OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 37]

1discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:07 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

--

I believe everyone here knows me.  That's either good or bad.  I've been collecting 1:6 since 1998 when I discovered the ULTIMATE SOLDIER modern military offerings from 21st Century Toys.  I collected pretty much everything military for a while, but focused on primarily modern military.

Then around 2000/2001 my 1:6 collecting focus and niche changed . . . 1:6 female figures.  I started with GI JANE and COOL GIRL/CY GIRL figures and never looked back.

Today, my focus is primarily 1:6 female figures across a variety of genres and themes.  I still collect some modern military figures (mostly from DAMTOYS) and other eras if it hits my fancy.

I'm not the easiest person to get along with online.  I am very opinionated, crass, blunt, etc.  However, you'll always know where I stand up front.

Glad to be here.  I participate mostly on a few Facebook 1:6 discussion groups and the OSW.

That's it.

#discussion

2discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:33 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm a classicist and historian who has spent the last twenty years making replicas and reconstructions of ancient weapons and armour and using them for experimental archaeology. I have run out of space and thought that I could make the same stuff in 1:6. At this scale I can have a whole platoon set up in the space I needed for one full sized display.

Initially I made miniatures as a way to get rid of all the left over materials from my full-sized projects. The best results went in my display cabinet and the kids got the rest to play with. After doing that for a while my friends started asking me to make things for them too. Then someone said that I could make some money selling this stuff so I set up a little Etsy shop to make some pocket money.

It is giving me enough income to drop back to part time work, which lets me spend more time on projects that interest me. I was looking online to see what the market was doing and stumbled on One Sixth Warriors where I found some very talented craftsmen. It is a great community for sharing ideas. Now they are migrating over here and I followed along.

I'm not really interested in collecting figures. I'm more interested in kitbashes and tips on how to adapt real-world items for 1:6 modelling. I'm currently saving up for a good quality 3D printer so I can experiment with it.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

3discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Hello ALL Bad Wolf-787 (ok I like DOCTOR WHO) here but many of you here may know me better as Baddog-787 on OSW & MWD.

I am from South Dakota, literally the middle nowhere, LOL you know the home of Mt Rushmore, the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

In the mid 90's when I was in in a local mall book store I seen a Boris Vallejo calendar which led to fantasy art books which led to Mcfarlane
 Spawn 6 inch figure.(Twisted Fairy Tales, Biker chick) And a few years later (Summer of 2004) when I was coming in for dinner from work
(I had a really nice office a 950 Versatile) I stopped and picked up the mail where I found a junk toy catalog. (Entertainment Earth)

What's this another Toys R Us type catalog? And I almost threw it away until I spotted the M FOR MATURE READERS ONLY disclaimer
which peaked my curiosity, OMG very interesting catalog and on the last page I found Babes with Weapons (BBI CY GIRLS Destiny & Electra) and the rest is history.

Now looking back on the whole thing I really should have thrown away that catalog. LOL

At this time I have over 150 figures,33 motorcycles & hundreds of weapons.

thank you Bad WOLF-787

4discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Tis I!! The one and only Shovelchop81!.... who has no idea how to change his avatar! Very Happy   Been quite busy here I see building this site, very nice!
Oops, forgot the intro thingy as I know everyone here and just filled out my profile info! Got over 1,000 1/6 figures built half of them mostly from scratch, I love using random stuff I hoard and find dumped outside my house but will invest in head sculpts and particularly complicated clothing that are beyond my skill set. I love mechanical builds mostly so I do a lot of armour and MECHA like stuff but do the odd historical piece now and again. I also build airguns in tandem with my 1/6 builds and love motorcycles, used to build them too!

5discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:33 am

ostfront43

ostfront43
Hey all. Daniel here. On OSW I went by danhk93, and ostfront43 on different WW2 boards. My main interest is WW2 ETO, but have gained an interest TEOTWAWKI type figures and to a lesser extent modern. Been in the 1/6th hobby since 21st Century had the carded sets and when DML entered in 1999, took off from there. I have around 200 figures, and several vehicles. 1/6th is a great hobby and now a new place to play!!!!

6discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Pontiacivan here. Former PC repair tech and Science Fiction fan.
Most of my work revolves around an actual story I wrote as a younger man, which I am trying to realize parts of in 1/6.
I like to throw humor into the mix, mostly the juxtaposition of robots and humans, or occasionally the bad guys and the oblivious.
It's all for fun with me.
My work is cartoonish in style and I make a lot of my own props, but I am in awe of true artists of the craft (cough...Shovelchop81...cough ).
Many others of you will know my love of your work by my positive comments.
I try to use the " Thumper" principle, though I will occasionally call out commercial products if they exude a certain lameness.
Feel free to tell me when my work is subpar, even for make believe, as I take most criticism well.
I consider myself a great sounding board and an outside the box thinker, so f you ever get stuck on a way to do something, I will gladly offer my ideas.
Where you go with them is up to you!
Here's to a better online 1/6 experience for us all!

7discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello All. Stryker2011 checking in. Been collecting since a tot in the 60s. Started with what toys we could actually get, then moved on to books and movies (still have some old Laser Discs). I've moved in and out of collecting toys over the decades, but always manage to come back to 1/6. About half my collection is bashes (some customs), and I'm currently working on getting my Man Cave/workshop in order to do more of my own. I wish I had room for some dioramas, as I find a lot of what people post amazing, and it looks fun. Hope to get some photos up in the future. Greetings to everyone who's managing to find their way here.

8discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:54 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Rogerbee here,

More of a part time collector and basher than I used to be. Money was the reason, and partly still is. I'm moving to the North of England in the near future and once settled I'll see how much money I have left and what I can spend it on.

In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you guys and encourage your creativity

CHEERS!

9discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

dadrab

dadrab
I just like to build stuff, hence my love for remote controlled toys.

I also love me some sixth scale figures. Got my first GI Joe in 1964 and still have him. We've shared quite a few memories through the years. He's now got a bunch of friends, but he's still my boy. I can't look at him, standing in his corner of the shelf, and not smile. He makes me feel good and reminds me that there was time when nothing mattered but our next adventure. Joy, pure and simple.

Eventually, it stood to reason that I'd combine my love for sixth scale with the passion for building RC. It's the only scale I work in now, and has been for the last good many years.

I look forward to sharing some of my creations with you guys.

On another note, I sincerely hope OSW either comes back (gets fixed) or that its members transition here. I've built a healthy amount of respect for many of the folks on that forum and will miss them and their contributions to the the hobby desperately. Moreover, the wealth of creation and innovation that's been posted there through the years is immense and priceless. To lose it is inexcusable and would summarily call for the asswhooping of those responsible. That notion does not apply to the administrators there. Those guys work hard to keep the place running, but seem to be fighting an uphill battle. My hat is off to them.

10discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:09 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
dadrab wrote:I just like to build stuff, hence my love for remote controlled toys.

I also love me some sixth scale figures. Got my first GI Joe in 1964 and still have him. We've shared quite a few memories through the years. He's now got a bunch of friends, but he's still my boy. I can't look at him, standing in his corner of the shelf, and not smile. He makes me feel good and reminds me that there was time when nothing mattered but our next adventure. Joy, pure and simple.

Eventually, it stood to reason that I'd combine my love for sixth scale with the passion for building RC. It's the only scale I work in now, and has been for the last good many years.

I look forward to sharing some of my creations with you guys.

On another note, I sincerely hope OSW either comes back (gets fixed) or that its members transition here. I've built a healthy amount of respect for many of the folks on that forum and will miss them and their contributions to the the hobby desperately. Moreover, the wealth of creation and innovation that's been posted there through the years is immense and priceless. To lose it is inexcusable and would summarily call for the asswhooping of those responsible. That notion does not apply to the administrators there. Those guys work hard to keep the place running, but seem to be fighting an uphill battle. My hat is off to them.

--

PSST . . .

It's OK if there is no respect for me.  I know I'm usually a black sheep of the 1:6 herd.

Wink Razz

I comprehend the frustrations of the admins at the OSW, but I feel some of it is also bitterness right, wrong, and indifferent.

Good to see you here.

"Home" is what we choose to make of it.

11discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 am

dadrab

dadrab
DeltaForceChung wrote:

PSST . . .

It's OK if there is no respect for me.  I know I'm usually a black sheep of the 1:6 herd.

Wink Razz

I comprehend the frustrations of the admins at the OSW, but I feel some of it is also bitterness right, wrong, and indifferent.

Good to see you here.

"Home" is what we choose to make of it.

I've no axe to grind with you, man. The past is just that...

Are we radically different? Yep, and there's no harm or foul. Or, it could be that we're not so different at all when the trappings are removed.

In any case, I'm working on my judgementalism. It's a character flaw that no one can change but me.

12discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 pm

siquisiri

siquisiri
Im a 20+ year High school history teacher and been a 1/6 collector for some time. Like many of you, i started with Gi Joe, 21st century, and Dragon. My collection is mainly historical figures( I have 3 large display cases of historical figs, a dragon sherman,and a WWI tank, in my classroom!!) and films. In my part time ive directed a Mexican folk music ensemble for 23years(www.sonjarocho.com)
, and im the artistic director of Art Figs(www.artfigs.com)

http://www.artfigs.com

13discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Hey all.  I'm ReverendSpooky.  My life is pretty much about weirdo art, rock & roll, cats & whiskey.

I've been an avid toy collector for must of my life, and when I got the itch to start doing custom/kitbashed figures, 1/6 seemed the way to go.  The wealth of parts and accessories available was a big part of the appeal, but the fact that 1/6 figures used such a multi material approach is what really sucked me in.  Plastic bodies, fabric clothes, metal parts & accessories.  There just seemed to be limitless potential, and I tumbled head first into the 1/6 world.

I think I found OSW while I was researching how to build something in 1/6.  And I found this community full of people making incredible figures, fantastic work, people who were so willing to discuss their projects, share their knowledge, encourage each other.  For years it's been such an incredible source of information, inspiration, and a motivation to improve my own work.  I loved the diversity of what I could see people making.  Sci-fi, fantasy, horror, kitsch/retro, superheros.  Tips and tricks.  Brilliant uses of everyday finds that could be transformed into perfect pieces of 1/6 accessories. I'm not even a fan of most military stuff as a genre, but was regularly excited and awed by the craftsmanship that would go into a lot of people's 1/6 military figures, and what I could learn from them and apply to my own work.

While it's a shame that there have been so many issues over there lately, this forum seems such a great opportunity to start something new.  I already see a lot of my favorite people from OSW here (and yes, that does include you DFC) and I couldn't imagine a better crowd to kick off this endeavor.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the 1/6 world has coming, especially projects from many of you here.  I've got a ton in the works I can't wait to share with you all.

And if nothing else, I look forward to never having to hear on here how "this used to be better when it started out as an all military themed forum."  Whatever 1/6 madness you've got, bring it on.

http://reverendspooky.com

14discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:57 pm

dadrab

dadrab
ReverendSpooky wrote:... & whiskey.

You've got to try a bottle of this...if you haven't already.

Smooth as silk with a wonderful finish.

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Screen_Shot_2017-07-27_at_1.41.30_PM

15discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:17 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
dadrab wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:... & whiskey.

You've got to try a bottle of this...if you haven't already.

Smooth as silk with a wonderful finish.

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Screen_Shot_2017-07-27_at_1.41.30_PM

Then I will DEFINITELY keep an eye out for it. Just read a few tasting notes, and that sounds fantastic. Maybe I'll have to treat myself and pick up a bottle tonight...

16discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
HELL YEAH!

HARD liquor and 1:6 figures!

You can't get better than that.

Then again . . . naked women serving hard liquor and 1:6 figures!

BRING IT ON!

Wink

17discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Hi I am scalawag, also known as Paul.

I am 48, and live in Eastbourne East Sussex in the UK.  I was a CBT therapist for 25 years but retired 3 years ago due to ill health, so now I do paperwork for an Auto Motive engineer.

I have 40 od years of model making behind me, ranging from Model Railways to 120mm figures and of course 1/6 scale figures.

I got into 1/6 scale stuff from actually doing another hobby of mine, 1/16 scale RC tanks.  I saw 1/6 RC tanks at some of the events I went to with my smaller rc tanks and liked what I saw.  I didn't want to get into the RC side of it, but I did start collecting 1/6 figures.  To start with that was just modern military type figures, but then I also started to bash and collect WWII Deutches Afrika Korps figures and static vehicles.
I have also been a pretty much life long Star Wars fan and had my interest re ignited when I went to see Rogue One, so of course I now also have a growing collection of 1/6 Star Wars characters too.

Great to meet everyone here, and heres to the future Wink

18discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Scalawag. Nice to see more and more familiar “names” joining the fray.

19discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:06 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
DeltaForceChung wrote:HELL YEAH!

HARD liquor and 1:6 figures!

You can't get better than that.

Then again . . . naked women serving hard liquor and 1:6 figures!

BRING IT ON!

[smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/smiley]

Yeah, 1st day and I’m already getting whiskey suggestions. This may just be the superior forum....

Sent from Topic'it App

20discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:58 pm

ZombieKev

Hi All,

I've been in this hobby since seeing the the 21st Century Toys Armed Terrorist figure way back in the '90s. Not sure why it drew me, maybe something about how unusual it was for a figure back then. I think of myself primarily as a kitbasher and customizer, but the stupid amount of money I spend on MIB figures suggests I'm just kidding myself. I have a tendency to get excited about a custom project, spend lots of time planning it out, figuring out solutions, and hunting for the raw parts, then promptly lose interest once everything is ready to go. I guess I enjoy the creative part and the hunt more than the execution. Anyways, I'm into all sorts of figures, but primarily ones based on pop culture (movies, comics, sci-fi, etc) and modern military.

I hope this is the start of a successful and popular home for 1/6 on the web!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 37]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum