OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Completed (September 2019):

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Nf26KTu

Best recent photo:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190113

Sneak peak till I get the newspapers up...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190116

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  WWDhJPV

---------------------------------------

The final piece of the diorama is finally here: The Daily Planet newsstand. Now all what's left is to suspend the newspapers.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190115

So I received a small LED that fit in the top of the phone booth. I painted it red and re-wired it to a plug:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa21
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa22
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa23
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa26
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa27

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190114

Now I need to suspend the newspapers and add the figure to the scene.

I decided to re-separate my Clark Kent and Man of Steel figures into two different Dioramas. I think it looks better this way:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190113

I acquired a rare 1/6th model for the suitcase he held in the movie!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20190110

I lined the interior of the cabinet in black velvet and blocked it from the back.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181211

I added a laminated ID Badge:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  TaUlElIg

A cleaner look for the newspapers till my custom part arrives

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181210

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181212

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa11

EDIT:

I made tiny sixth scale Superman newspapers for my diorama from every headline that appeared in every Superman movie I've seen. I'll have them blowing in the wind when the last two pieces for the diorama arrive... for now, I haphazardly placed them on the ground:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Supes_10

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa10

EDIT: A little sneak peak to the new diorama... a few items missing...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181110

Original Post:

So the new Phicen M36 I preordered 3 months ago is finally here, and so are many other key components to this diorama.

This is a really, really tall figure and the downside is, all the clothes you will find won't fit it, so you'll have to do many tricks to hide that fact. In this case, the pants had to be pulled real low to cover the ankles, so I covered the waist with the coat. The shirt can barely be closed, so I kept it open to show the Superman crest.

I'll be adding a secondary light in the near future but I thought I'd share this for now.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181114
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181115
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181116

I couldn't find a proper 1978 Superman costume but the closest I found online after a long search was the slightly paler evil Superman costume, which didn't matter much since almost the entire costume won't be seen under the suit (I used Stark's grey suit):

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181117

And this is the small secondary light I'll be installing opposite the booth close to his head:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181118

I love it.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181120

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181119

dadrab

dadrab
That's pretty damn cool.

Well done, indeed.

PureEnergy

That’s an excellent rendition of an iconic image.  

The fit of the suit’s certainly a predicament - although your smoke-and-mirrors photography and posing techniques make decisively decent improvisation...  

Great Scott! Take out the hem!  

Or, perhaps, put a Met’s cap on him and turn the bill way to one side?  Razz

Nicely done, sir.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I saw this movie again on TV recently. The above scene is very well executed.

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
te

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very good to me, and I even love the little light you are preparing to complete the scene.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Really cool dio and a great rendition of such a classic image. I am curious, what made you choose to use the M36 body for this. It really is tall! The M32 has such a similar, lean muscle build, but you would probably have a much easier time getting everything to fit, as well as him being closer to the same height as the phone booth. Just a thought, and welcome to take it or leave it. The lighting looks really cool, and give it a great comic cover quality.

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:This is very cool. Am I the only one having a visual of Clark stuffing himself into that phone booth, trying to change into Superman while not bringing attention to himself? Shocked

Well, no, you are not alone...  Clark is busting out of that - but he’s far too fast to have been seen by the bobbies!  

Also unseen perhaps are the emulsified remains of the poor Dr. Who - inadvertently stomped into the grid amidst the blur; his last word: an abruptly truncated, weakly uttered, “Occupied...”

But this is simply classic, and given all the awkward complications encountered along the way, it’s very well done.  

I also happen to approve of your choice for the tall M36 body, Tare; quite literally, larger than life - which brings to fore the requisite suspension of disbelief that such a fellow could ever effectively pass as “normal” - although perhaps it is somewhere therein that we may find some quintessence of comic superhero lore.  

The factors of appropriate props and their variable proportions seem quite par for the course of this craft, but I suspect that you’ll eventually find and / or cobble and introduce tweaks of odd ends in order to further compliment the scene, and make it match perhaps yet closer with regard to some certain specifications.  

Meanwhile, I say again...  I dig it.  Smile

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
ReverendSpooky wrote:I am curious, what made you choose to use the M36 body for this.  It really is tall!  The M32 has such a similar, lean muscle build, but you would probably have a much easier time getting everything to fit, as well as him being closer to the same height as the phone booth.

I originally had bought the M32, but Clark Kent looked really... short in it. Nothing like Christopher Reeve. And when I put him next to Henry Cavill's figure, he was actually a bit shorter and that's when it felt real wrong. I agree that M36A is taller than it should be, but I'd rather have him taller than he should be than shorter than he should be!

Yes, the clothes will be a BIG struggle for this figure, but TBH it's well, well worth it!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  Whatsa10

Allotropos

Allotropos
whoa..now that looks like the towering Reeves we know him to be !
very very cool !

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
0o

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Mr. Razz wrote: I have no doubt that Tarexmd will fine tune this dio into something great over time...

I already am, so much that I regret sharing it now. It's gonna be extremely epic.

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Th

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:Ok, but what about the Harrys, Larrys, Suzies, Peggys, Billys, Frankies, Tonys, Daveys, Jimmys, Georgies, Pugsleys and that one annoying bloke, Carl?

I have no doubt that Tarexmd will fine tune this dio into something great over time...

Well, that’s just tosh...  

With the exception of Harry (who had been out of country at the time), those are just the names of the local bobbies...  So, no...

There's been a dodgy lorry in the nearby car park for the past fortnight; however, lacking a good butchers, it were - due to vantages being proper obstructed by an opened bonnet.  

Nevertheless, I expect the Yard to be sending their aces around to investigate the unfortunate demise of the good Dr. Whom.  (One yank reporter, a Ms. Lane, I believe, had had the wherewithal to correct the poor chap’s appellation for the obit section of the morning pages)...  

Razz  

But in all seriousness, Tarexmd, I stand by my original compliments, most sincerely.  It's excellent, truly.  Be happy and be proud.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
A little sneak peak to the new diorama... a few items missing that will take it to new levels of epicness...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  20181110

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
de

PureEnergy

Great update, Tarexmd.  A fantastic diorama that continues] to improve...  

I do indeed dig the “action” of the transformation.  

Very nicely, sir.

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:Ok, but what about the Harrys, Larrys, Suzies, Peggys, Billys, Frankies, Tonys, Daveys, Jimmys, Georgies, Pugsleys and that one annoying bloke, Carl?

I have no doubt that Tarexmd will fine tune this dio into something great over time...

Well, that’s just tosh...  

With the exception of Harry (who had been out of country at the time), those are just the names of the local bobbies...  So, no...

There's been a dodgy lorry in the nearby car park for the past fortnight; however, lacking a good butchers, it were - due to vantages being proper obstructed by an opened bonnet.  

Nevertheless, I expect the Yard to be sending their aces around to investigate the unfortunate demise of the good Dr. Whom.  (One yank reporter, a Ms. Lane, I believe, had had the wherewithal to correct the poor chap’s appellation for the obit section of the morning pages)...  

Razz  

But in all seriousness, Tarexmd, I stand by my original compliments, most sincerely.  It's excellent, truly.  Be happy and be proud.

So Peter is into 1/6th?

But what insufferable nincompoopage is this?

Peter Parker is not pertinent.  Nor is Peter Piper, who is also probably quite preoccupied picking pecks of pickled peppers, I’d presume…

So that leaves Mr. Lorre...  Which is homonymous (a euphemism for incorrect).  

And I really wouldn’t know the answer to such a question, but I’d say it’s rather dubious at best - since he is, somewhat - well - actually, quite deceased!

Not being keen to current events is one thing, Mr. Razz; but that man’s been gone for several decades now; let him rest in peace.  

At the very least - if ever your Peter did tinker with some sort of ancient form of 1/6 scale figures; not unlike the fellow, himself - your tense is certainly well expired…  

PS: Clearly, your “Peter” isn’t into much of anything these days, is he?

Razz

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
xes

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:I knew you wouldn't get it...that's ok...we all can't be as smart as we pretend to be...but, think about what you posted and then what I posted about Peter...You'll figure it out...if you know anything about music...

Oh, of course!  The Peter!  

Peter Townshend!  Duh!

Who?

Yes.

Who?

Yep.

Who?

That’s right…

What…?

Yes, my inability to decrypt your obtuseness certainly makes me the obtuse one...  

Embarassed

PS:  Incidentally, however does one go about pretending to be smarter than they actually are?  Seriously, just how would that work exactly?  

And do you now feel that you’ve successfully exposed me for attempting such deception...?   Why, you sleuth, you...

Perhaps we should just get this over with and whip them out right now onto the measuring stick…  You know, for Peter’s sake...  

Razz

Apologies to Tarexmd... Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum