OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:20 pm

DonDeG

Hi Everyone

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! And I wish all of you a very Happy New Year!  cheers

I just posted to my blog a different kind of photo shoot from my usual mid century dioramas. Instead, this time I did a Star Wars Fashion Doll photo shoot! I explain everything at my blog:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/queen-poppy-of-naboo/

There are 25 photos in the shoot. I've posted a few of them here too for you to see. Please pop by my blog to see the remainder!

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! IMG_6704

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! IMG_6770

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! IMG_6932

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! IMG_7099

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! IMG_7201

Thanks for looking, Everyone! Again, the full photo shoot is at my blog at:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/queen-poppy-of-naboo/

2Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos, Don. Poppy looks great. Thanks for sharing.

And welcome aboard, glad you finally made it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

3Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 pm

DonDeG

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos, Don. Poppy looks great. Thanks for sharing.

And welcome aboard, glad you finally made it.

Hey Stryker!

Great to hear from you! Happy Holidays, Buddy! Thanks for the nice compliments! Something a little different this time! Very Happy

You take care and have a Happy and safe New Years!

Best wishes,

Don

4Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:32 pm

PureEnergy

Excellence...

Happy New Year!

5Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:04 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Beautiful Photos Don! You really have taken the Star Wars costumes and made them look like a high end fashion magazine photo shoot. Great concept exceptionally executed.

6Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:44 pm

DonDeG

ReverendSpooky wrote:Beautiful Photos Don!  You really have taken the Star Wars costumes and made them look like a high end fashion magazine photo shoot.  Great concept exceptionally executed.  

Thanks, ReverendSpooky! Can you believe not one of the photos was retouched?! These are all exactly the way I shot them. It's amazing what you can do with a desk lamp! Laughing

And Happy New Year, my friend!

Best,

Don

7Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:08 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
DonDeG wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Beautiful Photos Don!  You really have taken the Star Wars costumes and made them look like a high end fashion magazine photo shoot.  Great concept exceptionally executed.  

Thanks, ReverendSpooky! Can you believe not one of the photos was retouched?! These are all exactly the way I shot them. It's amazing what you can do with a desk lamp! Laughing

And Happy New Year, my friend!

Best,

Don

That is really cool actually! You got some really sharp shadows that really do have a dynamic effect.

And Happy New Year to you too!

http://reverendspooky.com

8Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done. Classy and creative, while combining two rather distant subgenres of fashion.
Happy New Year!

9Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:25 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome DonDeg ! Fantastic Pictures. The Figure looks Great with that backgroud pictures

10Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 am

blackpool

blackpool
lovely pictures of outstanding outfits and figures/dolls! They are all gorgeous, thanks a lot for sharing!

11Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Peaches

Peaches
I popped by your blog, @DonDeG and WOW! What wonderful furniture and dioramas! Did you make them? I haven't had time to read, LOL, just swooning over pictures Smile My favorite furniture era Smile

12Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Don doesn't stop in very often, but when he does... Wow! And yes, he does make most of his furniture, or he has someone make some pieces. Generally, he'll walk through his dioramas step-by-step, much the way ShovelChop does, on his blog, and he'll explain which pieces are his. He's made some incredible record players, lamps, chairs, you name it. Some pretty amazing pieces, and he builds his "sets". He has many of his costumes made specifically for his figures to achieve that particular mid-century look. I imagine he's super busy making his next creation. I highly recommend taking a closer look at his blog and reading his process, it's pretty enlightening.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

13Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! Empty Re: Mid Century Phicen: Queen Poppy of Naboo! on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Will do! Totally in love!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum