OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

42Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:43 am

blackpool

Thanks for the cool feedback friends!

Sorry I was away for some vacations down south of my country, a bit more sunshine, and some sandy shores, but finally back in town, and to work... ewwwww!

I just reworked my Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon to match his look in the second movie, he's not wearing that iconinc football jacket as much as in my memories so I add to do something lol...

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_10

And after playing a little with my straitjacketed hannibal lecter, I thought it would be fun to recreate the funny sequence in lethal weapon 2 with riggs gambling with fellow police officers on how fast he could escape a straitjacket... From my childhood I always had a lot of admiration for this whacky character!

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_06

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_07

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_08

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_09

Hope you'll like!

43Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I like! The choice of elements and the richness of the backgrounds, objects, and figures really give your scenes an almost real-life quality.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

44Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:10 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot my friend! I confess I invested in some "police station" equipment with all the cops I have in my collection lol, so I recently purchased the phone, and a metal tryping machine, as well as the wooden desk.

I built the partition wall from movie screenshots to match a bit more the original scene Smile

45Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:57 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Those photos are 'effin' awesome. Lot's of familiar faces in the crowd, too.

I seriously dig your work.

46Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool. Well done dio and posing. I wish I could have gotten that Murtaugh when it came out. I have a custom Martin HS waiting to be painted, but for some reason the artist never got around to Roger.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 C8485110

47Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Danny Glover and the blue lighted John Wick Scenes are my favorites! And the Arnie face with the glasses.

I wonder what you would do with Clint Eastwood and Al Pacino. Very Happy

48Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am

blackpool

blackpool
I'd love to own a real good clint eastwood but I try to stay away from past and ancient eras because ti would be a totally new universe in which I have nothing (so don't tempt me lol)

Quick update I had some free time this weekend, enough to build a small "corridor" set for my driver (I love this character and the quality of his jacket so much I had to play with him again after netflix added the movie to their selection lol)

Hope you'll like! (next is terminator 2, I have to edit some shots I took this weekend as well)

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_19

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_20

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_21

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_22

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_23

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_24

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 DRV_24bis

49Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done, and great photos, as usual.

50Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:39 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
blackpool wrote:I'd love to own a real good clint eastwood but I try to stay away from past and ancient eras because ti would be a totally new universe in which I have nothing (so don't tempt me lol)

Quick update I had some free time this weekend, enough to build a small "corridor" set for my driver (I love this character and the quality of his jacket so much I had to play with him again after netflix added the movie to their selection lol)

The headsculpt and glasses remind me of David Soul's character in Magnum Force.

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 600px-MagnumF_24

It isn't an exact match but the right sunglasses would make it work. If you find a good Clint Eastwood, perhaps you could do a scene with both characters in it.

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 50c1a217a594ad0a242eb83f85bba28e

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Sunglasses-dirty-harry

51Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ugh damn, those Drive photos look so damn GOOD! Making me want to watch it again right now. The hallway looks PERFECT. And the lighting on all these shots is so excellent.

Don't know how I missed commenting before, but that Lethal Weapon scene is so killer, and I LOVE the Unbreakable shots (Possibly M Night Shyamalan best movie too). Your photos are always such a blast!

52Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:34 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
blackpool wrote:the Brangelina couple from "Mr & Mrs Smith"

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Mrampmrssmith

Cograts on your excellent bashes and photography, Blackpool!
I really like this one! My Mrs. Smith is using that same gorgeous head but on a Phicen S09 so she's too tall.
What i want to ask is... what headsculpt and body did you use for Mr. Smith?
Body has excellent musculature, is it a Worldbox?
As for that nice Brad head, it really looks familiar but i can't remember from what figure set.
(My Mr. Smith head is the ancient BBI Navy Seal Team 8 Trident so he's due for an upgrade!)

53Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The Hollywood Boulevard photos turned out very well! Now let's see what you can do in the ancient era! Wink

54Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Peaches

Peaches
The James Bond just made me realize I really NEED Maxwell Smart and Agent 99! LOL. Must be origal pair from the 60's though!

I love your lethal weapon photo series! Amazing!!!

55Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There was talk awhile ago of a custom Maxwell Smart, but it never went anywhere. I wouldn’t want him without Agent 99, though.

56Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 am

Peaches

Peaches
Yes, they'd have to be together, agreed! LOL Very Happy

57Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:42 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Nicely done, and great photos, as usual.

Thanks a lot mate! That figure is not hard to shoot, the jacket is so well done and such a statement of the movie

shazzdan wrote:
The headsculpt and glasses remind me of David Soul's character in Magnum Force.

It isn't an exact match but the right sunglasses would make it work. If you find a good Clint Eastwood, perhaps you could do a scene with both characters in it.

Actually I happen to have a David Soul headsculpt hehehe! I bought them from an old time friend who sculpted both characters from Starzky & Hutch, gotta find some pics...

ReverendSpooky wrote:Ugh damn, those Drive photos look so damn GOOD!  Making me want to watch it again right now.  The hallway looks PERFECT.  And the lighting on all these shots is so excellent.

Don't know how I missed commenting before, but that Lethal Weapon scene is so killer, and I LOVE the Unbreakable shots (Possibly M Night Shyamalan best movie too).  Your photos are always such a blast!

haha many thanks Reverend! I gotta confess the lighting on my shots greatly improved and is way more simple to build now that I have those small RGB stickable spots, I can quickly get 8 dimmable sources with various colors or intensity, that helps a lot! About the corridor I didn't think of it but you might be interested by those walls, if you want them, i can upload them here for you to print.

Totally agreed about unbreakable, it's my favorite movie from Shyamalan too, even compared to split and glass (I didn't like the sxth sense that much, for me unbreakable and signs are his best works) Still that recent glass movie mde me want to redo my Bruce Willis, may be soon!

rollotomasi wrote:
Cograts on your excellent bashes and photography, Blackpool!
I really like this one! My Mrs. Smith is using that same gorgeous head but on a Phicen S09 so she's too tall.
What i want to ask is... what headsculpt and body did you use for Mr. Smith?
Body has excellent musculature, is it a Worldbox?
As for that nice Brad head, it really looks familiar but i can't remember from what figure set.
(My Mr. Smith head is the ancient BBI Navy Seal Team 8 Trident so he's due for an upgrade!)

Thanks for the kind words Rollotomasi!

That might come from the male body that is quite tall, but I used a S09 as well for Angelina, the skintone matches nicely, and the breast size was accurate at that time lol

The male body is from art figures, it's originally Riddick's body (you might have noticed the tattoo on his neck)

The head sadly isn't very good, it is a clone from Blitzway's Fight Club "tyler durden", I never found the official head loose, and the full figure is way too expensive for what it is... Reason why I didn't shoot the happy couple a lot more than this lol

Now a blast from the past, after watching it again I had to take some shots of that so iconic T800, one of my oldest hot toys figs...

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Terminator_01

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Terminator_02

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Terminator_03

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Terminator_04

58Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful shots of my first high-end sixth-scale figure! I hope they don't send me into a shopping spree. Smile

59Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:31 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
blackpool wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ugh damn, those Drive photos look so damn GOOD!  Making me want to watch it again right now.  The hallway looks PERFECT.  And the lighting on all these shots is so excellent.

Don't know how I missed commenting before, but that Lethal Weapon scene is so killer, and I LOVE the Unbreakable shots (Possibly M Night Shyamalan best movie too).  Your photos are always such a blast!

haha many thanks Reverend! I gotta confess the lighting on my shots greatly improved and is way more simple to build now that I have those small RGB stickable spots, I can quickly get 8 dimmable sources with various colors or intensity, that helps a lot! About the corridor I didn't think of it but you might be interested by those walls, if you want them, i can upload them here for you to print.

Totally agreed about unbreakable, it's my favorite movie from Shyamalan too, even compared to split and glass (I didn't like the sxth sense that much, for me unbreakable and signs are his best works) Still that recent glass movie mde me want to redo my Bruce Willis, may be soon!

Tell me more about these rgb stickable spots.  Lighting is by far the weakest part of my photography, and something I need to improve.  Yours always looks fantastic, and I must say, you've got me intrigued.

I should consider more printable backgrounds.  Sometimes not having the right set done keeps me from photographing finished figures, and your printable backgrounds always look legit.  

So is Glass actually good? Based on the trailers, I could not get excited for that or Split, but I loved Unbreakable's dark grounded take on the superhero genre.  I loved Signs most of the way through, but hated how it came together at the end.  Everything with the wife's prophetic last words made me cringe, and I just couldn't get my head around this alien race that could travel across the universe (something we can't do) but struggled with doors, seemed to have no actual technology of their own, came to a planet that's 71% covered in water, where water regularly falls from the sky, to abduct people made of about 60% water, but are deathly allergic to water and haven't figured out a rain coat let alone a protective suit.  Shyamalan is such a talented director, and is a master of tension, but it seems like too many of his ideas crumble under any scrutiny.

And those Terminator shots looks awesome!!!  That scene blew me away the 1st time I saw it, and your pics totally nail it.

60Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 am

blackpool

blackpool
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Tell me more about these rgb stickable spots.  Lighting is by far the weakest part of my photography, and something I need to improve.  Yours always looks fantastic, and I must say, you've got me intrigued.

I should consider more printable backgrounds.  Sometimes not having the right set done keeps me from photographing finished figures, and your printable backgrounds always look legit.  

So is Glass actually good? Based on the trailers, I could not get excited for that or Split, but I loved Unbreakable's dark grounded take on the superhero genre.  I loved Signs most of the way through, but hated how it came together at the end.  Everything with the wife's prophetic last words made me cringe, and I just couldn't get my head around this alien race that could travel across the universe (something we can't do) but struggled with doors, seemed to have no actual technology of their own, came to a planet that's 71% covered in water, where water regularly falls from the sky, to abduct people made of about 60% water, but are deathly allergic to water and haven't figured out a rain coat let alone a protective suit.  Shyamalan is such a talented director, and is a master of tension, but it seems like too many of his ideas crumble under any scrutiny.

And those Terminator shots looks awesome!!!  That scene blew me away the 1st time I saw it, and your pics totally nail it.

I made a thread about those spots in the tutorials section just for you bro! (I didn't want to say it before it was really done lmao)

Printable backgrounds are of great help for me mainly because I don't have room to store "permanent" dioramas, so I just have a stock of cardboard panels to create whatever I need (I usually make three panels of the same set, the back side being used for another set to save space and money)

After sharing them with my friend Nick (@lenses_on_figures on instagram) I think he found the perfect balance between printed and models, he actually used my prints but still cut out windows an doors, sometimes reused the printed door but with a real cardboard or wood frame and details. The result is veeeeeery cool for a decent amount of work.

About Shyamalan Glass was good, but not as good as I thought, I loved the acting and the main characters but the halfway between shyamalan's usual works and some DC comics style movie doesn't work very well... At some moments it's great, intense, thrilling, at some others I just sit back like wtf...
I found split better! And agreed with you Shyamalan doesn't care much about incoherences in his storylines, it's sometimes obvious, I still love his work mainly for the quality of visuals and his ability at creating thrill and tension.

61Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:55 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
So Great ! The Figures, Poses and Your Photographie Style

62Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:45 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
blackpool wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

I made a thread about those spots in the tutorials section just for you bro! (I didn't want to say it before it was really done lmao)

Printable backgrounds are of great help for me mainly because I don't have room to store "permanent" dioramas, so I just have a stock of cardboard panels to create whatever I need (I usually make three panels of the same set, the back side being used for another set to save space and money)

After sharing them with my friend Nick (@lenses_on_figures on instagram) I think he found the perfect balance between printed and models, he actually used my prints but still cut out windows an doors, sometimes reused the printed door but with a real cardboard or wood frame and details. The result is veeeeeery cool for a decent amount of work.

About Shyamalan Glass was good, but not as good as I thought, I loved the acting and the main characters but the halfway between shyamalan's usual works and some DC comics style movie doesn't work very well... At some moments it's great, intense, thrilling, at some others I just sit back like wtf...
I found split better! And agreed with you Shyamalan doesn't care much about incoherences in his storylines, it's sometimes obvious, I still love his work mainly for the quality of visuals and his ability at creating thrill and tension.

Holy crap Blackpool, thanks so much!!! Using those lights is BRILLIANT. I was looking at the Lumecubes recently too, and seriously flinched at the price. I'll spend a while day shooting a photo series, so the fact that these plug in as opposed to the rechargeable Lumecubes is actually a big advantage. I'll be picking up a set or 2 IMMEDIATELY.

I've seen @lenses_on_figures on instagram too! I'll have to add him to my watch list. I can definitely see the appeal of the printed backdrops, and the fact that he combines them with 3D elements is really tight too. I have at least 2 more figure that are ready to go and I'm trying to figure out what I want to shoot them against. The fact that it's cold as hell out right now means I'm sticking to indoor shoots, so maybe I should look for something to print instead.

The dios aren't as bad a suck on space as you'd expect. I have 2 set up currently in my photo/work room, but everything breaks down pretty flat for storage and while I swap out for different shoots. Honestly, I'd prefer to just set the garage dio up permanently in the living room, but it's all tape and unfinished insulation foam from the outside, and the work room it's in now actually gets way better light for photos. Plus in the living room, I think that cats would be VERY interested in exploring it.

And I agree that Shyamalan is a fantastic director! He's just a terrible writer, and I really wish he would work on other people's projects, instead of his own. I think if he was handed solid scripts, he'd be knocking out pure gold. But I'm totally with you, his pacing, atmosphere, and the overall feel of his work is so tense and incredible.

63Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:47 am

blackpool

blackpool
Ephiane wrote:So Great ! The Figures, Poses and Your Photographie Style

Thank you very much Eph, same compliments for you, I'm such a big fan of your creations and photoshoots, your dioramas as well!!!

@Reverendspooky my pleasure if it can help! I'm gonna give a try at mixing more real props, models, and backdrop, I am working on the bathroom sequence from Lethal Weapon 2 (where a bomb explodes under the toilets seat)

Speaking of which I recently rebuilt my Lethal Weapon duo, upgrading my Riggs with a customized "quiksilver" windbreaker/jacket

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_11

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_12

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_13

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 3 Lethalweapon_14

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum