OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Clone Commander Cody, also known as unit 2224, was a loyal clone trooper serving the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Cody was often under the command of General Obi-Wan Kenobi, leading Ghost Squadron, and served with him and Anakin Skywalker at Geonosis, Christophsis and during a nearly disastrous campaign on Cato Neimoidia.

Cody developed a close and easygoing camaraderie with Kenobi, easily exchanging dry jokes with his Jedi General. This continued through to their mission to Utapau, to route out the entrenched Separatists forces commanded by General Grievous.

Cody was ultimately subservient to the orders of the Republic, and when Order 66 was enacted -- branding Kenobi an enemy of the state -- Cody willingly carried out the command to open fire on his former friend.

Today Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce the 1/6th scale Commander Cody collectible figure from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith for Star Wars fans!

Skillfully created based on the appearance of Clone Commander Cody in the movie, the 1/6th scale collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with amazing likeness, a meticulously crafted Clone Trooper armor and helmet with weathering effects, different styles of blasters, interchangeable right arm with LED light-up hologram projector, a jetpack, a variety of miniature hologram figures, and a sand-themed figure base.

Lead your Clone Trooper army with Commander Cody in your Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS524
PRODUCT NAMECOMMANDER CODY
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA LED LIGHT-UP HOLOGRAM PROJECTOR, MULTIPLE MINIATURE HOLOGRAM FIGURES, A MAGNETICALLY-ATTACHED JETPACK,
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY VIVA LAI
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Commander Cody Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Temuera Morrison as Commander Cody in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles, and skin texture
- One (1) newly developed interchangeable Commander Cody helmet with mechanical details and weathering effects
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding gun
- One (1) relaxed left hand
- One (1) opened right hand
- Three (3) gesture hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) newly crafted Commander Cody armor with distinctive orange details and weathering effects
- One (1) detachable accessory on right arm armor
- One (1) black colored under-suit
- One (1) orange and grey colored belt
- One (1) pair of white colored boots with weathering effects

Weapons:
- One (1) rifle
- One (1) blaster rifle
- Two (2) pistols

Accessories:
- One (1) LED light-up hologram projector (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) magnetically-attached jetpack
- One (1) hologram figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- One (1) hologram figure of Airborne Trooper
- One (1) hologram figure of Yoda
- One (1) hologram figure of Darth Sidious
- A sand-themed figure stand with Commander Cody nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Viva Lai
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2020

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1403
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2196
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3167
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4153
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5149
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6145
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7141
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8133
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9131
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10123
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11125
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12110
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13102
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1486
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1577
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1677
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1769
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1863
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1956
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2051
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2197
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2242
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2338
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2436
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2532
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2630
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2724
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2821

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #RevengeoftheSith #Commander Cody #Sci-Fi #male #movie #CloneTrooper

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looks good, but, HS aside, just how much better is he than the SSC version? You could almost get the head from this, put it on the SSC and nobody would know.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks quite good, especially the head sculpt. I hope they retain this quality in the actual product, although I have no interest in acquiring this figure myself. The armor and especially its weathering seem a tad cartoonish to me, and I can't tell whether that is the fault of HT or of Lucasfilm's original design.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:The armor and especially its weathering seem a tad cartoonish to me, and I can't tell whether that is the fault of HT or of Lucasfilm's original design.

That’s kind of what I thought. Not a fan of the color scheme, either. I honestly don’t remember much about these movies, but I do like that head sculpt. Maybe there will be a knock off at some point...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
This is a very nice figure, but my interest in the prequel trilogy or the Clone Wars cartoons is not enough for me to want to buy this.

I wonder if the cartoon like look of the weathering is related to the character being in the Clone Wars cartoons, or maybe even that no real sets of this armour were produced for the films, it was all CGI.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OMG!!! a Hot Toys Clone figure!!! Can I hope they will do others?? a Captain Rex perhaps?? Or a Commander Wolffe? I'd die of happiness!

The original Sideshow 'Star Wars Militaries' line of Clones are so far out of my price range these days it's ridiculous. So a Hot Toys version would, crazily enough, be more affordable for me in comparison...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:OMG!!! a Hot Toys Clone figure!!! Can I hope they will do others?? a Captain Rex perhaps?? Or a Commander Wolffe? I'd die of happiness!

The original Sideshow 'Star Wars Militaries' line of Clones are so far out of my price range these days it's ridiculous. So a Hot Toys version would, crazily enough, be more affordable in comparison...

It wouldn’t surprise me if they did. HT loves their Troopers. Sideshow did one, but the aftermarket prices are ridiculous.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The current prices of those Sideshow Clones ARE ridiculous. I'd love to have some of my favourite Clone Trooper/Commander characters in 1/6 scale, espcially as, imo, no 'Clone Wars' collection in any scale is complete without some! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The current prices of those Sideshow Clones ARE ridiculous. I'd love to have some of my favourite Clone Trooper/Commander characters in 1/6 scale, espcially as, imo, no 'Clone Wars' collection in any scale is complete without some! Smile

Is this one on your list? I think the head sculpt on this one is excellent — but I’d hold off on POing until production pics start showing up; their Bowzman/Black Panther sculpt looked great in Prototype, but the production piece is unrecognizable — serious letdown.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Very impressive head sculpt! I'm not into SW so... slap on a beanie for a nice Thomas Curry bash! (Aquaman's father in the movie...)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm undecided yet. For something like this, since Cody is not a character I collect specifically at this time -- due to budgetary constraints more than anything else -- I would be more inclined to pick up the headsculpt loose at some point, or a knock-off of it, to use for a custom Clone character. With a repaint he could work for a member of the 501st. One of the benefits of them all having the same face, lol!

That said, if he turns out really well, I might be tempted. Especially if they make a Captain Rex as well , or if Sideshow revisits Rex or something, as then I could display them together . Or if I ALSO decide to break down and get the Hot Toys RotS Obi-Wan, which I am likewise still vascillating over.... Razz

Ovy

Ovy
WOW at that Lightsaber handing scene, looks better than a real filmstill. I like the clones, but never bought one. One of the first disposable CGI-Armies with character. I don't think I will get this one, but he looks great.

scalawag wrote:This is a very nice figure, but my interest in the prequel trilogy or the Clone Wars cartoons is not enough for me to want to buy this.

I wonder if the cartoon like look of the weathering is related to the character being in the Clone Wars cartoons, or maybe even that no real sets of this armour were produced for the films, it was all CGI.

Paul
That's what I thougt, all the Clone Armors were CGI!  Shocked  

Is this an optical illusion or do the burn marks on the breastplate look very badly printed on?

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2338

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I noticed that too. It is either a bit pixelated or the surface is textured. Maybe it's a carbon smudge and this is how it should be? Smile

MerylAkiba

I have the Sideshow Sandtrooper (white Shoulder version) and it has the digital print grime as well. Also, my sideshow coruscant clone trooper has digital print smudges too. From far away, I don't notice it that much.

Cody's black suit underneath looks phenomenal! I am definitely going to get this and the airborne version when available. I missed out on the Sideshow versions due to GKs and flipper prices charging $400. Since this one is coming, I'm noticing sideshow version prices on eBay dropping.

I wish HotToys or Sideshow will also make the Bad Batch and or the Republic Commandos

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
MerylAkiba wrote:

Cody's black suit underneath looks phenomenal! I am definitely going to get this and the airborne version when available. I missed out on the Sideshow versions due to GKs and flipper prices charging $400. Since this one is coming, I'm noticing sideshow version prices on eBay dropping.

I wish HotToys or Sideshow will also make the Bad Batch and or the Republic Commandos

Ooooh, glad to hear the Sideshow prices are dropping. Those were just ridiculous. In the UK and Europe some of those 'Militaries' boxed sets were going for nearly 800 GBP. o.O I've always wanted some Clone Troopers/Commanders in 1/6 scale, but the prices of the Sideshow ones have made them out of my reach....hopefully that might change, now!

I too am impressed by the black suit underneath -- very detailed! I don't mind the overly precise smudges....i can just pretend that's the kind of marks the the droid army's blasters leave behind. Razz

And the more Clones and Clone Wars-era figures, the merrier, I say! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Came back to check on this thread cause I wasn't sure when this figure was expected to be released -- I feel like it's been up for PO for ages now. 

I'm really torn over this one -- my current SW collection is supposed to be Clone Wars-focused, and yet much to my frustration I still don't have any Clone troopers or commanders in 1/6 scale. Mainly because the costs of the Sideshow versions are just completely out of my range. Also, the Clone figure I want more than any of them is Captain Rex, and he is probably the most sought-after Clone figure, and thus is rare/hard to find and/or super expensive these days. So, it could be that Cody might be my only real chance to own a nice Phase II Clone Commander. He would at least be able to go well next to my RotS Obi-Wan. But then my dilemma is the fact that I would still have no Rex! And Rex is the one I really want.  Also, if I got a HT Cody, then even if I miraculously was able to afford a Sideshow Rex someday, they wouldn't match in size and style, etc. And Clones have to match, cause well...they're Clones! ;p  I'm thinking I would potentially have to kitbash Rex in order to get him in HT style. Which sucks cause I am not good at doing these kinds of armoured figure customs. Too many technical details and also it gets expensive, fast. But I'd be willing to do it if that's the only way I could have him in my collection. I just feel frustrated having a collection based on the Clone Wars animated series without having one of the main Clone characters...who also happens to be one of my faves, sigh!  So, if I do want one or both of them, I'll have to decide soon as to whether I'll PO the Cody or not, since I don't want to be left having to kitbash BOTH Rex AND Cody out of spare parts, lol. 

ETA: Adding some images for reference: 

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr11
Sideshow Phase II Captain Rex 

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr11
Generals Skywalker and Kenobi w/ Captain Rex and Commander Cody

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tumblr10
TCW Commander Cody and Captain Rex 

Does anyone know if HT are doing any 'generic' 501st Clones? Aka, the ones with the blue stripes on their armour under Anakin's command? If so, it would make my decision a lot easier... 

I don't really have much purpose in posting this ramble, other than just to vent my frustration over this silly dilemma of mine. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There hasn’t been any word on generic clones (or this guy for that matter).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, good to know. I vaguely recall some ‘generic’ 212th or maybe Utapau Clone troopers being at SDCC last year (unless I was imagining them, lol), but I suppose it will be a while for those.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, they showed a few things there that haven’t gone up for P.O. yet. Not sure what the delay is (they can’t blame the coronavirus for everything). Some items have been on hold seemingly forever — Gamora 2.0, Drax 2.0...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
One of the (many) frustrating things about Hot Toys.... waiting indefinite periods for long-ago teased figures. ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum