easily be able to affix the mohair, or you could just swap the head with something else that was compatible).

Figma 2.0 S.H.Figuarts Body Chan Pale Kun DX SET (4 Color Ver.) Action Figure

Thought  I'd mention these just in case ^.^

Peaches

Peaches
Ah, looks like I made a bad purchase then Smile  However, I'm sure modding them will be fun, and if there are bodies I can get for them, that's fine too Smile It'll just have to be some time in the future.  I saw them and thought they were nicely detailed from what I could see, pretty heads Smile  Too bad it probably won't work, however this taught me to be patient, and wait at least for the bodies so I can evaluate what might work and what won't Very Happy  Thanks for the heads up, (pun wasn't intended, but ha ha) @skywalkersaga Very Happy

Oh, BTW, I use my phone a lot, and get lazy/frustrated with trying to type, LOL. But wow, I love your Anakin and Padme, so nicely made!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, I'm sorry, Peaches, I didn't mean to rain on your parade! It might *not* be bad purchase -- as I don't have experience with that precise figure or headsculpt, so I cannot say for sure that it won't fit. I just didn't want someone else going through the same frustration/disappointment that I did. :3

And thank you!! I cannot take credit for those ... they are S.H. Figuarts by Bandai. And imo, that tiny lil Padme has the best likeness of any Padme figure so far! Hot Toys will no doubt eventually put one (or several out), but in the meantime the Figuarts Padme is the best official version .... she's simply adorable! <3

(And don't worry, I am extremely impatient most of the time as well, and often 'jump the gun' with these things, and have made many a mistake. But I am driven by my exasperation at companies like Hasbro and Hot Toys for always being so damn slow at putting out examples of my favourite characters, lol. I'm TIRED of waiting, damnit. ;p )

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, I can imagine! I mean, you'd think Hot Toys would already have the Star Wars goods out, but I bet its a matter of licenses Sad

I wonder about these heads because they're listed as self-cast by someone with a toy store in the states. Very confusing, and I'll just have to wait until they arrive to know what's up with them Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:I wonder about these heads because they're listed as self-cast by someone with a toy store in the states.  Very confusing, and I'll just have to wait until they arrive to know what's up with them Smile

My guess is it’s a recast of a Marvel Legends head. If it is it’ll be smaller than it was originally.

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, won't know anything ultimately, until the bodies arrive anyways. For all we know, the bodies are on the large size, so ....

Peaches

Peaches
BTW, @skywalkersaga I didn't say before, but those Figuart figures are super cool, LOL, now i want those too!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:BTW, @skywalkersaga I didn't say before, but those Figuart figures are super cool, LOL, now i want those too!

Oh, glad you like them , hope they will come in handy at some point!

And I like them too -- and keeping wishing they were in 1/6 size! What I would not give for an ORANGE coloured *1/6* figure!!!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looks like these are out. Seen pics on FB of stock. She looks quite good.

CHEERS!

Peaches

Peaches
They are cute @Rogerbee, but she doesn't seem to sit entirely well.  looks like the hip joint doesn't want to bend or else the photographer didn't know how to do it? *looks like just that one odd pose Razz Can't wait for mine to arrive!  She does look pretty cute, and I've resigned myself to mis matching colors on hard plastic vs the "skin".  Now I need to figure out what I can use for bracelets or something to hide the hand joint Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Any pics or links to pics? I’m SO curious ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum