OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New bashing project & question about SPEAR ELCS harness

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PitViper

PitViper
I'm going to tackle a new major project - bashing the GRS operators from the movie 13 hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

My plan is to start with Rone, the character played by James Badge Dale.  He wears a SPEAR ELCS harness over his body armor similar to BBI's Raptor in tan, instead of Raptor's 3-color desert pattern.

kitbash - New bashing project & question about SPEAR ELCS harness Rone110

My question is whether this harness has ever been made in 1:6 scale, and if so where could I find it.

Any information will be helpful.  Thanks!

#custom #kitbash #modern #military #male

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
PitViper:

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/woodland-spear-elcs-kit-gear-set

https://echobasetoys.myshopify.com/search?q=elcs

PitViper

PitViper
Thanks DFC. It seems that this particular piece of gear has never been made in plain tan/khaki color. I'll probably have to settle for the desert camo one.

PitViper

PitViper
Actually, I may have a reasonable alternative: Easy & Simple's Marc Lee ELCS harness.  See picture below:

kitbash - New bashing project & question about SPEAR ELCS harness Marcle10

What do you all think?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks pretty promising.

dadrab

dadrab
The only other option that comes to mind is bleach and re-dye or paint.

5auce_bo55

Hey PitViper, I was looking though google images and clicked on this post on accident. I noticed that you are calling Rone's rig he wears over his pc a SPEAR ELCS (I have one irl). You are mistaken a little bit. I imagine that he could have worn one during the actual event, but in the movie, he is wearing one of these Condor Split-Front Ronin chest rigs (I have one irl too). A lot of the gear in that movie is cheaper stuff made to look cooler, so it makes sense why they'd go with a $40 chest rig instead of a $300 rare mil-surp chest rig.

The Condor chest rig in question

P.S. Yeah I know this post is years old and about mixing gear on action figures but I thought this might help.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hopefully he sees this. He and a lot of people in the Philippines are dealing with a lot of hardship since that last hurricane.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - New bashing project & question about SPEAR ELCS harness C8485110

PitViper

PitViper
5auce_bo55 wrote:Hey PitViper, I was looking though google images and clicked on this post on accident. I noticed that you are calling Rone's rig he wears over his pc a SPEAR ELCS (I have one irl). You are mistaken a little bit. I imagine that he could have worn one during the actual event, but in the movie, he is wearing one of these Condor Split-Front Ronin chest rigs (I have one irl too). A lot of the gear in that movie is cheaper stuff made to look cooler, so it makes sense why they'd go with a $40 chest rig instead of a $300 rare mil-surp chest rig.

The Condor chest rig in question

P.S. Yeah I know this post is years old and about mixing gear on action figures but I thought this might help.

5auce_bo55, really appreciate you looking into this post, specially since it is a few years old.

I completed a set of the operators from the movie using various headsculpts and gear that, although not a 100% exact (per the movie), reasonably good facsimiles. Had a ball bashing these figures back then, and they're still displayed in my collection.

Thanks so much for reminding me of better times.

Mark, also appreciate your kind thoughts. A minor issue though: I'm in Puerto Rico, a US Commonwealth in the Caribbean Sea. The Philippines are also hit by storms, but those are called typhoons in the Pacific Ocean. PR was hit by hurricane Fiona nearly a month ago, with major damage to the infrastructure, particularly the power grid. About 2% of the people are still without electricity...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry, PV. You’d think I could remember where you’re at, but sadly my memory isn’t what it used to be. My apologies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - New bashing project & question about SPEAR ELCS harness C8485110

PitViper

PitViper
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry, PV. You’d think I could remember where you’re at, but sadly my memory isn’t what it used to be. My apologies.

No need to apologize at all my dear friend. Just commenting to avoid any misunderstandings. Again, many thanks for your kind thoughts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum