OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: FeelWoToys: non-I am a 1/6 scene series - movable remote control lift

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shazzdan

An interesting product and beautifully photographed. Is this from a movie?

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

blackpool

Damn this is supa cool!!! My problem is I would need all the radio kings diorama to put around that elevator!!! F***** Very Happy

rollotomasi

Oh man that's perfect as AXIS CHEMICALS for '89 Batman versus Jack!
Or better yet, the STEEL MILL for T2 figures!
I can just imagine replacing the elevator with a vat of "molten steel" and lowering DX13 T800 (by remote control?)
while CGL John and HT Sarah looks on... Smile

ReverendSpooky

PureEnergy wrote:I concur, that custom Milla Jo had certainly caught my eye, as well...

ReverendSpooky wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, I'm hoping so bad.  If not, and anyone here gets it, fair warning.  I may just show up at their house with a box of figures and a camera.  Razz

Hmm, is that a threat or a bonus? Now I might have to get one just for that to happen. Wink

Brother, it's just HAPPENING.  You can decide how you feel about it when I get there.  I usually arrive with good whiskey, if that effects your decision. Razz

Hahaha!  Indeed, Spooks.

I must admit that, upon seeing this, I’d seriously wondered if you were behind it.  I actually looked for your name.  Even after not finding such, I waited for some sort of surprise reveal.  In other words, this is you...

However, understanding that, such is not a compliment to you so much as it is a compliment to the people who designed this (which is, I suppose, actually, also quite a compliment to you, LOL)...

But my point is this: You don’t need this item.  You’re capable - and something tells me that your inspiration here may well develop into something similar that puts this thing to shame.  

PS: I agree with Guv, and would flip the buck just to host you and your figures and keen camera eye...  

I’m a teetotaler, though - so you can save that ’64 Glenlivet single malt.   Wink

Don't worry PE, I think I probably drink enough for the both of us.  Wink

And man, I am flattered by the votes of confidence.  You've got a lot more faith in my skills than I have, but you just might get me to believe it.  I've been staring at it since yesterday, and trying to figure out how I'd pull it off.  

blackpool wrote:Damn this is supa cool!!! My problem is I would need all the radio kings diorama to put around that elevator!!! F***** Very Happy

Lol! You know, this thing would actually fit inside my current dio too...

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm sure you could do it, Reverend. But then to play Devil's Advocate:
How long would it take for you to make something like this? Would the amount of time, cost of materials, outweigh the cost of what they have already built here? And the cost of this piece? Would you be 100% satisfied that you pulled it off to this level? I know all of us would think you made something better -- but would YOU?

I know you're capable of pulling this off. It would be remarkable and have your own spin on it. Are you willing to invest that kind of time, money and resources into doing it? If the price on this works out to what it would cost for you to make on your own, would it be worth building instead of purchasing?

Again... I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, and I am in no way suggesting you buy this, or that you couldn't make one yourself. Me, personally, my ambition rarely matches my skill, and I am often woefully disappointed in the outcome because what I see in my head almost NEVER matches the result. It might make sense to see what this beast costs before delving into the possibility of "what if".

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Environment - NEW PRODUCT: FeelWoToys: non-I am a 1/6 scene series - movable remote control lift - Page 2 C8485110

JohnByng

This is incredible! I am a bit confused by the description:

Brand: Model

Product Name: Non-I am 1/6 Scene Series - Movable Remote Control Lift

Model: FW006

Size: L: 50CM
W: 50CM
H: 100CM

Structure: alloy frame

----------------------------------------------
MOSHU

Product name:1/6 Diorama Series"Movable Elevator"

ITEM: FW006

SIZE:
L: 50CM

Two slightly different descriptions (although dimensions are the same) and it looks like there is one Product Number: FW006 so I assume this is one item, not two?

There are soooo many possibilities here! I don't think I can get my hoplites into it but maybe I just need to design a time machine for it!

With a bit of work, it could do for a steampunk setting (not that I have any figures for that) or any kind of Zombies, gangsters, WWII, Dirty Harry, Vampires etc. etc. etc.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm sure you could do it, Reverend. But then to play Devil's Advocate:
How long would it take for you to make something like this? Would the amount of time, cost of materials, outweigh the cost of what they have already built here? And the cost of this piece? Would you be 100% satisfied that you pulled it off to this level? I know all of us would think you made something better -- but would YOU?

I know you're capable of pulling this off. It would be remarkable and have your own spin on it. Are you willing to invest that kind of time, money and resources into doing it? If the price on this works out to what it would cost for you to make on your own, would it be worth building instead of purchasing?

Again... I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, and I am in no way suggesting you buy this, or that you couldn't make one yourself. Me, personally, my ambition rarely matches my skill, and I am often woefully disappointed in the outcome because what I see in my head almost NEVER matches the result. It might make sense to see what this beast costs before delving into the possibility of "what if".

No, you're 100% right.  I have a friend who always points out that we don't do custom figures to save money, because they are almost NEVER cheaper, often coming in significantly more expensive than a boxed figure.  This piece would be HEAVY, so it'd need to be pretty structurally sound (that elevator needs to hold a phicen figure and they are weighty as hell!).  And it wouldn't just cost materials, but an investment in metal working tools that I definitely don't have.  I won't lie, I've come to take a lot of pride in the things I have that I can point to and say "I made that."  But this would be a pretty massive project, and take a ton of time.  I'm on baited breath to see what price this comes in at, because that will be what it all comes down to.  If it is brutal, I probably will start pricing what it would take to build, but it'd be a ways off on the horizon.  But yeah, mostly I just think this would make for some amazing photoshoots.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:This is incredible! I am a bit confused by the description:

MOSHU

SIZE:

Two slightly different descriptions (although dimensions are the same) and it looks like there is one Product Number: FW006 so I assume this is one item, not two?

I'm using Google Translate to get this info, John, so it's always a bit hit or miss. It's only one product -- the two description thing happens all the time for some reason (regardless of what it's for). I just copy and paste the text instead of trying to decipher what they mean. I'll leave that to others.

Environment - NEW PRODUCT: FeelWoToys: non-I am a 1/6 scene series - movable remote control lift - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, this is truly amazing. Peaches -- I can actually see this having a use in the Firefly-verse, perhaps as a stand-in for part of Serenity, even!

And Rev, there is indeed immense pride in having been able to make something, having challenged oneself and accomplished a seemingly impossible feat of (re-)creation. And in then having that unique piece that not only is one-of-a-kind, but that was also created by one's own hand. But there is, likewise, no shame in *not* making something oneself, either. We all have our limits, and I don't just mean technically, physically, or even financially. I've only been going at this for less than a year, but already I find myself getting pretty burnt out at times, and sometimes it's because I've spent ages on a project only for it to not turn out how I imagined. Or as good as I *know* it's possible for it to look. Some of that is due to perfectionism and being overly critical on myself, perhaps, but sometimes I can also recognize when I just don't have ability to make something. And it's not even necessarily due to a lack of skills, but rather a lack of willpower. Sometimes I realize that it's simply beyond my powers at that time and that I'd rather be investing my time and emotions in something I have a more realistic chance of completing to my satisfaction.

But anyhoo, not trying to discourage (or encourage) one way or the other, but just to say.... whether you end up purchasing this ready-made wonder, or creating one yourself, what will *truly* bring it to life will be your incredible characters, posing, photography, and overall amazing storytelling skills. Even a pre-made diorama would still be hella unique in your hands. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Wow I looked at this before going to bed and thought about how it can be recreated or how it could be integrated in an existing household.

Ended up dreaming how I changed the floors into streets and every piece of furniture into a modular industrial 1/6 house, putting grout and prints on them and glueing balconies and windows. The washing machine and drier became quite the tower.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I too initially thought it was one of Rev’s and couldn’t understand why Neo and Wonder Woman were there! XD

Honestly, I think the weathered paint job and posters etc make this look like a much more complicated build than it is.

Some MDF for the base, styrene sheets, tubing and strips for the balustrades and panelling, some mesh, screws and bits and pieces from the spares pile would probably do it! Getting the lift to actually ‘work’ is another matter of course, but a static one would work fine for photos.

I’d love to do more post apocalyptic stuff but I barely have space for the flat-pack dios I already have or I’d give something like this a go myself!

Regarding the weathering - I did this random rusty spaceship panel years ago as an experiment. It’s literally just the bashed up side of a cardboard box spray painted silver, with rust coloured acrylics sponged on and roughly wiped off again with a dry sponge. It’s super easy to overdo rust effects but I found this worked really well.

Environment - NEW PRODUCT: FeelWoToys: non-I am a 1/6 scene series - movable remote control lift - Page 2 5777603667_f1ddca88c1_zCorridor WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Environment - NEW PRODUCT: FeelWoToys: non-I am a 1/6 scene series - movable remote control lift - Page 2 5777609595_54c8d9f6ee_zCorridor WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your rusty spaceship wall looks great, Christine!

PureEnergy

ReverendSpooky wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm sure you could do it, Reverend. But then to play Devil's Advocate:

No, you're 100% right.  I have a friend who always points out that we don't do custom figures to save money, because they are almost NEVER cheaper, often coming in significantly more expensive than a boxed figure.  This piece would be HEAVY, so it'd need to be pretty structurally sound (that elevator needs to hold a phicen figure and they are weighty as hell!).  And it wouldn't just cost materials, but an investment in metal working tools that I definitely don't have.  I won't lie, I've come to take a lot of pride in the things I have that I can point to and say "I made that."  But this would be a pretty massive project, and take a ton of time.  I'm on baited breath to see what price this comes in at, because that will be what it all comes down to.  If it is brutal, I probably will start pricing what it would take to build, but it'd be a ways off on the horizon.  But yeah, mostly I just think this would make for some amazing photoshoots.

“Should I?  Should I not?  Should I? Should I not?”

Ambivalence is not so much about the vacillation - but rather, the stillness

Do it, Spooks!  

(And don’t listen to Stryker; he flatly admits that he advocates evil!)  Evil or Very Mad

Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
PureEnergy wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

“Should I?  Should I not?  Should I? Should I not?”

Ambivalence is not so much about the vacillation - but rather, the stillness

Do it, Spooks!  

(And don’t listen to Stryker; he flatly admits that he advocates evil!)  Evil or Very Mad

Wink

Oh Stryker may have a bit of the devil in him, but you're certainly the one advocating making work for my idle hands. Razz Twisted Evil

The real truth is, less time on a big project like this equals more individual figures and more time for photo shoots. It's a win all around.

PureEnergy

ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh Stryker may have a bit of the devil in him, but you're certainly the one advocating making work for my idle hands.  Razz Twisted Evil

The real truth is, less time on a big project like this equals more individual figures and more time for photo shoots.  It's a win all around.  

No...  Then I fear it may be too late...  

If your hands are idle, they’ve already become the Stryker’s playground…   Evil or Very Mad   

Actually, I’m that other dude on your other shoulder there...  [Insert "angelic" emoji here]

Seriously, though, I wouldn’t encourage just anyone to take on a DIY project this heavy, but everyone here already seems to see you well within this piece - which is to say that, stylistically, it’s already yours and you just haven’t built it yet.  

And yours will be much more detail-oriented and sophisticated in design - not to mention, specifically tailored to your own backstory and built around your own RK characters…

Also, it’s not really “work” if you’re playing, right?   Wink

Or, if you dare...  You can simply continue to dance - with the Stryker…

ravrohan

Depending on price, another thing to consider might be photo equipment. Buy the diorama, save time and upgrade your photoshoot equipment DIY style. Build the Diorama, buy the photoshoot equipment. OF course if yours is already where you want it, then its moot xD

I wish I had space for this, if there was one dio I bought, it would be this.

JohnByng

Stryker2011 wrote:
JohnByng wrote:This is incredible! I am a bit confused by the description:

MOSHU

SIZE:

I'm using Google Translate to get this info, John, so it's always a bit hit or miss. It's only one product -- the two description thing happens all the time for some reason (regardless of what it's for). I just copy and paste the text instead of trying to decipher what they mean. I'll leave that to others.

Mark, I wasn't criticizing you, I was just a bit perplexed. I wonder if they have the two descriptions in different Chinese dialects? That might explain the slightly different translations. Thanks for clarifying, I thought it might be one item but good to know for sure!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Mark, I wasn't criticizing you, I was just a bit perplexed. I wonder if they have the two descriptions in different Chinese dialects? That might explain the slightly different translations. Thanks for clarifying, I thought it might be one item but good to know for sure!

Oh, no worries. I didn’t think you were being critical.

You could be right. I wonder if one is in Cantonese and the other in Mandarin...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It's a great looking piece, if of course you have the room!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have yet to see this go up anywhere for PO, and the link to the product on their own site is dead (404 error). It’ll be a bummer if this doesn’t see the light of day.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
you know the more i look at this, the more i want it...its perfect for a theme i am secretly working on, i have some figures i going to make into criminals/arms dealers...and they will need a base.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I randomly stumbled across a couple of listings for this, here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-FW006-Diorama-Series-Movable-Remote-Control-Elevator/273698243039?hash=item3fb9afc1df:g:n68AAOSwnwpcYnSe

and here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOSHU-FW006-1-6-Diorama-Series-Movable-Remote-control-Elevator-Decoration/173793213698?hash=item2876e1fd02:g:xdMAAOSwdyVcZNu1

Those were the only ones I could find, and I haven't encountered it elsewhere.... though a couple of sellers have blacklisted/blocked me -- simply for complaining about the quality of certain products Rolling Eyes -- so I'm always paranoid I'm not seeing all the listings...  Crying or Very sad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve done business with both of those stores over the years. Never had a problem. That first one isn’t totally unreasonable, considering.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I've never had an issue with the seller from the first link myself either -- always been pretty helpful, in fact. I don't know if I've used the store from the second link...struggling to remember now, lol. But there were a couple of other stores -- maybe even run by the same person/people, I don't know -- who I guess didn't like me complaining that some items I had ordered looked extremely different from the photos in the listing. It was when I still pretty new and I wasn't necessarily aware of just HOW different 1/6 items could be from the 'promotional' materials. But it means there's probably stuff on ebay I can't see anymore... :/

I hope that anyone who might have been interested in this diorama is able to get ahold of one....though, likewise, I also hope that if anyone gets it, that it lives up to the expectations! : )

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
It does look really good. £360 shipped is good price too. I have it on my watch list already haha. But the diorama I need is the long gone Scale Store Ship one...with the gangways etc

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:It does look really good. £360 shipped is good price too. I have it on my watch list already haha. But the diorama I need is the long gone Scale Store Ship one...with the gangways etc

I’m not familiar with that one, myself. Any pics of it?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Well, my wallet is feeling a bit lighter, but I could no longer resist and finally just ordered this the other day. Expected to ship in June. Really excited for it to arrive and to start getting some photos with it. I think it's going to be perfect for a lot of stuff I want to do.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Well, my wallet is feeling a bit lighter, but I could no longer resist and finally just ordered this the other day.  Expected to ship in June.  Really excited for it to arrive and to start getting some photos with it.  I think it's going to be perfect for a lot of stuff I want to do.

I think it will work beautifully with what you've already built. We'll expect a ton of feedback about it from you! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Well, my wallet is feeling a bit lighter, but I could no longer resist and finally just ordered this the other day.  Expected to ship in June.  Really excited for it to arrive and to start getting some photos with it.  I think it's going to be perfect for a lot of stuff I want to do.

That's awesome, Rev. Looking forward to what you do with it. (Hope work has eased up for you finally).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum