OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Tarexmd

I lined the interior of the cabinet in black velvet and blocked it from the back.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20181211

Tarexmd

I acquired a rare 1/6th model for the suitcase he held in the movie!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190111

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice additions to the scene.

PureEnergy

Very nicely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent catch on the satchel.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 C8485110

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
I decided to re-separate my Clark Kent and Man of Steel figures into two different Dioramas. I think it looks better this way:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190113

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Very nice. All the work you put into the transformation dio is incredible; it deserves to stand on its own.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes indeed! And it's nice to see Superman/Henry get his revenge on Batman/Ben. Yes, yes, I know they made friends again when he was needed to stop the deranged space coyote afterwards.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
So I received a small LED that fit in the top of the phone booth. I painted it red and re-wired it to a plug:

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Whatsa21
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Whatsa22
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Whatsa23
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Whatsa26
Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Whatsa27

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190114

Now I need to suspend the newspapers and add the figure to the scene.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool upgrade. Nice that you can plug it in.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have great admiration for your use of LED lights -- they really take those dioramas to the next level!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
The final piece of the diorama is finally here: The Daily Planet newsstand. Now all what's left is to suspend the newspapers.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190115

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Sneak peak till I get the newspapers up...

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190116

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done with the lit phone booth.

Peaches

Peaches
That's just amazing, well done!  May I ask, what made you decide to use the M36 body?  Also, could you measure how tall the body is with head on for comparison? I'm trying to choose a body for one of my characters Smile As everyone already said, the newspapers are amazing and so is the stand/vending machine Everything looks fantastic!

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Peaches wrote:May I ask, what made you decide to use the M36 body?

Thank you! I had the regular phicen at the beginning, but he looked nothing like Clark Kent. It was so bad and too short. It became even worse when I discovered Henry Cavill's Man of Steel figure was way taller. I needed a taller figure, and I did it knowing no clothes would fit him, but I managed to disguise that I think. With the head, he's 13 inches tall.

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 20190117

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, the shorter bodies do tend to be extremely bulky and the tall body does look good Smile I'm thinking of getting this body for one of my characters, but was worried it would be too tall. Thanks for the height measurement. I'll see what my other guy's actual height is. He is supposed to only be slightly shorter Smile

59Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Empty Completed Diorama! Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 am

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Completed (September 2019):

Clark Kent (1978) Superman mini-Diorama using the new TALL M36 Phicen [WIP]  - Page 3 Nf26KTu

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. How did you do the floating newspapers? Curious to see any behind the scenes shots revealing the truth.

Tarexmd

Tarexmd
Stryker2011 wrote:How did you do the floating newspapers?

Magnets to stick them to the metal phonebooth!

blackpool

blackpool
Astonishing work, the result is glorious!!!

Thanks for sharing the updates!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Tarexmd wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:How did you do the floating newspapers?

Magnets to stick them to the metal phonebooth!

Excellent. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum