OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen / TBLeague Superflexible Seamless Male Body M36 Review (updated with Part 2)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ReverendSpooky

Holy crap Ephiane, this cracked me up so bad. You may have just taken the crown for comically illustrating a point on here. So good.

http://reverendspooky.com

PureEnergy

GubernatorFan wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:And now I’m looking at the M36B and wondering if it’s something that I truly want.  This review has drawn my attention to several matters which I find somewhat less than desirable - such as the overall apparent disproportion, and, of course, the lack of a relatively full set of hands.  Regarding the former, the arms do seem awkward in appearance.  It also sounds as though the lower arms have issues of limited articulation.  So, perhaps it were a boon that I did not receive this purchase and will have a chance to reconsider, which I may.

M36A and M36B are identical in everything except in skin tone. They are perhaps unusually lanky, but not impossibly so. Whether that works for you, is up to you. And we've mentioned plenty of reputable sellers; besides, by now (or soon), the brick and mortar US stores should be getting these bodies.

But I want to clarify: there is no articulation problem specific to this body. That is, they are as well articulated as their predecessors. The issue I was referring to has to do with the way the rubbery flesh appears on the lower arm in particular (and to a lesser extent generally). There are some twists that are present in the human body that have never been possible to hold with a TBLeague body, because the rubbery flesh is relatively loosely attached to the underlying skeleton. You can twist them manually, but in some cases they will not be able to hold that pose. On the whole that is not too readily apparent, except when you rotate the wrist a certain way and (especially on a thin body like this) you notice now the body sculpt does not quite match the position of the wrist. Essentially the lower arm should be able to rotate (to a point) around its axis but even if it does, that is not outwardly apparent.

I see.  Thank you for the eloquent explanation.  

I understand precisely what you mean with regard to certain limitations of poseability - as such seems to account for that 10% of human mobility that is not replicative with any of these figures (and which is certainly an acceptable ratio by any fair consideration).  

I have a head for the M36B, and would rather like to use it as I’d planned; I believe that your response here seals the deal for me, and that I will purchase (or, re-purchase, as it were) that figure from a seller with whom I am more familiar and know to be trustworthy.  

Thanks again for the clarification, Guv.  

And...  

Ephiane, did it ever occur to you that Bombaataa might just be cold?  

“Save the Chubby Unicorns,” indeed.  LOL.

Wink

PureEnergy

I am indeed re-ordering the M36B.  I’ve a fairly particular concept for a custom, and I hope that I can accomplish what I see in my mind’s eye.    

Guv, I’d honestly reconsidered such only after your reply; you truly ought to get a piece of that pie for having so skillfully marketed this product.  

You wouldn’t happen to be in sales, would you?  

“Always Be Closing.”

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:You wouldn’t happen to be in sales, would you?

Dear Lord, no, I'd be lucky if I am not swindled at every register.

I hope your faith in my opinion does not disappoint once you get the figure. Good luck.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you guys are interested in more hand options, I did manage to see a couple different sets on eBay for AA sets. It was a couple days ago, so I don’t have links, and I’m not sure if they’d look undersized with this body or not — but they’re out there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

african - Phicen / TBLeague Superflexible Seamless Male Body M36 Review (updated with Part 2) - Page 2 C8485110

PureEnergy

Stryker2011 wrote:If you guys are interested in more hand options, I did manage to see a couple different sets on eBay for AA sets. It was a couple days ago, so I don’t have links, and I’m not sure if they’d look undersized with this body or not — but they’re out there.

I am, indeed, interested in such, sir.  I will keep an eye out for those, and please do add a link if so inclined.  

I have a notion to attempt to alter a set of these by heating and reshaping, but it's anyone's guess whether or not that will work, and I hope that I don't ruin them in the process.  

Thanks for the notification.

PureEnergy

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope your faith in my opinion does not disappoint once you get the figure. Good luck.

Thank you.  I remain good and steady with your opinion, Guv.  

With regard to painting the hands of the M36B; I believe that the skin tone of the other male bodies is sufficiently swarthy, that if one were so inclined, those hands actually could be painted with some practicality...

Remember, in reality, the palms are always relatively lighter in complexion (and significantly so for Black people), so only the backs of the hands would require such modification - and thus, there should be somewhat less concern for rub and wear when used for gripping.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just in case people are interested, I noticed that Big Bad Toy Store just announced that it has the M36A, M36B, and M33 bodies in stock. They are offered for what are still very reasonable prices, and you could have them shipped for the low price of a $4 flat rate envelope within the States.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the update. I was excited to see this body (the second version) when announced, as I thought maybe it would allow me to finally do a shirtless version of my all-time favourite character, but alas the arms are indeed too 'thin' for the character in question. It does seem like a decent figure though, and the benefit of more slender limbs is that you could probably strategically put a bit more clothing/armour/gear on it without it looking too bulky.

Hopefully at some point there will be an extra tall tbleague body that is long-limbed and 'lanky' but still a bit more muscular at the same (without being too body-builder-esque).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum