OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match…

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PureEnergy

Here is the lovely Jessica Alba Head Sculpt that I have, of unknown brand, unfortunately…

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match… Albahs10

I regret not having had the wherewithal to get a shot of the neck socket, which were bowl-shaped, rather than the usual tubular sockets that are most typical; I’ve since Dremeled it to work with the more common fittings, but a photo of the neck hole may have been helpful in identifying this Sculpt.  

This image reveals the difference between the skin tones of the Alba Head Sculpt and a Phicen / TBL S23B “Suntan” model.  As is easily notable, the Sculpt is significantly darker than the figure…  

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match… Alba2310

Finally, here is the JA Head Sculpt with a “European” Jiaou Doll advertised as being “Wheat” in color (which may or may not have been an error in the description).  This body is actually slightly paler than that of the TBL S23B, shown on the left, below…  

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match… Albajd10

It would certainly be much appreciated if anyone could,  A) Identify the brand of the Alba Head Sculpt (for future reference), and,  B) Recommend the best choice of Jiaou Doll for the closest match in skin tone.

As always, many thanks in advance for all your assistance, and Happy Holidays!

N

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't have this particular Jessica Alba head sculpt (which looks quite good), so I don't know. As for the body, the older "wheat" might work better, but perhaps better yet the (older?) "brown." I can't be certain just looking at photos, so this is just a suggestion, don't hold me to it. And I write "older" in reference to the releases preceding the "New European," etc ones. If I recall the "new" releases adjusted some of the colors without renaming them; "wheat" was one of these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not familiar with this one either. It almost looks like Phicen’s “Tan” color (like their Red Riding Hood).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match… Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

PureEnergy

Yes, she's a beauty, but she needs a matching body...

Indeed, I can hear the hesitation in your speculation, Guv.  The JD coding system seems entirely unintelligible.  I’m seeing “Wheat,” and also “Wheaten,” and wondering if there is a difference.  

Stryker, you’re referring to the original, darker “Tan” by Phicen that has since been replaced by “Suntan," correct?  That had been somewhat before my time.  Are those still available?  

As always, many thanks for your assistance.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:Stryker, you’re referring to the original, darker “Tan” by Phicen that has since been replaced by “Suntan," correct?  That had been somewhat before my time.

No. Back when TBLeague was still Phicen, they had 4 different colors at different times: Suntan (which is the dark or “Old Suntan”), Tan (which had a somewhat orange cast), Pale, and for a couple of their Asian figures (like Tomoe), they had sort of a Pink. If I remember correctly, their Tan only made it into their first (possibly 2nd) generation of stainless steel skeleton bodies before it disappeared.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please Help to Identify / Recommend an Appropriate Match… Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

PureEnergy

Thank you, Stryker.   The coding is esoteric - or perhaps nonsensical, I'm not sure...

Does anyone happen to have a photo of a “Brown” Jiaou Doll with a Head Sculpt (matching, or not) to share here?  I can eliminate several of the other colors, and am currently just looking for a contrast between the Brown JD and the Phicen “Suntan” skin tones.  

Any help would be delightful and most appreciated.  Otherwise, I may have to repaint this Sculpt, which, although a daunting notion, would at least allow me to choose from practically any of the available bodies - but that remains my very last resort.

MerylAkiba

MerylAkiba
Here are the new ones for jiaou:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=European+Female+Action+Figure+

I pre-ordered PS because I think and hope it might match the old Suntan (Power of the Valkyrie, Caroline Munroe, Sheena, maybe hot toys)

Here is a link from here about Phicen /Jiaou

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t56-phicen-jiaou

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wheat and wheaten are the same, but keep in mind (I checked) that this is one of the colors affected by a shift in tone when the "New European" bodies were released. So the older wheat color for the 3.0 bodies is probably better for your needs, but I don't know if it is perfect.

Meryl Akiba posted a link to our thread on the Jiaou bodies above, where I have a post with the then more or less complete lineup of male and female Jiaou 3.0 bodies, including both the older wheat and brown.

PureEnergy

Thank you, gentlemen.

I will visit those links and hopefully return with a somewhat better sense of these colors. I appreciate your help and advice.

PureEnergy

MerylAkiba wrote:Here are the new ones for jiaou:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=European+Female+Action+Figure+

I pre-ordered PS because I think and hope it might match the old Suntan (Power of the Valkyrie, Caroline Munroe, Sheena, maybe hot toys)

Here is a link from here about Phicen /Jiaou

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t56-phicen-jiaou

I would have thought that PS indicated Pale Skin…  

The Alba Head Sculpt that I have seems to match quite well with the tone of the Phicen M35; so aren’t we both rather looking for a “Brown” JD?  

Although, in those comparison photos, the "Brown" tone appears to be quite yellow...

Perhaps I should simplify my question:

Can anyone tell me the product code for the New JD European model in a relatively dark tone which would most closely match the Phicen M35?  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

blackpool

blackpool
I couldn't tell from where this headsculpt is coming from but for body suggestions... If not seamless you might be the closest with the old hot toys TrueType bodies, there was a "caucasian" generic skin tone, but there was also a "cuban" skin tone that could be a good match for you.
I you want her seamless my only suggestion would be the halle berry figure that phicen made some years ago, sadly it's from their plastic skeleton era so it's a very fragile body...

PureEnergy

blackpool wrote:I couldn't tell from where this headsculpt is coming from but for body suggestions... If not seamless you might be the closest with the old hot toys TrueType bodies, there was a "caucasian" generic skin tone, but there was also a "cuban" skin tone that could be a good match for you.
I you want her seamless my only suggestion would be the halle berry figure that phicen made some years ago, sadly it's from their plastic skeleton era so it's a very fragile body...

Many thanks, Blackpool.  

Unfortunately, I cannot abide by the non-seamless (seamful?) bodies; I have been ruined for all time by the likes of Phicen...  

It's too bad that that Halle Berry of which you speak is of the older, plastic order, which is also and equally undoable.  

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestions, nonetheless, and I hope you have a wonderful new year.

blackpool

blackpool
you're welcome, wishing you a great new year too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum