OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 39]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, my friend. Glad you like it. It was a monstrous amount of work, and I’m still not done (still need to build the cabinet and table to house it).

GregT

like Bad Wolf said, epic... epic-ness.... epic-osity.... (I gotta go find my Dictionary of Superlatives)

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thank you, Greg. That’s a lot of epic. Razz

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Another character I'm excited will be added to my collection of Jabba's Palace Goons: Tessek (I'll have to supply the body, but all parts and clothes will be made and painted by Cagoda, over at the Freaks -- the same guy that made the amazing Amanaman figure). He just finished up his Tessek, and here are his pics.

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 0-1-110
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 0-6-110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How awesome, he's gonna fit right in! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Nice one, I. Sure the others will accept him in your dio, however he looks! ;P

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's the squidman! or as I used to call any I saw, Calamario. Jabbas palace keeps getting fuller and greater.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I believe he was called Squidhead originally, before they decided that was denigrating and gave him the name Tessek. He (or his species) was always one of my favorite aliens in the Star Wars universe. Your diorama is going to look even greater and fuller with him in it.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Every now and then a 1/6 item comes along that just sets itself apart from all the rest. This is one of those items. Absolutley love the Jabba diorama and all you have done with it.
As it has been said before 1:6 props are BIG and this is jumbo fun !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:How awesome, he's gonna fit right in! Smile

Ovy wrote:Nice one, I. Sure the others will accept him in your dio, however he looks! ;P

Theboo-bomb wrote:It's the squidman! or as I used to call any I saw, Calamario. Jabbas palace keeps getting fuller and greater.

GubernatorFan wrote:I believe he was called Squidhead originally, before they decided that was denigrating and gave him the name Tessek. He (or his species) was always one of my favorite aliens in the Star Wars universe. Your diorama is going to look even greater and fuller with him in it.

Thanks, all. Yes, indeed. I think he’ll fit in rather well.

Pontiacivan wrote:Every now and then a 1/6 item comes along that just sets itself apart from all the rest. This is one of those items. Absolutley love the Jabba diorama and all you have done with it.
As it has been said before 1:6 props are BIG and this is jumbo fun !

Thanks, PI. Glad you like it. I don’t know if I can compete with the likes of ReverendSpooky or Ephiane, but I did my best.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Really amazing work with that diorama, Stryker!
I better watch ROTJ again.
Who is that hooded character sitting on the stairs, in front of frozen Han?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, rollotomasi. And good catch — you’re the first to mention him. I think he’s actually a Star Trek alien— I bought the head, hands and feet loose; slapped it on a generic body and added some loose Jedi clothes and gave him a Skiff Guard weapon.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Star Trek?! Blasphemy! Very Happy
Well not really since I'm more on Star Trek than SW.
From what i can make out of one pic, the head resembles the Jem'Hadar Star Trek figure.
Looking forward to more pics of the dio with your upcoming characters.

793sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 Empty Jabba palace background Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 am

Evil_Gypsy

I seen in this thread someone had made a palace background for behind jabbas throne and was wondering if the person who made it was available to make another for a diorama iam making. Thank you. Also amazing work on this mine is is already sad compared to this masterpiece.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Evil_Gypsy. What type of diorama are you making? blackpool is the one who made mine for me.

Evil_Gypsy

Thank you. Iam doing a smaller jabba palace display iam working with a 4'x2'x2' area. Staring g simple and gradually moving to more details as I go.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Its crazy - I love this hobby so much that I'm on message boards every day, but still have so many threads still to read - not enough time. I still haven't read the whole thread, but just flicked back to see the latest pictures - really an impresive Dio! All the work, realism and blending of the backgroudn and use of light! Excellent, that is how you present your figures.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Evil_Gypsy wrote:Thank you. Iam doing a smaller jabba palace display iam working with a 4'x2'x2' area. Staring g simple and gradually moving to more details as I go.

Sounds cool. Did you PM blackpool? I can show you (hopefully) the different images he sent me to make mine if you like (again, hopefully, even shrunk down to smaller image file sizes, I'm not sure I will be able to upload them to the site, as they are still massive).

Valiarde wrote:Its crazy - I love this hobby so much that I'm on message boards every day, but still have so many threads still to read - not enough time. I still haven't read the whole thread, but just flicked back to see the latest pictures - really an impresive Dio! All the work, realism and blending of the backgroudn and use of light! Excellent, that is how you present your figures.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words -- it's a huge undertaking for sure; if you manage to go back and see the build from the point I actually started working on the dio, you will see just what had to go into this beast. And, I still have to build the cabinet to contain the whole thing. I have most of the parts and materials to do it, but I don't have an insulated (or heated) garage, so I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a LOT more before I can work in there again.

At the moment, with the whole virus thing, the wife and I have finally been working on painting the inside of our house (another huge undertaking when we already have all our crap set up for the last 2 1/2 years); having to move all that $@#t just to get at one wall at a time is an absolute pain in the butt. Our 14 year old dog isn't much help, either -- keeps wanting to check out what I'm doing as I'm trying to tape up the stuff we don't want paint on, or drape himself across the back of my legs when I'm down on my old knees -- makes getting back up a bit of a challenge.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Updated shots of Leia with her new head sculpt. Enjoy.

sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3326
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3327
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3325
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3328
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3329
sideshow -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 32 _dsc3330

Oops. Looks like I didn't hide the tissue paper behind her back very well... I'll have to take care of that.

Ovy

Ovy
Great job, like that misty atmosphere. And the light lines on the backdrop look very effective, especially the shadow pics. Still not a fan of the character printed on the backdrop though (but well they can be hidden)

Getting along nicely, will you finish it this year? Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks amazing with her new ‘face up’! And you got that hazy grainy aesthetic with the lighting and photos so well. Since the Leia is the centerpiece here, I can only imagine how happy you must be to have an improved sculpt. All we need now is a better/matching tbleague body, though the Jiaou one works fine, too. ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Great job, like that misty atmosphere. And the light lines on the backdrop look very effective, especially the shadow pics. Still not a fan of the character printed on the backdrop though (but well they can be hidden)

Getting along nicely, will you finish it this year? Very Happy

Thanks. The misty atmosphere is really a trick of the light — the directed overhead lights in the diorama are what creates that effect — I just prevent the flash from going off and push a button. I’m hoping I can get the cabinet done this year, but we’ll see. My garage isn’t insulated, nor does it have drywall — so it’s hotter than the sixth level of Hell in the summer (like now), and colder than a polar bear’s nut sack in the Winter; no happy medium this year, so far.

skywalkersaga wrote:Looks amazing with her new ‘face up’! And you got that hazy grainy aesthetic with the lighting and photos so well. Since the Leia is the centerpiece here, I can only imagine how happy you must be to have an improved sculpt. All we need now is a better/matching tbleague body, though the Jiaou one works fine, too. ^.^

Thanks. And yes, I’m very happy to have what could be considered a quintessential Carrie Fisher for this dio — at least for the head sculpt. And believe me, I’d give anything to be able to put her on a TBL with the right height and build for her tiny frame — not to mention a bra top that actually fit. I’ve been debating getting one of those newer Jiaou bodies with the narrow shoulders and smaller bust, hoping it will look a little more accurate. But money’s getting tight — particularly since every time I turn around a new batch of prior POs pops up.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The diorama looks better than ever with the upgraded Leia in it. Love the atmosphere and depth you've managed to achieve.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Guv. I honestly didn’t know if the camera was going to focus on Leia, or Luke’s shoulder, or maybe even the Gamorrean. It wasn’t until I could see the pics on my computer that I could actually see how they turned out. It reminds me of the “old days” before digital cameras when you had to get all the rolls of film developed, and then you realized out of all the shots you took, maybe only a handful were any good.

ZombieTestSubject

Look at the size of this thing! And the detail! And the lighting! and all the characters! Its all amazing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Look at the size of this thing! And the detail! And the lighting! and all the characters! Its all amazing.

Welcome aboard, and thanks very much for the kind words.

ZombieTestSubject

Stryker2011 wrote: Welcome aboard, and thanks very much for the kind words.

Thank you! They are totally deserved.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that!

blackpool

blackpool
Wooooooow amazing pictures!!!

The upgraded Leia is gorgeous, and the shots are really cool, so happy I could be a small part of that incredible creation (with your choice of angles the background works so well).

Simply fabulous Mark!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum