OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 Custom Male Head Sculpt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

vonacid

Hi folks,

im new to custom made head sculpts and realized that male sculpts creators in particular are harder to find.
I wish to make a few of my favorites like FFXV Noctis / Prompto and 2B 9S from Nier Automata but i cant find a custom maker.

Any seniors here can share with me on how i can find one? and experience you can share with me customizing would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks

Von

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello, and welcome aboard. We have a custom head sculptor here on the board: Peter the Painter. You can contact him through PM for rates, time frame, etc.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 Custom Male Head Sculpt  C8485110

vonacid

Stryker2011 wrote:Hello, and welcome aboard. We have a custom head sculptor here on the board: Peter the Painter. You can contact him through PM for rates, time frame, etc.

Oh thank you! ill reach out. If you know others, please let me know =)
Hows your experience with custom head sculpts so far?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, it varies. The quality of work from customizers is always exceptional, but it's up to you if the likeness is what you perceive it should be. I've seen sculpts by some of the "best in the business" that I personally didn't think looked all that much like the person they were supposed to be. The costs can vary from one sculptor to the next, and the amount of time it takes each one to complete their work. The cost of a custom sculpt also varies wildly -- Peter is one of the fastest and most reasonable head sculptors in the custom arena. Individual head sculptors can charge anywhere from $100 - 300 (USD) per head. Some of the sculptors paint the heads for you (additional cost generally), and some do not. All of this would have to be discussed with the sculptor before commission would begin. Again, if you reach out to Peter he can answer your questions and tell you what to expect as far as his service is concerned. Check out Shovelchop81's thread here for the quality of Peter's work (mods were done by Shovelchop himself):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t471-my-custom-13-dwarves-bilbo-from-the-hobbit-movie-wip-bombur-weapons-accessories

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just recently another artist who makes sixth-scale heads joined our community (Stryker may have overlooked this), and he also does a great job: sculpt4ever. Both Stryker and I own some of his work. I do not know if he accepts commissions, but it is probably worth checking with him. If you are planning on matching the head to a TBLeague body, you might also want to see if he can take this into account when painting it. Speaking of which, you would have the option to getting the head painted or unpainted.

vonacid

Thanks @Stryker2011. I’ve reached out to peter and unfortunately was told that he is not quite suited for this type of sculpting =(

@GubernatorFan I’ve reached out to sculpt4ever on his site too. Have emailed him via his website. Hopefully I’ll hear good news soon. Thanks a lot!

vonacid

GubernatorFan wrote:Just recently another artist who makes sixth-scale heads joined our community (Stryker may have overlooked this), and he also does a great job: sculpt4ever. Both Stryker and I own some of his work. I do not know if he accepts commissions, but it is probably worth checking with him. If you are planning on matching the head to a TBLeague body, you might also want to see if he can take this into account when painting it. Speaking of which, you would have the option to getting the head painted or unpainted.

unfortunately was told that he doesnt take commission and is fully booked...

Ran out of options again...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
vonacid wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Just recently another artist who makes sixth-scale heads joined our community (Stryker may have overlooked this), and he also does a great job: sculpt4ever. Both Stryker and I own some of his work. I do not know if he accepts commissions, but it is probably worth checking with him. If you are planning on matching the head to a TBLeague body, you might also want to see if he can take this into account when painting it. Speaking of which, you would have the option to getting the head painted or unpainted.

So sorry for your disappointment! Unfortunately, in this hobby, you will find that many 1/6 sculptors are often in quite high demand, so it is not unusual to have to wait many months, or even a year, on a waiting list for custom work and/or commissions. Which is not to say you should give up looking around, I'm sure you will find someone, it just might take some searching. : )

Now, if you have any reference pics of the characters you have in mind, someone here might even be able to point you to an existing headsculpt that could potentially work. Obviously, it might require a bit of modification (as such things generally do when using pre-existing heads to create custom figures), but perhaps it is worth a shot? : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Searching for a head sculptor can be a daunting task, indeed. There used to be a Customs section over at the Sideshow Freaks board, but it was completely removed. Even so, it was never easy to figure out who to contact for commission work. Very few people seem willing to reveal names or contact info, like somehow it's giving away the combination to a bank vault. The few that do custom work on commission are also likely to charge a great deal of money, and will only do something that they think they can make a bigger profit on by selling duplicates. A "one-off" is likely to cost around $500 USD to pay for the sculptor's time, materials, etc. I have a custom Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan head sculpt with real Yak hair that was part of a small group project (about 30 people if I remember correctly), and it cost $300. The likelihood of finding someone to do a one-off for under a $100 is going to be near impossible. Peter the Painter is really good at doing one-offs, but if he said it's not something he's capable of, you'll probably have to go the more expensive route -- if you can find someone, and they're even willing to do it (you have to take into consideration that the artist needs to have some interest in doing the project for them to spend the time on it, or do a good job).

As skywalkersaga pointed out, can you possibly find an existing head and make some modifications? Post pictures of what it is you're looking for in the "Please Help Me Find" thread, and perhaps someone can find something suitably acceptable. I know this is frustrating, but as much as the internet has helped connect the world, it still isn't perfect in finding that ONE thing you really need.

Also, when contacting a sculptor, you need to provide pictures from the front, sides and back of the character so they can make what you want. An illustration of just the front of the character's face or a 3/4 view is going to be useless to them. It's pretty hard to judge the shape of a face from just one picture.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very good points, Stryker.

I strongly suggest trying to see what's already out there ....you never know what you might find! Sometimes you can get lucky and find something that is almost precisely what you want, and just needs tweaking in some way.

Another option -- if you do not wish to do the modifications yourself and cannot find someone who is willing to create a headsculpt from scratch for you -- is to find an existing headsculpt that is the right size and shape and that fits onto the body that you want to use for the figure. Then, you could potentially commission a doll re-painter to repaint the face to how you want it to look. There are doll repainters who specialize in a variety of different styles, from highly stylized looks to more realistic, and there are indeed some who are willing to work in 1/6 scale. Some even do minor resculpting. If the figure has hair, you can also request that it be re-rooted and styled, as well.

Now, unfortunately this option can also end up being quite expensive (such commissions can run upwards of several hundreds of dollars, or more) and often requires waiting at least a couple of months for the finished piece, but I thought I would mention it as a possibility, in case it might give you wider pool of options to consider when searching for artists willing to do commissions.  : )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I just saw that one of your figures you listed was 2B from Neir Automata.... maybe you've already seen this one, but would this be something you're looking for? (I think there are other versions/variations out there as well...)

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 Custom Male Head Sculpt  S-l1600

Here's a link to it on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Super-Duck-SET015-NieR-Automata-YoRHa-2B-No-2-Type-B-with-S04B-Figure/352550361604?epid=2232828491&hash=item5215a39a04:g:nuQAAOSwLSZcHK5X:rk:1🇵🇫0

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, there’s been at least 4-5 variations of her (mostly different outfit combinations).

ravrohan

The nice thing about 2B being an android, she has the same face as A2 and the commander, just different hair between the three of them. Unfortunately, we have no 9S, and the red haired twins I think have a different face as well.

vonacid

skywalkersaga wrote:
vonacid wrote:

So sorry for your disappointment! Unfortunately, in this hobby, you will find that many 1/6 sculptors are often in quite high demand, so it is not unusual to have to wait many months, or even a year, on a waiting list for custom work and/or commissions. Which is not to say you should give up looking around, I'm sure you will find someone, it just might take some searching. : )

Now, if you have any reference pics of the characters you have in mind, someone here might even be able to point you to an existing headsculpt that could potentially work. Obviously, it might require a bit of modification (as such things generally do when using pre-existing heads to create custom figures), but perhaps it is worth a shot? : )

Thanks for the reply.

There is an official Square Enix Play Arts Kai one but it's not really well made. So i'm trying to customize one.
 TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 Custom Male Head Sculpt  Noctis10

I wonder how else i can do this...

vonacid

Stryker2011 wrote:Searching for a head sculptor can be a daunting task, indeed. There used to be a Customs section over at the Sideshow Freaks board, but it was completely removed. Even so, it was never easy to figure out who to contact for commission work. Very few people seem willing to reveal names or contact info, like somehow it's giving away the combination to a bank vault. The few that do custom work on commission are also likely to charge a great deal of money, and will only do something that they think they can make a bigger profit on by selling duplicates. A "one-off" is likely to cost around $500 USD to pay for the sculptor's time, materials, etc. I have a custom Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan head sculpt with real Yak hair that was part of a small group project (about 30 people if I remember correctly), and it cost $300. The likelihood of finding someone to do a one-off for under a $100 is going to be near impossible. Peter the Painter is really good at doing one-offs, but if he said it's not something he's capable of, you'll probably have to go the more expensive route -- if you can find someone, and they're even willing to do it (you have to take into consideration that the artist needs to have some interest in doing the project for them to spend the time on it, or do a good job).

As skywalkersaga pointed out, can you possibly find an existing head and make some modifications? Post pictures of what it is you're looking for in the "Please Help Me Find" thread, and perhaps someone can find something suitably acceptable. I know this is frustrating, but as much as the internet has helped connect the world, it still isn't perfect in finding that ONE thing you really need.

Also, when contacting a sculptor, you need to provide pictures from the front, sides and back of the character so they can make what you want. An illustration of just the front of the character's face or a 3/4 view is going to be useless to them. It's pretty hard to judge the shape of a face from just one picture.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, i always try to provide pictures with faces in different directions so that it's easier to see. For Final fantasy characters, Hair (esp men) have spikey hairstyles that makes it really hard... So i'm not sure how else i can mod the existing one.

Totally agree that it's really hard to find one that is willing to take single commission. sigh...

vonacid

skywalkersaga wrote:Very good points, Stryker.

I strongly suggest trying to see what's already out there ....you never know what you might find! Sometimes you can get lucky and find something that is almost precisely what you want, and just needs tweaking in some way.

Another option -- if you do not wish to do the modifications yourself and cannot find someone who is willing to create a headsculpt from scratch for you -- is to find an existing headsculpt that is the right size and shape and that fits onto the body that you want to use for the figure. Then, you could potentially commission a doll re-painter to repaint the face to how you want it to look. There are doll repainters who specialize in a variety of different styles, from highly stylized looks to more realistic, and there are indeed some who are willing to work in 1/6 scale. Some even do minor resculpting. If the figure has hair, you can also request that it be re-rooted and styled, as well.

Now, unfortunately this option can also end up being quite expensive (such commissions can run upwards of several hundreds of dollars, or more) and often requires waiting at least a couple of months for the finished piece, but I thought I would mention it as a possibility, in case it might give you wider pool of options to consider when searching for artists willing to do commissions.  : )

Oh! Re-painters sounds good. i totally forgotten about them. Do you happen to know any reliable ones?

vonacid

skywalkersaga wrote:I just saw that one of your figures you listed was 2B from Neir Automata.... maybe you've already seen this one, but would this be something you're looking for? (I think there are other versions/variations out there as well...)

Here's a link to it on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Super-Duck-SET015-NieR-Automata-YoRHa-2B-No-2-Type-B-with-S04B-Figure/352550361604?epid=2232828491&hash=item5215a39a04:g:nuQAAOSwLSZcHK5X:rk:1🇵🇫0

Oh yes! Sorry i didn't know why i said 2B because iv'e already pre-ordered one of 2Bs! What i'm really looking for is 9S. i can't find him anywhere! i've searched everywhere and most custom sets like that are mostly females T.T

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
vonacid wrote:

Oh yes! Sorry i didn't know why i said 2B because iv'e already pre-ordered one of 2Bs! What i'm really looking for is 9S. i can't find him anywhere! i've searched everywhere and most custom sets like that are mostly females T.T

Ah, gotcha, no worries!

And yes, there does seem to  be a lack of comparable male figure kits in the same style, which I can see would indeed be very frustrating.

That said, if you are looking for something to go along with the 'Super Duck' style head (the one on the above 2B) -- aka, more realistic than an actual anime figure head, but more stylized than a 'standard' 1/6 style head -- there may be some existing options for you. At the very least, there may indeed be a head out there you could use as a 'base' for customizing.

But first, you need to figure out the compatibility with the tbleague seamless body you would like to use. Most are *probably* compatible, but it's still good to double check.

A member of this board, ReverendSpooky, used a more stylized headsculpt on a tbleague body to bring to life one of his original characters in 1/6 form. You can find some of his excellent photos of 'Koda' here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1113-koda-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons?highlight=koda

The headsculpt he used on this character did not originally look exactly like that -- the original looked like THIS, so he painted it and also gave it that particular hair and hairstyle. While don't think Rev does commissions, I thought I would point you toward his work just as an example of what is possible to achieve using an existing headsculpt.

(There are also some existing male headsculpts that are of the more stylized/animated appearance used for Obitsu dolls, and these come completely bald and unpainted. [See HERE] But I did not recommend them straight away as I honestly cannot say as to whether or not they would work on a tbleague seamless body. Others might be able tell you, but I don't have experience with them.)

Regarding doll re-painters, there are MANY out there, with a wide range of styles. Some of the most well-known ones tend to focus moreso on fashion dolls (like Tonner or Fashion Royalty) and are highly sought after and expensive. But there are others who specialize in repainting action figures [example of repainter w/ reasonable rates], for instance. And some who specialize solely in re-rooting doll hair, and/or making doll wigs. It's almost impossible for me to recommend you one in particular because I don't know exactly what services you want, what style(s) you are aiming for, and how detailed you want your figures to be. Also, which artist you'd choose would depend greatly on your budget.

I suggest searching on somewhere like Etsy or even just on google for 'doll repaint service', 'doll face up service', 'action figure repainting', 'ooak repaints', 'custom ooak doll repaint', 'doll repaint commissions' , or some combination of the above. Sometimes doll artists include re-rooting or re-wigging in their prices, but you can also look up 'doll reroot service', '1/6 doll wigs', 'custom doll wigs', etc.

Since the 9s character has that sort of mask over his face, you'd have to decide if you want the mask to be removable, or not. If you didn't mind it being permanently affixed, then that would make a prospective paint job much more simple, and make it so you had to focus mostly on getting the costume and hairstyle right. It's completely up to you, but these are all things you can consider as you go along.

Hope some of this is helpful. : )

vonacid

skywalkersaga wrote:
Ah, gotcha, no worries!

And yes, there does seem to  be a lack of comparable male figure kits in the same style, which I can see would indeed be very frustrating.

That said, if you are looking for something to go along with the 'Super Duck' style head (the one on the above 2B) -- aka, more realistic than an actual anime figure head, but more stylized than a 'standard' 1/6 style head -- there may be some existing options for you. At the very least, there may indeed be a head out there you could use as a 'base' for customizing.

But first, you need to figure out the compatibility with the tbleague seamless body you would like to use. Most are *probably* compatible, but it's still good to double check.

A member of this board, ReverendSpooky, used a more stylized headsculpt on a tbleague body to bring to life one of his original characters in 1/6 form. You can find some of his excellent photos of 'Koda' here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1113-koda-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons?highlight=koda

The headsculpt he used on this character did not originally look exactly like that -- the original looked like THIS, so he painted it and also gave it that particular hair and hairstyle. While don't think Rev does commissions, I thought I would point you toward his work just as an example of what is possible to achieve using an existing headsculpt.

(There are also some existing male headsculpts that are of the more stylized/animated appearance used for Obitsu dolls, and these come completely bald and unpainted. [See HERE] But I did not recommend them straight away as I honestly cannot say as to whether or not they would work on a tbleague seamless body. Others might be able tell you, but I don't have experience with them.)

Regarding doll re-painters, there are MANY out there, with a wide range of styles. Some of the most well-known ones tend to focus moreso on fashion dolls (like Tonner or Fashion Royalty) and are highly sought after and expensive. But there are others who specialize in repainting action figures [example of repainter w/ reasonable rates], for instance. And some who specialize solely in re-rooting doll hair, and/or making doll wigs. It's almost impossible for me to recommend you one in particular because I don't know exactly what services you want, what style(s) you are aiming for, and how detailed you want your figures to be. Also, which artist you'd choose would depend greatly on your budget.

I suggest searching on somewhere like Etsy or even just on google for 'doll repaint service', 'doll face up service', 'action figure repainting', 'ooak repaints', 'custom ooak doll repaint', 'doll repaint commissions' , or some combination of the above. Sometimes doll artists include re-rooting or re-wigging in their prices, but you can also look up 'doll reroot service', '1/6 doll wigs', 'custom doll wigs', etc.

Since the 9s character has that sort of mask over his face, you'd have to decide if you want the mask to be removable, or not. If you didn't mind it being permanently affixed, then that would make a prospective paint job much more simple, and make it so you had to focus mostly on getting the costume and hairstyle right. It's completely up to you, but these are all things you can consider as you go along.

Hope some of this is helpful. : )

Hi buddy, thank you so much for the detailed sharing.

I have a number of question/s, maybe you'll be able to answer them.
1) How do we confirm or know if a head base can fit tbleague seamless body well (compatibility)?

I found a great repainter who does amazing female work but is not willing to take on my commission. This is not because she doesn't want to do it but she found it difficult to find a male head with a facial shape of Noctis & 9S (soft type head - for good quality paintwork) and she doesn't do hair rooting.
2) What's the difference between a soft/hard type head?
3) do u happen to know any hair rooting experts around? esp. someone who can do amazing spikey hair (Final fantasy characters all got ahem... super spikey hairstyles haha)

All in all, it's interesting to be doing all these but also a pain haha. i guess that's the fun of it as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

1. Any neckless head with a ball-joint socket should work. If the ball joint inside the head is too big, you might have to do a little modding to make it fit (I sometimes use a little blu-tac on the ball of the neck joint to make it tighter; some have used air-drying miliput on the ball joint). If the inner neck joint is too tight -- sometimes you can take the neck joint out, but generally I find if you take a Dremel you can widen even that inner rubber just enough to get the neck joint to slide right in.)

2. Are you referring to the difference between resin and vinyl? If you're talking about a "soft" head like a Barbie -- those are generally easier for someone to do a reroot as the entire head is hollow and they can easily get to the knots inside the head to cut out the existing head and "reroot" it. Most of the heads for 1/6 are not of this variety. They are either hard resin, or solid plastic of some sort. Many of the heads with "real" hair have a scalp piece attached to the back of the head that has the hair attached to it. TBLeague (when they were still Phicen) used to make their heads with a removable scalp piece -- now they glue that thing on with industrial grad adhesive, just like most of the manufacturers. A couple companies (like Kumik & Wondery, & occaionally Super Duck) still make the scalp piece removable. A removable scalp piece would be the easiest for someone to work with. I've used this lady in the past for a couple female head sculpts (not sure if she'd be able to mimic the type of hair you're looking for or not):

http://tsubasahome.com/rootingservice.htm

The bigger problem is finding a male head sculpt with a removable scalp that would work for what you want. More than likely, you will have to find someone who can do custom hair work: meaning you would send them the intended head you want to use and they would then have to glue the hair on one tiny bit at a time until they achieved what you are looking for (IF you can find someone who can do this -- it WILL NOT BE CHEAP -- I've been told this sort of process can cost as much as $300-500 dollars).

3. I don't know anyone (other than the lady above, and I doubt she'd be able to help you to be honest) who can do the kind of thing you're asking. There are a couple really decent YouTube videos I've seen by folks gluing hair onto a bald doll head; you might want to check those out, get a couple of cheap heads (they don't have to be bald to begin with -- you can shave that off with a Dremel -- and practice this technique yourself. I have to do this myself, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to do so).

Check out this forum for possible "sculptors" to help you (MAYBE you'll find one willing to take on commissions, and you can get the entire head -- with sculpted hair -- made); you'll have to register to navigate the site or see anything:

http://customonesixth.com/index.php

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
vonacid wrote:
Hi buddy, thank you so much for the detailed sharing.

I have a number of question/s, maybe you'll be able to answer them.
1) How do we confirm or know if a head base can fit tbleague seamless body well (compatibility)?

I found a great repainter who does amazing female work but is not willing to take on my commission. This is not because she doesn't want to do it but she found it difficult to find a male head with a facial shape of Noctis & 9S (soft type head - for good quality paintwork) and she doesn't do hair rooting.
2) What's the difference between a soft/hard type head?
3) do u happen to know any hair rooting experts around? esp. someone who can do amazing spikey hair (Final fantasy characters all got ahem... super spikey hairstyles haha)

All in all, it's interesting to be doing all these but also a pain haha. i guess that's the fun of it as well.

Hey there,

Stryker answered most of your questions, and unfortunately I don't have much more to add, as what I posted above is pretty much the extent of what I can specifically recommend for you.

But I will just clarify what I meant about head compatibility -- the socket is indeed important, and as Stryker mentioned, most neckless heads with space for a ball joint will work on tbleague neck. But the reason I mentioned 'compatibility' was moreso in case you were considering using doll head(s) for your projects(s). On the off-chance that you need  to go that route (if you are having trouble finding someone who will make you one from scratch,and if you are likewise not finding anyone willing to paint anything other than vinyl headsculpts), then it's best to make sure the head works with the tbleague body in terms of overall *scale*. Most heads that are made and sold specifically for the 1/6 market should be fine, but if you were needing to look at other heads (such as the Obitsu I was mentioning above, or something akin to it), then I just wanted to mention that it's a good idea to double check about scale, as you don't want to end up with either a 'bobblehead' (too big) or a 'pinhead' (too small) appearance.

And yes, it is true, 1/6 customization is not always (and almost never!) as straightforward as it might seem. Every time I start a new project I think I have it all figured out, but there's always something that I end up getting stuck on for a while and which takes some time to figure out (or acquire, if it's a literal missing 'piece'). But if one is passionate about bringing one's favourite characters to 'life', it's well worth it. Smile

vonacid

Stryker2011 wrote:
1.  Any neckless head with a ball-joint socket should work. If the ball joint inside the head is too big, you might have to do a little modding to make it fit (I sometimes use a little blu-tac on the ball of the neck joint to make it tighter; some have used air-drying miliput on the ball joint). If the inner neck joint is too tight -- sometimes you can take the neck joint out, but generally I find if you take a Dremel you can widen even that inner rubber just enough to get the neck joint to slide right in.)

2. Are you referring to the difference between resin and vinyl? If you're talking about a "soft" head like a Barbie -- those are generally easier for someone to do a reroot as the entire head is hollow and they can easily get to the knots inside the head to cut out the existing head and "reroot" it. Most of the heads for 1/6 are not of this variety. They are either hard resin, or solid plastic of some sort. Many of the heads with "real" hair have a scalp piece attached to the back of the head that has the hair attached to it. TBLeague (when they were still Phicen) used to make their heads with a removable scalp piece -- now they glue that thing on with industrial grad adhesive, just like most of the manufacturers. A couple companies (like Kumik & Wondery, & occaionally Super Duck) still make the scalp piece removable. A removable scalp piece would be the easiest for someone to work with. I've used this lady in the past for a couple female head sculpts (not sure if she'd be able to mimic the type of hair you're looking for or not):

http://tsubasahome.com/rootingservice.htm

The bigger problem is finding a male head sculpt with a removable scalp that would work for what you want. More than likely, you will have to find someone who can do custom hair work: meaning you would send them the intended head you want to use and they would then have to glue the hair on one tiny bit at a time until they achieved what you are looking for (IF you can find someone who can do this -- it WILL NOT BE CHEAP -- I've been told this sort of process can cost as much as $300-500 dollars).

3. I don't know anyone (other than the lady above, and I doubt she'd be able to help you to be honest) who can do the kind of thing you're asking. There are a couple really decent YouTube videos I've seen by folks gluing hair onto a bald doll head; you might want to check those out, get a couple of cheap heads (they don't have to be bald to begin with -- you can shave that off with a Dremel -- and practice this technique yourself. I have to do this myself, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to do so).

Check out this forum for possible "sculptors" to help you (MAYBE you'll find one willing to take on commissions, and you can get the entire head -- with sculpted hair -- made); you'll have to register to navigate the site or see anything:

http://customonesixth.com/index.php

Thank you! and just curious. with this type WhiteHead is it possible to paint it into suntan color? and do you happen to know what sizes of head will fit a body like M32?

ravrohan

I was looking at some head sculpts today, and it occurred to me, have you thought of taking some of the female heads and modifying them?

vonacid

Do you happen to find any female heads that have a face shape similar to Noctis or 9S? I have no problem using them but the painter(makeup) artist I found is pretty particular about the shape of the face. And somehow... I can’t quite see the dissimilarity in them. Found a close one but it’s white head and artist said that she can’t paint it suntan and was told that maybe it’s smaller than expected for M32  TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 Custom Male Head Sculpt  Cb99b710

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m not sure why someone would not be able to paint a head to match a skintone? I am not a professional doll repainter, but that seems rather odd.

Perhaps try that 'holy monk' head I mentioned earlier ( the one that ReverendSpooky modded to look like his character, Koda). I bet it could work for both of your male characters, even . Just a different paint job and different hair, etc. And at least with that one you know it would be the right size to work with a tbleague body. : )

The blank white head looks like it would work as well (shape-wise), but I’m just suggesting the other as a viable option , since it sounds like the artist you are using didn’t want to use a white head.... ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum