OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
SUPER DUCK cosplay SET040 sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist
Note: Body isnotincluded.
Does not contain body
Recommended with TBLeague S07c white skin

Product Details:
真真头雕 Had sculpt* 1
Tops Upper garment *1
Skirt Skirt *1
Underwear Underwear*1
Sunglasses Sunglasses*1
High heels High-heels*1

Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411510
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411610
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411710
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411711
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411810
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11411910
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11412010
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11412110
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11412210
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11412211
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) 11412310

#newproduct #SuperDuck #sexyarchaeologist #anime #female #clothing #accessory

PureEnergy

scratch

Am I missing something?  That’s it?  That outfit?  

High heels?  No khakis, no hat?  No field tools?  No relics?  

Not exactly screaming of “archaeology,” is it?  I was expecting Tomb Raider and instead I got Bachelor In Paradise!

They might as well call it “Sexy Pilgrim” without a buckle in sight...

Simply, “Sexy Outfit” would have certainly sufficed - and so without the subsequent discombobulation…    

What, did she unearth that halter from the ruins at Nineveh?  

No entiendo…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... yeah, I just don't see her as an archaeologist. The youthful anime-ish head is definitely not my cup of tea anyway, but I bet there are plenty of collectors or kitbashers who would find his set (or parts of it) useful.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Another One Piece character from Superduck!  Yeah, the archeologist thing doesn't make a ton of sense if you don't know the series, but is perfect if you do, especially since Superduck can't come right out and say what it's based on.  The character is a historian and archaeologist researching an ancient civilization, and has joined up with a pirate crew to travel the world and continue her research.  So while not a conventional "tomb raiding" outfit, it's more what you see her wearing when she's just hanging out on the boat and traveling to exotic locations.  More everyday.  She's supposed to be classy and fashionable, and a big theme of the manga is about how the pirate life is sorta one long exotic vacation, so it actually does make more sense than what you all are picturing as some sort of stuffy archeologist wear.

Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Latest?cb=20161020134454

The outfit is pretty spot on.  I'm never quite sold on Superduck's take on the one Piece heads, but I get that they're going for a totally different art style.  And I think they kinda sell it as "this is a figure cosplaying as this character" so it earns them some slack.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well spotted, ReverendSpooky. I am not sure archaeologists are stuffy, though, you must be thinking of historians. Wink

PureEnergy

Indeed, I knew that there was something going on here to which I were not privy…

Lara Croft seems so relatively blue-collar now, the poor girl; so encumbered; so gauche and proletarian…  

Your explanation makes all the sense; my, how they do rely upon that esoteric contextual implication...  

So this character is some sort of socio-elitist, ever-vacationing, pirate archaeologist?  (That’s not only a mouthful, it’s also ironic, since they’ve rather pirated her outfit here, I’m supposing - hence, the unnamable professional)...  

In any case, yes, it’s quite precise to the source.  

Thanks for the elucidation, Spooks.

PureEnergy

GubernatorFan wrote:Well spotted, ReverendSpooky. I am not sure archaeologists are stuffy, though, you must be thinking of historians. Wink

Guv, I would’ve reckoned that you’d be all over this look…  

Like a Star @ heaven “…Almost Paradise…” Like a Star @ heaven

LOL.

PS:  Who’s stuffy?

Also, an historian?  Say, now there’s a wild and crazy, action-oriented character concept...  

(One never truly knows.  It’s funny to imagine the initial reaction to the pitch that became Raiders of the Lost Ark…)  

“Okay, blockbuster action flick; our hero’s an archaeology professor, with a bullwhip…”  

“Ah, wait.  What?”

“Now just, just, hear me out…”

And the rest is, of course, history…    

Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, there is a series with Noah Wyle (or whatever his name is), called the Librarian, where he is a sort of Indiana Jones-like character.

brassco

brassco
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Bb88a45556c8e6297ffbecd51cac8bd1446dc7b5-hq
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-SZgx-GUL20j-I3-RWOa-Go-Mll1-FIM1-Khi-T7-BCS5l0-SYDCr-X8-FU443-I

I wished the maker choose the original outfit...it's the most representative of Nico Robin.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
brassco wrote:Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Bb88a45556c8e6297ffbecd51cac8bd1446dc7b5-hq
Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-SZgx-GUL20j-I3-RWOa-Go-Mll1-FIM1-Khi-T7-BCS5l0-SYDCr-X8-FU443-I

I wished the maker choose the original outfit...it's the most representative of Nico Robin.

I do agree, and I miss her iconic straight cut bangs. But Superduck seems to have made the decision to focus on after the 3 year time jump, so I think we're just going to see more recent outfits. Curious if they'll continue with the series.

PureEnergy

brassco wrote:Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Bb88a45556c8e6297ffbecd51cac8bd1446dc7b5-hq

Is it just me, or is this picture absolute insanity?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
PureEnergy wrote:

The series is pretty insane to begin with, but yeah. It's a collage of all of the looks of the character throughout the series. Being that it's been running for over 20 years, with a whopping 927 issues collected in 91 volumes, it looks pretty insane to see all her looks in one pic.

It's actually in the Guinness Book of World Records for "the most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author" and remember hearing it held some other record for most consecutive issues of any comic series ever by a single author.

PureEnergy

ReverendSpooky wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

The series is pretty insane to begin with, but yeah.  It's a collage of all of the looks of the character throughout the series.  Being that it's been running for over 20 years, with a whopping 927 issues collected in 91 volumes, it looks pretty insane to see all her looks in one pic.

Indeed.  Insane...  

I find it all rather terrifying in a way...

I have only just realized this, but - I may actually have a touch of  animephobia

Anime - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK New: 1/6 cosplay sexy archaeologist Sexy archaeologist (SET040) Mianim10

PS:  What the hell is that!?                                  

brassco

brassco
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18KlRPza9CbJJGCrnWgpNSbDlas0Uz1NS

This is a defining moment for Nico Robin, in my opinion. Maybe this video will explain why the little Robin in the picture was having that expression.

Enjoy!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum