First a little background, since I'm not a complete newb. I do a lot of modeling and kitbashing with Gundam model kits, remodeling, and repainting of a variety of other mechanical-based kits. I started as a kid, splitting open my Marvel action figures and rearranging parts, or stealing my moms nail polish to do repaints. I remember a Silver Hawk figure I scratched the face off when I found out it was silver underneath and painted a visor to finish it.
I'm a writer, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and right now I'm trying my hand at the Super Hero genre, my first two 1/6 models are going to reflect that. I've never been able to draw, and prefer working with something physical so it felt like a good time to jump into this. I'm somewhat anime inspired, but it's not my mainstay. I'm happy to have many conversations about the topic as I grow into it, so drop a line whenever
But onto the questions.
1) I'm pretty much sold on TBLeague/Phicen, but are there comparable seamless bodies from other companies out there? Would they be more or less expensive? I've seen Jiaoudo.
2) Are all neckless heads within the 1/6 scale? I'm eyeing head sculpts until the one I really want releases, I see some that say compatible with TBL and others Jiaoudo.
3) Re TBL bodies, I'm going for a warrior for my first female figure, are the 21b and 23b the most muscular bodies in the line?
4) Re TBL Male bodies, short term goal is to have one male to have as a pair to my female. For male head sculpts, what do people use for younger guys? Besides a couple Asian head sculpts, most look older than I want. I'm going for 18-mid-twenties. I found a couple monk heads I like the look of, I just have to get wigs if I go that route.
4 1/2?) Recommendations for male bodies?
5) What sort of paint works on these? I'm considering waterslide decals for body tattoos, and latex based acrylics for hand and feet markings, since they look like they're some kind of plastic, ABS?
6) Do you do split box buys here? I don't think I saw any rules for or against the practice here, but there's at least one outfit (Cat13b from Cat toys) that comes with a head I have no interest in.
I hope that's not to much at once, I'm eager to get started I guess, I love kitbashing anything I can get my hands on and always have. So, my excitement might be guiding my typing fingers xD