OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Configuration list:
-one(1) 1/6 simulation head carving
-one(1) Movable entity
-six(6) Pieces of Interchangeable Palms
Costumes:
-one(1) Red jacket
-one(1) Chain armor
-one(1) Brown pants
-one(1) Red cloak
-one(1) Red scarf
-one(1) Red shawl
-one(2) Brown wristband
-one(1) belt
-one(1) Shoes
-one(1) helmet(metal)
-one(1) Chest medal
Accessory:
-one(1) Long sword(metal)
-one(1) dagger(metal)
-one(1) Shield
-one(1) Rattan stick
-one(1) Round platform

ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12275810
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280010
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280110
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280210
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280211
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280310
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280410
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280510
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12280610
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12331110
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12331410
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12331510
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12331710
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12331910
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12332110
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12332310
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12332510
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12332610
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12332810
ImperialArmy - NEW PRODUCT: HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Centurion Action Figure 12333010

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #ImperialArmy #RomanCenturion #historical #military #male

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If they maintain the quality in the actual product, this would look great. I do have some doubts as to the veracity a few pieces of the armament, especially the shield.

JohnByng

Yes, the shield is distinctly odd! Given the way the Imperial Roman's fought and the importance of the rectangular scutum it is highly unlikely a Centurion would have a small round scutum. The hinges and cheek pieces on the helmet look a tad overscale but he is a nice looking figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Yes, the shield is distinctly odd! Given the way the Imperial Roman's fought and the importance of the rectangular scutum it is highly unlikely a Centurion would have a small round scutum. The hinges and cheek pieces on the helmet look a tad overscale but he is a nice looking figure.

Well, centurions has odd equipment (like sometimes grieves, generally abandoned by this time), and the relatively small circular shield is not what we associate with Roman troops generally. But it did exist. I was wondering about the sculpted elements -- there is a theory that apart from the shield boss, everything on the shield's face would have been painted, which would in turn help glance off blows at the shield.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The only decent part of this is the shoes.

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:
JohnByng wrote:Yes, the shield is distinctly odd! Given the way the Imperial Roman's fought and the importance of the rectangular scutum it is highly unlikely a Centurion would have a small round scutum. The hinges and cheek pieces on the helmet look a tad overscale but he is a nice looking figure.

Well, centurions has odd equipment (like sometimes grieves, generally abandoned by this time), and the relatively small circular shield is not what we associate with Roman troops generally. But it did exist. I was wondering about the sculpted elements -- there is a theory that apart from the shield boss, everything on the shield's face would have been painted, which would in turn help glance off blows at the shield.

That is true, but would a Centurion carry such a shield? I assumed that given the size and shape of the rectangular shield, the small round one would make the Centurion vulnerable and hence the whole rank of which he was part?

shazzdan

shazzdan
No Roman soldier wore any kind of wrist bracer. The shield is wrong. The greaves are wrong. The mail armour is the right style but way too short. Mail was never worn with pteruges. Only cavalry wore pants. The cloak looks off but I'm not sure why. The helmet is off but I'd need to see more angles to list the reasons why. The gladius is too narrow. I like the caligae shoes and the phalera harness. The vine stick is a nice touch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum