OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is a large-scale PVC film, the finished product is basically consistent with this.

European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 111
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 211
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 311
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 411
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 511
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 611
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 711
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 811
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 911
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 1011
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 1111
European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 1211

#newproduct #GACToys #European/American #Female #headsculpt

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This seems to be based on the terminatrix, and a very similar head sculpt (by Phicen?) was or is widely available, except for the different hair color variations. It looked nicer on the promotional images than in hand. I hope that problem would be surmounted by these new versions.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The sculpts looks identical to the "Modular Art" terminatrix headsculpt years ago
but these have better paints.

blackpool

blackpool
Interesting... Clearly it's a revamp of Modular art's terminatrix, which is based on Kristina Loken

European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] 20160608_104357_001__17678.1465404345.490.588

Still with that different paint job on eyes and lips it reminds me of the movie "Solace" with Anthony Hopkins and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, it was starring Abbie Cornish as a police officer and the likeness to her is actually very good!

European - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new product: 1 / 6 European and American cold female killing hand carving [GC022 -A, B, C, D.4] Abbie-cornish-wallpaper-de_14887_45191

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, so I did mean Modular Art. I have this one. It is nice enough, but the promotional photos do look better than the finished product (at least mine).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
So GACToys are recasters, now we know.

CHEERS!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@blackpool. Hey you're right! I do see a bit of Abbie Cornish.

@GubernatorFan. I always thought the Modular Art had the best T-X resemblance but only based on that nice promo pic... so the actual sculpt isn't up to snuff.

blackpool

blackpool
Rogerbee wrote:So GACToys are recasters, now we know.

CHEERS!

These days honestly who doesn't...? We focus on headsculpts because they are easy to spot but tons of accessories are recasted from a company to another (including the custom artists that all recast small parts such as hands, guns, glasses, shoes...)

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
These guys probably aren't charging recaster prices though.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:These guys probably aren't charging recaster prices though.

True. But then there is also the availability factor, which may or may not be a concern in this particular instance. If the original version of something is unavailable or available only at astronomical prices, whatever their ethical downsides, recasted pieces can come handy for the collector/kitbasher. Ultimately, it is up to the customer to choose whether to purchase something or not, which is why generally I tend to go easy and not get worked up about things that are not my cup of tea or in some way disappointing.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm a bit more reticent about it than I was. The majority of places where I share stuff are heavily anti recast and will ban anyone sharing them. I stick as much as I can to legit these days.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum