OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

skywalkersaga

Curious if anyone knows if these 1/12 bodies are compatible with the Mezco 1:12 Wonder Woman outfit? I'm wondering specifically about the boots, or rather the foot and leg armour, but also the hands?

I have tried searching for examples, and have found some discussions on the matter on some random forums, but can't seem to find any visual examples of the outfit on the tbleague body on google or youtube. 

On a side note, it's kind of amusing to see the reactions of non-1/6 collectors re: the 1/12 seamless bodies. Some of the 1:12 people seem confused and not sure what to make of these. Either the silicone texture weirds them out, or they have very outdated and negative concepts of what seamless bodies are actually like. I'm just reading these posts, thinking 'but they are so good for customization! you guys are missing out! come to the dark side 1/6 land!', though to each their own... Razz

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Curious if anyone knows if these 1/12 bodies are compatible with the Mezco 1:12 Wonder Woman outfit? I'm wondering specifically about the boots, or rather the foot and leg armour, but also the hands?

I have tried searching for examples, and have found some discussions on the matter on some random forums, but can't seem to find any visual examples of the outfit on the tbleague body on google or youtube. 

On a side note, it's kind of amusing to see the reactions of non-1/6 collectors re: the 1/12 seamless bodies. Some of the 1:12 people seem confused and not sure what to make of these. Either the silicone texture weirds them out, or they have very outdated and negative concepts of what seamless bodies are actually like. I'm just reading these posts, thinking 'but they are so good for customization! you guys are missing out! come to the dark side 1/6 land!', though to each their own... Razz

I don't know about the outfit, but I know the head does not work very well, or at least this youtube reviewer thought so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0bKWzJiec

When it comes to reactions, I've come across people loving these so much, perhaps in part because they are ignorant of the better quality of the sixth-scale figures, or are anti-sixth-scale.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Curious if anyone knows if these 1/12 bodies are compatible with the Mezco 1:12 Wonder Woman outfit? I'm wondering specifically about the boots, or rather the foot and leg armour, but also the hands?

I don't know about the outfit, but I know the head does not work very well, or at least this youtube reviewer thought so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0bKWzJiec

When it comes to reactions, I've come across people loving these so much, perhaps in part because they are ignorant of the better quality of the sixth-scale figures, or are anti-sixth-scale.

Thanks for the link! The headsculpt is not an issue as I'd probably just be using the accessories for a kitbash/custom figure. I'm mainly trying to have to avoid constructing boots from scratch, and thought, or at least hoped, that these might work as a base. 

And yes, I did come across some of the opposite like you say -- people loving the 1/12 seamless bodies unabashedly, and thinking they are the best thing ever. Not realizing that the 1/6 bodies, although not 'perfect' (cause nothing is perfect), are nonetheless far more advanced in quality these days.

I don't understand people who hate on specific scales -- but then, my own interests span many sizes, and are more character-focused than anything else. I very likely would have gotten more into 1/12 ages ago if I'd been able to find my favourite characters in that scale earlier on. But the only examples of them for a while were either poorly painted (early Black Series), or so expensive I could only get a choice few (S.H. Figuarts). And the rate of the releases was just sooo slow. Waiting years for a character to show up...ugh, I'm too impatient for that. Razz  And with the soft goods figures in that scale, I was not aware of them until very recently, as companies like Mezco do not cover the fandoms/media/characters I am interested in collecting. It's really only been since this 1/12 tbleague body was released that I've started to consider this scale, not because I dislike it, but because it's only just now that it's had any viable kitbash potential. I was never going to attempt customizing 1/12 figures when it came to the all-plastic ones, because I know my own limitations and knew I'd not be able to achieve statisfactory results when trying to sculpt and heavily mod things at that scale. The sheer amount of work that had to go into modd'ing the plastic figures was just too daunting for a scale I was not even that committed to at the time. At least now, with the female 1/12 tbleague bodies, I might have a chance of adding a few 'missing' characters to a potential 1/12 lineup. Smile 

And LOL, right after posting this question, I literally just came across this pic... 

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague new product: 1 / 12 ratio steel bone plastic female body - T01A (white skin) & T01B (wheat skin) - Page 5 69094510

It's a different head (Figuarts?), but the Mezco outfit. So it does look like the footwear fits, though the question remains of whether or not she can stand up on her own in it...

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad you found at least part of your answer. With these TBLeague figures getting the shoes on seems to be a dilemma like "having your cake and eating it too" -- at least judging by the male ones. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, since it turns out I sadly cannot use this for my original intended project after all, I'm back to searching for footwear.  

Anyone know of any plain ol' black boots that would fit this figure? 

I am trying to avoid having to make them myself, even though I'm sure I CAN make them, I just...don't...want...to... Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum