OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
There hasn’t been any word on generic clones (or this guy for that matter).

skywalkersaga

Thanks, good to know. I vaguely recall some ‘generic’ 212th or maybe Utapau Clone troopers being at SDCC last year (unless I was imagining them, lol), but I suppose it will be a while for those.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yeah, they showed a few things there that haven’t gone up for P.O. yet. Not sure what the delay is (they can’t blame the coronavirus for everything). Some items have been on hold seemingly forever — Gamora 2.0, Drax 2.0...

skywalkersaga

One of the (many) frustrating things about Hot Toys.... waiting indefinite periods for long-ago teased figures. ;p

JohnByng

Oh no! Hot Toys must have a drone watching me; they know I am a sucker for any Star Wars armoured figures!

Please Obi Wan Kenobi... you're my only hope of saving my wallet!

I really hope they do not squeeze the blood from my veins on these figures. I need all the various armours, helmets etc.

Isn't "need" a strange thing? Before I saw these I had no idea they were essential to my future! Smile

I'm off to buy a complete do it yourself alchemy kit.

Ovy

Ovy
If you think about it, there are probably more Luke/Leia/Han heads out there, although there are millions of characters in SW looking like Morrison/Jango/Clone. 

I remember when I saw 'Hevy and Fiver' (or how they were called) some years ago before I started that hobby and thought: Wow they look awesome. But 300€ for two Figures! That's a lot!

Now they are a bit higher I think.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think that particular Sideshow 501st Clones set is ‘Echo and Fives’, and yes, it’s now going for about 500 gbp. 😩😭

ETA: link to listing here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sideshow-Militaries-of-Star-Wars-Echo-Fives-501st-Clone-Trooper-1-6-Set/133204257977?hash=item1f0397acb9:g:DZMAAOSwIG1dJ2if

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ho-ly crap....the Sideshow phase II Captain Rex is currently going for 800 GBP and higher on ebay. Just a year or so ago it was 'only' £400.... Shocked

So, looks like my chances of ever scoring an official Rex are slim to none. Sad  Makes me more likely to go for the HT-style Clone Troopers/Commanders, in that case. I'm dubious as to whether Hot Toys would actually ever make a Rex, seeing as he's not from the main films but rather the animated series, but at least I could have the potential of someday doing a custom version of him that would match the HT figures....

JohnByng

skywalkersaga wrote:Ho-ly crap....the Sideshow phase II Captain Rex is currently going for 800 GBP and higher on ebay. Just a year or so ago it was 'only' £400.... Shocked

So, looks like my chances of ever scoring an official Rex are slim to none. Sad  Makes me more likely to go for the HT-style Clone Troopers/Commanders, in that case. I'm dubious as to whether Hot Toys would actually ever make a Rex, seeing as he's not from the main films but rather the animated series, but at least I could have the potential of someday doing a custom version of him that would match the HT figures....

I imagine it depends how much of the armour is common between characters. Once they have made the moulds they can probably use them to replicate various figures with a slight variation. I doubt HT are planning to do only one or two clones. They do so many kinds of stormtroopers even though the differences in the armour are not that great.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
JohnByng wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Ho-ly crap....the Sideshow phase II Captain Rex is currently going for 800 GBP and higher on ebay. Just a year or so ago it was 'only' £400.... Shocked

I imagine it depends how much of the armour is common between characters. Once they have made the moulds they can probably use them to replicate various figures with a slight variation. I doubt HT are planning to do only one or two clones. They do so many kinds of stormtroopers even though the differences in the armour are not that great.

Yes, I do agree that they will probably do other Clones eventually, and I think there was another one [perhaps the one shown in the prototype photos behind Cody in the above pics?] teased at last year's SDCC. My hope is that they will eventually make some 501st troopers, since that would be the logical thing to go with their existing RotS Anakin figure. In that case, I could definitely use at least some of the armour on those to make a custom Captain Rex. I even recently found a custom Rex shoulder armour/pauldron someone was selling on ebay, which would go a long way toward helping replicate his look. The only thing for Rex that would be difficult to do, custom-wise, is his phase II helmet -- it is VERY distinctive in that it has the general shape of the other standard Phase II Clone helmets, but the visor/eye area on his helmet looks more akin to the Phase I visors.

Here's a pic of the Sideshow Phase II Rex [centre], flanked by Sideshow Phase II Echo and Fives. All of them are from the 501st. You can see how Rex's helmet compares to theirs:

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Tumblr13

And another pic, this time including two 'generic' Sideshow 501st Clones as well:

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 Tumblr14

It's not an impossible custom, I suppose, but one that's just rather beyond my skill-set at this time, lol. Hopefully someday, though! :')

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This figure was a bit delayed due to the pandemic, but I just finally got the notice that mine has shipped! bounce  

Now to be hit any minute with an exorbitant customs fee... Rolling Eyes Razz

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm undecided yet. For something like this, since Cody is not a character I collect specifically at this time -- due to budgetary constraints more than anything else -- I would be more inclined to pick up the headsculpt loose at some point, or a knock-off of it, to use for a custom Clone character. With a repaint he could work for a member of the 501st. One of the benefits of them all having the same face, lol!

That said, if he turns out really well, I might be tempted. Especially if they make a Captain Rex as well , or if Sideshow revisits Rex or something, as then I could display them together . Or if I ALSO decide to break down and get the Hot Toys RotS Obi-Wan, which I am likewise still vascillating over.... Razz

Between him and Jango fett, I believe we should see some knock off versions and variants of mr Morrison pretty soon (not to mention he's starring in the Mandalorian as Boba fett!!!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's great news, Sky. I was starting to think you no longer liked Star Wars. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:That's great news, Sky. I was starting to think you no longer liked Star Wars. Wink

LOL, aww, of course I do.... I've just had a very busy and stressful year (who hasn't, eh?), especially the last couple of months, and I've hardly had any free time or energy to devote to my SW projects. Sad  I've also been taking internet breaks here and there for mental health reasons. So, apologies if I've been a bit out of it. ;p

Maybe Cody's imminent arrival will motivate me to finally finish a few of my Clone Wars figures...Razz

And blackpool -- as you can see, I ended up caving and PO'ing the Cody in the end. I also PO'd and am eagerly awaitng Captain Rex: Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2878-new-product-hot-toys-star-wars-the-clone-wars-captain-rex-1-6th-scale-collectible-figure

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, I had spoken a little too soon. Still hasn't arrived yet -- scheduled to do so tomorrow!  bounce  

Of course, I just got hit by the usual hefty customs fees (eek). This reminded me that I keep meaning to ask about alternative sources for PO'ing Hot Toys figures from the UK. Sideshow prices seem fine until you factor in the shipping AND customs/taxes for the UK. It really sucks to have to pay nearly £100 extra for already overpriced HT figures.

I realize this is just part of the hobby at the moment, and why a lot of people are getting priced out of HT stuff, but I am wondering if anyone knows of other sources for pre-ordering that either have less expensive shipping, or that at least factor some of that into the price so you're not hit with it at the end. Again, I realize that being in the UK means that expensive shipping and customs is just how it is, but any input would be helpful.

(Note: I *have* used Planet Action Figures, a UK-based vendor, in the past. They offer free shipping and factor in all the customs for you, which is great. However, I stopped using them a while ago because their payment plan method was stressing me out since they don't accept PayPal, only credit cards.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yay, he finally arrived!!! cheers

I don't have the time or space at the moment to take photos or do an unboxing video, but here's a YouTube review that shows off the absolutely stunning Temuera Morrison headsculpt:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations! Looks like an excellent iteration of the character. So does Qui-Gon -- are you going for him too?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, GF! I’m looking forward to properly unboxing him. :’)

As for Qui-Gon, I was very torn on that one since he’s a top fave SW character, but I didn’t at the time (and still don’t) have any other 1/6 figures from TPM to go with him. Since my niche Prequels focus is Clone Wars-era, I have been trying to go more for the AotC/RotS figures that can double as TCW figures.

No doubt I’ll prob regret passing on Qui-Gon, but at the time he was up for PO I made the decision based on my collection focus and budget reasons. I appreciate the reminder that he’s out though, as I might try to pick up some parts ... :3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I realize that with the question of price and space, one has to make decisions like this, however difficult. For the most part I do the same, sticking to Original Trilogy with some very minor exceptions. Similarly, I try (especially now that I don't have a steady job) to be selective as to what sets from other franchises I pick up. And I ought to exercise more restraint with parted-out parts, too. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Have you considered ordering from Hong Kong/Asian sellers, sky? You might have better luck with customs issue using one of them. (Like OSK for example? -- I know he usually factors shipping into his costs, but I'm not sure how he declares the value; you could always contact him to find out).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:Ok, I had spoken a little too soon. Still hasn't arrived yet -- scheduled to do so tomorrow!  bounce  

Of course, I just got hit by the usual hefty customs fees (eek). This reminded me that I keep meaning to ask about alternative sources for PO'ing Hot Toys figures from the UK. Sideshow prices seem fine until you factor in the shipping AND customs/taxes for the UK. It really sucks to have to pay nearly £100 extra for already overpriced HT figures.

I realize this is just part of the hobby at the moment, and why a lot of people are getting priced out of HT stuff, but I am wondering if anyone knows of other sources for pre-ordering that either have less expensive shipping, or that at least factor some of that into the price so you're not hit with it at the end. Again, I realize that being in the UK means that expensive shipping and customs is just how it is, but any input would be helpful.

(Note: I *have* used Planet Action Figures, a UK-based vendor, in the past. They offer free shipping and factor in all the customs for you, which is great. However, I stopped using them a while ago because their payment plan method was stressing me out since they don't accept PayPal, only credit cards.)

OSK offers preorders on hot toys and has shipping included in price (you pay a deposit). I haven't ordered HT from them, but other figures and havent been hit with customs, I think he marks them at a lower value. The only downside is he always has a window for preorders and cut off dates. Toysbuyingagent is another seller (timcent on ebay). He has a website that also has preorders and current figures. I'm not sure how customs are with him, I have an endgame cap marvel preordered there, but many people I've read have had smooth transactions. (shipping is incl in his prices as well and there are instant coupons you can use on main site). He also has a bunch of current marvel figures that have been heavily discounted atm. (i think Marvel interest in Asia took a deep dive). Star wars unfortunately has increased interest due to mandalorian so all those figures are rising in prices in Asia.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:I realize that with the question of price and space, one has to make decisions like this, however difficult. For the most part I do the same, sticking to Original Trilogy with some very minor exceptions. Similarly, I try (especially now that I don't have a steady job) to be selective as to what sets from other franchises I pick up. And I ought to exercise more restraint with parted-out parts, too. Smile

Indeed, I feel you. There are a lot of really nice figures I'd like to have if I had unlimited funds, but obviously one has to draw a line somewhere. Originally I didn't even intend to collect HT figures at all -- I was going to just stick to the HT Anakin and the (eventual??) HT Padme and then just fill in the rest of the characters I wanted with my own customs. But then they started making more Prequels (and now Clone Wars) figures, and welp... here I am. ;p

But yeah... the issue with the Qui-Gon was that if I'd gotten him, then I'd have opened a whole other can of worms with needing to collect and/or create figures to go with him. I just... didn't want to go down that route when I still was in the middle of all the Clone Wars stuff. Though a while back I did find a blank, unpainted custom Qui-Gon headsculpt, and I picked it up just to have it around as back up in case I decide someday to make my own version of him.

And with the parted-out stuff... eek, yeah. I learned my lesson with the ANH Vader kitbash that it's often more trouble than its worth. I did pick up the HT RotJ Leia headsculpt, but that's because I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do with it, and it won't require any other loose HT parts, so it wasn't nearly such an expensive venture as kitbashing HT parts often ends up being...

Stryker and csyeung -- thank you both for the rec, I'll definitely check out OSK for HT pre-orders in future!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Resurrecting a very old thread to note that I have a HT Commander Cody figure available if anyone is interested. For those in the UK, I'd even be happy to do free shipping.

Only putting it up for sale due to financial reasons.....

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great looking figure!
When it comes to figures and Star Wars, i am trying to keep my collection small, as i like so much more outside the Star Wars universe. I would like to add a Vader to the line-up, and a C-3PO Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That makes sense, can't get more iconic than those! Very Happy

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:That makes sense, can't get more iconic than those! Very Happy

..and to add to that, my R2-D2 from Sideshow Collectibles has been without a C-3PO for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum