OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, after about a year of gathering parts, and being inspired by ReverendSpooky, I finally managed to get my wife to help me put this figure together. My first attempt at a very "fantasy/exploitation" Post-Apocalyptic Female.

The parts are so numerous -- and there's plenty that I didn't use -- that I can't even tell you where most of them came from (ie, what figures or box sets).

The ones I do remember:
ACE Playgirl Series: Vietnam "Play Company": head sculpt & helmet
ThreeZero Michonne: boots and wool socks
Etsy: custom-made Teddy Bear (my nod to my favorite ReverendSpooky character Marrow)
Hot Toys: Luke Skywalker Episode IV binoculars
TBLeague: Painkiller Jane Bikini Top & Diorama Base
TBLeague body: S12D
Over/Ow/Watches: futuristic rifle -- some video game I believe -- all metal and VERY heavy
Hot Toys: Rey, the Force Awakens backpack
Panties & skirt -- Unbranded, eBay sellers
Wrist bands - "Leather Craft Lace" from Michael's

She's standing precariously on the base (and using the lower backpack to lean against the barrel), because the boots are wobbly as heck and she cannot stand without support.

Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2834
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2833
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2832

Here's a couple detailed pics:

Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2827
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2828
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2826
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2831
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2829
Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character _dsc2830

I haven't gotten around to "weathering" (my wife wasn't willing to help me with that), but I think she has everything she needs for a scavenging expedition. And, as you can see, she takes anything she finds either interesting, edible (it's assumed, aside from clothes, there is food in her packs, and medical supplies), liquid containers, and, of course anything she thinks she can use for a weapon (like a wrench and a golf glub). She also has a little "pick-me-up" -- something everyone would probably need (it's one of the things that all the Survivalists/Preppers agree would be one of the first things to go, and would be great for bartering -- alcohol).

Comments & criticism welcome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Post -a - My First Attempt At a Post-Apocalyptic Female Character C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man, Stryker, she's looking awesome!!!! Perfect blend of salvaged weapons and military gear, with a bit of madness like the teddy bear (which I love!) and the golf club.  I really dig the asymmetry of the stockings, straps, and armor, and so much great detail.  She has a ton of personality, and I think her and Marrow would get on quite well. Very Happy I think when you do get to the weathering it'll only bring her up another level. Too cool.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks perfect for what you are going for, but then again I am already biased in favor of that head sculpt. Smile Yes, weathering would add to realism, but you have the attitude and the seemingly haphazard assemblage of gear and outfit that is appropriate for these figures down perfectly, and your photos do a great job showcasing it. I think you just forgot to indicate the body version from TBLeague.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks much, fellas. And Rev, I can only bow to your expertise in this area; I am but a humble peasant compared to your work. And yes, the head sculpt is really nice. Just the right amount of pretty and serious.

And oh, yes. I did forget to mention the body. It's a S12D. (I'll add that info in the original post, too).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to say, she does look like a tall one, which would make her seem all the more menacing to anyone who dares cross her in the desert wastes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I was thinking of using one of the muscle bodies, but it was hard enough to get the skirt and panties over the thighs and buttocks of the 12D.

MerylAkiba

That gun is awesome! Like a hybrid sniper/nerf /super soaker rifle. I remember I saved up so much chore money for the Supersoaker 200. Is the golf club from the DreamEx Casey?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:That gun is awesome! Like a hybrid sniper/nerf /super soaker rifle. I remember I saved up so much chore money for the Supersoaker 200. Is the golf club from the DreamEx Casey?

I honestly don’t know where the golf club came from. Bought it and a golf ball loose off eBay.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work ! So many details. The golf club for close combat is Great ! Very Happy

By the way... like your new avatar. Is it a ewok pup ? Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She’s looking SO good, Stryker! I can definitely appreciate how long it must have taken to accumulate all that amazing gear. Love the base, it really enhances the effect. And the teddy bear is absolutely perfect! Of course, weathering would be the final touch , but honestly she already looks pretty convincing as she is.

I too have been searching for a golf club — as a prop for some (eventual) TWD characters, go figure, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Peaches

Peaches
That girl is awesome! I just got a female pilot with all kinds of stuff because I want to use her body and coveralls. Now I know I'll eventually have use for the rest of it, as you've inspired me! If nothing else, I could make reavers for my Firefly characters to hide from Smile

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very cool! Love post apocalyptic!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great Work ! So many details. The golf club for close combat is Great ! Very Happy

By the way... like your new avatar. Is it a ewok pup ? Wink

Thanks much, Ephi. Actually, it's a Pug wearing a Jabba the Hutt costume (appropriate considering what Leia's wearing). Wink

skywalkersaga wrote:She’s looking SO good, Stryker! I can definitely appreciate how long it must have taken to accumulate all that amazing gear. Love the base, it really enhances the effect. And the teddy bear is absolutely perfect! Of course, weathering would be the final touch , but honestly she already looks pretty convincing as she is.

I too have been searching for a golf club — as a prop for some (eventual) TWD characters, go figure, lol.

Thanks, young Jedi. The bear was an idea I stole from the amazingly talented ReverendSpooky. My idea behind it, as I assembled all the stuff, was that it belonged to her daughter -- who didn't survive, nor her husband. Crying or Very sad
As far as a golf club, just search the normal haunts (eBay, Aliexpress, Etsy) for one, and you may get lucky like I did. I always liked the idea of using a golf club to beat the tar out of someone after hearing George Carlin make a joke about using one as a motivational tool for lazy people. (Still makes me laugh).

Peaches wrote:That girl is awesome! I just got a female pilot with all kinds of stuff because I want to use her body and coveralls. Now I know I'll eventually have use for the rest of it, as you've inspired me! If nothing else, I could make reavers for my Firefly characters to hide from  Smile

Thanks, Peaches.

Reavers!!! Yes, that would be cool. One of my favorite lines from the show was when Zoe had to explain to Simon what the Reavers were the first time they are encountered; an eloquently creepy line, well delivered by Gina, and a great set-up for what was to come.

Pontiacivan wrote:Very cool! Love post apocalyptic!

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to seeing more of YOUR stuff with your cool robots.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
Thanks, young Jedi. The bear was an idea I stole from the amazingly talented ReverendSpooky. My idea behind it, as I assembled all the stuff, was that it belonged to her daughter -- who didn't survive, nor her husband. Crying or Very sad

So sad, but also so fitting! ;_;

Stryker2011 wrote:As far as a golf club, just search the normal haunts (eBay, Aliexpress, Etsy) for one, and you may get lucky like I did. I always liked the idea of using a golf club to beat the tar out of someone after hearing George Carlin make a joke about using one as a motivational tool for lazy people. (Still makes me laugh).

LMAO, that's great. And thank you, I have been looking, and as of this past week the pickings were slim. But I shall try again once the Chinese New Year is over, as right now a lot of things aren't showing up in search. I'm also on the lookout for a faux leather backpack/sack/satchel type thing, but resigning myself to probably having to construct the precise style I'm after. ;p

Again, a really great figure and I look forward to seeing more of her! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm also on the lookout for a faux leather backpack/sack/satchel type thing, but resigning myself to probably having to construct the precise style I'm after. ;p

If you're looking for something Star Warsian, I've seen Old Luke's (from Last Jedi) parted out. I was tempted to get that one myself, as it looks pretty cool, and has appropriately attached objects.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I too have been searching for a golf club — as a prop for some (eventual) TWD characters, go figure, lol.

To the best of my knowledge, two action figure sets came with a golf club: Blitzway's Fight Club (one of the two versions), and a DID (?) general (?) -- who even came with a rectangular faux grass platform to set him up golfing. I wish I could be more specific, but the details escape me.

Stryker2011 wrote:As far as a golf club, just search the normal haunts (eBay, Aliexpress, Etsy) for one, and you may get lucky like I did. I always liked the idea of using a golf club to beat the tar out of someone after hearing George Carlin make a joke about using one as a motivational tool for lazy people. (Still makes me laugh).

If memory serves, George Carlin also played a golf-wielding cardinal or archbishop in Dogma.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the tips, GF! Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man Stryker, the story behind the bear makes it all the better!  I think that shows what a difference a backstory makes in a character, and how it really does inform the details when you're doing a build like this.  So rad.

Also, for those looking for a golf club:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TD79-07-DreamEX-1-6th-Ninja-Turtles-Casey-Jones-Golf-w-stick/401470105450?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6c8ec587c92e40a7bf0a6fac51e58769%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D401470105450%26itm%3D401470105450&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A326eb246-2a56-11e9-a220-74dbd180e77e%7Cparentrq%3Ac4b6a71c1680aa48700b58eeffc7c1c3%7Ciid%3A1

It is from the Dream-EX Casey Jones.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh man Stryker, the story behind the bear makes it all the better!  I think that shows what a difference a backstory makes in a character, and how it really does inform the details when you're doing a build like this.  So rad.

Also, for those looking for a golf club:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TD79-07-DreamEX-1-6th-Ninja-Turtles-Casey-Jones-Golf-w-stick/401470105450?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6c8ec587c92e40a7bf0a6fac51e58769%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D401470105450%26itm%3D401470105450&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A326eb246-2a56-11e9-a220-74dbd180e77e%7Cparentrq%3Ac4b6a71c1680aa48700b58eeffc7c1c3%7Ciid%3A1

It is from the Dream-EX Casey Jones.

Yep. That looks like the one I bought.

Thanks for the compliment, Rev. And I agree, the more you think about where a character comes from, the more believable you can make them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the link, Rev!!

And I agree, the backstory made me go from 'what a cool looking character' to 'oh man I really feel for her and I'm rooting for her!' :')

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum