OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

blackpool

ReverendSpooky wrote:
My big question, for you guys who got yours, is how is that seamless arm?  Phicen has pretty much spoiled us with steel skeletons, so I was curious about this one.  Does it move well?  What's the outer material like in comparison?  Are you worried at all about the armature breaking inside?

In case you didn't get yours yet the seamless arms on furiosa are very similar to what Hot toys produced on ada wong and pepper potts. Not sure they have a steel skeleton, but the rubber is strong, it keeps a nice elbow shape once bent, and the shoulder joint is surprisingly good.
I forgot the elbow bent during one night after shooting her, and it didn't leave any marks. The only limitation is the upper arm rotation, as the rubber is much stronger than phicen's silicon

The "cut" seamless arm works the same, the elbow joint is inside the arm before the mecha part starts, and there is a magnet inside the rubber to match the one inside the mecha arm cup part.

Here are my very first edits of her and my "alternative" max, basically the art figures "mad racer" with the headsculpt from el1ev1en

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 5 Furyroad_01

film - VTS Toys 1/6 Wasteland Ranger - Furiosa (Do Venders Have an Out?; UPDATED: 5/18/18) - Page 5 Furyroad_02

Rogerbee

Founding Father
You made her look good.

CHEERS!

Skippy

Fox915 wrote:This fellow managed to do a (Phicen) body swap for Furiosa. I think the results look really good, the head to body scale seems quite resonable, and the weathering work looks top notch.

But after all that work he still had to put her on a riser.

And she's still too short.

As Stryker wrote,

So what started as a $170 bootleg figure turns into a near $300 “acceptable” figure...

I'm happy keeping her as she was intended as I like the stock proportions.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Blackpool -- that is some beautiful photography as usual.

Asta -- that's exactly what I was thinking about the great mod on youtube: after all this cool work, it still needed the "booster seat." Though it does look very good by itself (certainly more so than before).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum