OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Spring time Challenge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Spring time Challenge on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I know we have some talented individuals here, So now I would like to pose a Challenge here on OSF, for those willing to accept it,
is anyone up to it?

A cardboard challenge (cereal box , card , poster board) Fantasy or Sci Fi armor for your figure female or male warrior.

No boundaries I just want to see what people can do? Maybe  papier-mâché or decoupage?

A few years ago I accepted a challenge from MWD to build a cardboard Fantasy or Sci Fi armor for my figure female.

This is how she turned out, The Black Warrior! I used Black Cardstock Paper for my build.

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYovW2xAChVkHosted on Fotki

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYovG3xAChVkHosted on Fotki

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYovnNxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYovqrxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYovd8xAChVkHosted on Fotki

Bad Wolf

#custom  #female #fantasy



_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

2Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For cardboard armor, that’s pretty good.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

3Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:For cardboard armor, that’s pretty good.

Thank you! Very Happy


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

4Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:00 am

Kukolka

Kukolka
Nice work!

Supplementing some outfits with cardboard armour pieces is on my to-do list. Whenever that's done, I'll post here.


_________________
blog | flickr | tumblr

Custom - Spring time Challenge Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

5Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty cool for cardboard, and it seems to lend itself to this sort of armor. Well done!


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

6Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:06 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Kukolka wrote:Nice work!

Supplementing some outfits with cardboard armour pieces is on my to-do list. Whenever that's done, I'll post here.

Thank you, that's sounds like cool idea, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

7Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:Pretty cool for cardboard, and it seems to lend itself to this sort of armor. Well done!


Thank you, yeah it kinda reminds me of some sort of futuristic armor.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

8Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
That's a challenge way beyond my skill set but my hats of to anyone who accepts the challenge !
(Just no outdoor shots when it's raining ! cyclops )


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge AH5gGa0

9Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:(Just no outdoor shots when it's raining ! cyclops )

RAINING?! I’d be happy if it stopped snowing! Over the last four days we got hit with another 16” (SIXTEEN INCHES!!!). The next person that talks to me about global warming is getting punched in the face. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Our local fire department has a funny sign mocking the old adage “April showers brings May flowers” — there sign says: April showers brings snow plowers.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

10Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Stryker, I am not laughing at your situation, just along with your fire department's sense of humor. Blame it on Game of Thrones. But eventually summer comes back.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

11Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Interesting challenge. Anyone who accepts is going to have a task outdoing your work. That's pretty damn good looking armor. Well done, indeed.

Sorry for your weather, Stryker. I could go into how unusually chilly it's been here, but that'd just piss you off.

Seriously though, hope it warms up for you shortly.

12Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Allotropos wrote:That's a challenge way beyond my skill set but my hats of to anyone who accepts the challenge !
(Just no outdoor shots when it's raining ! cyclops )

Thanks, I really hope someone tries, yep that is very true.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

13Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:32 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:
Allotropos wrote:(Just no outdoor shots when it's raining ! cyclops )

RAINING?! I’d be happy if it stopped snowing! Over the last four days we got hit with another 16” (SIXTEEN INCHES!!!). The next person that talks to me about global warming is getting punched in the face. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Our local fire department has a funny sign mocking the old adage “April showers brings May flowers” — there sign says: April showers brings snow plowers.

Oh I hear ya, we had a snow storm last weekend here Midwest (the wet heavy stuff) but I feel really bad for the people on the east coast.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

14Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
dadrab wrote:Interesting challenge. Anyone who accepts is going to have a task outdoing your work. That's pretty damn good looking armor. Well done, indeed.

Sorry for your weather, Stryker. I could go into how unusually chilly it's been here, but that'd just piss you off.

Seriously though, hope it warms up for you shortly.

Thank you my friend, well no they really don't need to outdo my work, my photos were just an example what could be done.

I just wanted to see what people can do.

I totally agree I hope it warms up too.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

15Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I'm a bit surprised that DFC hasn't commented anything yet about paper cuts or chafing on Black Warrior yet?


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

16Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I'm a bit surprised that DFC hasn't commented anything yet about paper cuts or chafing on Black Warrior yet?

Interesting point... Smile


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

17Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Here's another photo of The Black Warrior with her sisters that I just found.

Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2JYcvq4xAChVkHosted on Fotki
The Black Warrior, The original Shi, Shi in Battle Armor, Little Red Riding Hood Shi's a Ninja

The original Shi has been updated with a Shi 2 body and now can stand on her own.

Thank for looking

Bad Wolf


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

18Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice group. It's a Zhang Ziyi love fest.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

19Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photo... and she does fit in very nicely, by the looks of it.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

20Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:47 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice group. It's a Zhang Ziyi love fest.

Thank you, yep, not pictured Shi in kimono US version


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

21Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:48 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice photo... and she does fit in very nicely, by the looks of it.

Thank you


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

22Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Very cool idea. I've never thought to make accessories out of paper. Went looking to see what others have been doing and found a lot of neat ideas. Don't know what scale these are made to but they are apparently all-paper constructions.

Custom - Spring time Challenge Mogami-Yoshiaki-Armor

Custom - Spring time Challenge Aa2c7d058bb0b41e42c01f5fc0a5b9f4

Custom - Spring time Challenge Tumblr_mw5g59MKEm1sfi6kho1_500


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

23Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
shazzdan wrote:Very cool idea. I've never thought to make accessories out of paper. Went looking to see what others have been doing and found a lot of neat ideas. Don't know what scale these are made to but they are apparently all-paper constructions.

Custom - Spring time Challenge Mogami-Yoshiaki-Armor

Custom - Spring time Challenge Aa2c7d058bb0b41e42c01f5fc0a5b9f4

Custom - Spring time Challenge Tumblr_mw5g59MKEm1sfi6kho1_500

Very cool looking items.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

24Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. Those two dresses are really well done.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

25Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I keep meaning to do this! I’ve got plenty of ideas! XD


_________________
- - lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk - -
http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

26Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Lynkhart wrote:I keep meaning to do this! I’ve got plenty of ideas! XD

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

27Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Thought it was impolite to not accept Bad Wolf's challenge so here is my first attempt at paper armour. This style of armour is known as a "tube and yoke" cuirass and was popular in the Aegean, Mediterranean, and Middle East for a period of around 500 years during the Classical, Hellenistic, and Roman Republican periods.

Custom - Spring time Challenge 4107046096047bea1f4a20eb674e6418--antique-vases-greek-history Custom - Spring time Challenge Vase1


This one is made from a paper shopping bag.

Custom - Spring time Challenge Xec5TIa

Custom - Spring time Challenge 885fmmQ


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

28Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work, shazzdan. I was thinking along the same lines. While simple, it is a very effective illustration of how that type of cuirass worked, and a great way of explaining it.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned out pretty nice, shazzdan. Nice job.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

30Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you shazzdan for accepting my spring time challenge it is much appreciated, mighty fine looking paper armor and indeed and a great way of explaining it.  Very Happy


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

31Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

dadrab

dadrab
Well, shoot...

That turned out pretty damn well.

Excellent job.

32Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:42 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Bad Wolf, googling brought me here.
I'm thinking of getting an armored SHI and i hope you don't mind me asking questions:
1. What is the skintone of the body? (described as "tan" on one ebay listing). Is it the "old suntan" like S12D?
2. Does the Shi red costume stain the body/arms/legs? (since i want to use the "tan" body for another figure).
Thanks!

33Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

(How the Hell did auto-correct/auto-fill think when I typed “Kumik”, what I really meant to type was “aluminum”...?! I’m serious, whatever tech-dick came up with auto-correct/auto-fill needs to be cut with razor blades and fed to a pool of ravenous sharks.)


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Spring time Challenge Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

34Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'll accept your challenge to make some cardboard armor, after all I get carton board for free from Sams, just gotta ask nicely and walk out of the stores with a few rolls of the stuff. 😊


_________________
I do this for fun, otherwise it would be my job. alien

35Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker2011 wrote:Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

(How the Hell did auto-correct/auto-fill think when I typed “Kumik”, what I really meant to type was “aluminum”...?! I’m serious, whatever tech-dick came up with auto-correct/auto-fill needs to be cut with razor blades and fed to a pool of ravenous sharks.)

Yeah it looks very "orangey" in the pics, looks like the skintone is similar to TBL S05 (Shu Qi).
Will check out Kumik sculpts, like the Kumik S16-21B head (on Jiaou brown body) that Martian posted on the OSW colour matching thread.
I appreciate the info, thanks!

I also can't stand auto-correct/auto-fill, have it turned off on every device.

36Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Here's my cardboard armor, a mandalorian inspired style of armor made out of carton board, I added some stuff in aurebesh just for fun. 😄

Custom - Spring time Challenge BvWctTa

I made the armor last night but took the photos today.


_________________
I do this for fun, otherwise it would be my job. alien

37Custom - Spring time Challenge Empty Re: Spring time Challenge on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:06 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
rollotomasi wrote:@Bad Wolf, googling brought me here.
I'm thinking of getting an armored SHI and i hope you don't mind me asking questions:
1. What is the skintone of the body? (described as "tan" on one ebay listing). Is it the "old suntan" like S12D?
2. Does the Shi red costume stain the body/arms/legs? (since i want to use the "tan" body for another figure).
Thanks!

Not a problem but unfortunately I don't have any good answers for you, I was thinking it was the old suntan skin tone but it doesn't look like it.

I've never had her outfit off so I don't know, I'm sorry that I've could have been of more help.

Stryker2011 wrote:Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

(How the Hell did auto-correct/auto-fill think when I typed “Kumik”, what I really meant to type was “aluminum”...?! I’m serious, whatever tech-dick came up with auto-correct/auto-fill needs to be cut with razor blades and fed to a pool of ravenous sharks.)

Thank you for the help on this one it's much appreciated.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Here's my cardboard armor, a mandalorian inspired style of armor made out of carton board, I added some stuff in aurebesh just for fun. 😄

Custom - Spring time Challenge BvWctTa

I made the armor last night but took the photos today.

Great looking armor, he looks good.


_________________
Custom - Spring time Challenge 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum