OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH COMMANDER CODY 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

csyeung

skywalkersaga wrote:Ok, I had spoken a little too soon. Still hasn't arrived yet -- scheduled to do so tomorrow!  bounce  

Of course, I just got hit by the usual hefty customs fees (eek). This reminded me that I keep meaning to ask about alternative sources for PO'ing Hot Toys figures from the UK. Sideshow prices seem fine until you factor in the shipping AND customs/taxes for the UK. It really sucks to have to pay nearly £100 extra for already overpriced HT figures.

I realize this is just part of the hobby at the moment, and why a lot of people are getting priced out of HT stuff, but I am wondering if anyone knows of other sources for pre-ordering that either have less expensive shipping, or that at least factor some of that into the price so you're not hit with it at the end. Again, I realize that being in the UK means that expensive shipping and customs is just how it is, but any input would be helpful.

(Note: I *have* used Planet Action Figures, a UK-based vendor, in the past. They offer free shipping and factor in all the customs for you, which is great. However, I stopped using them a while ago because their payment plan method was stressing me out since they don't accept PayPal, only credit cards.)

OSK offers preorders on hot toys and has shipping included in price (you pay a deposit). I haven't ordered HT from them, but other figures and havent been hit with customs, I think he marks them at a lower value. The only downside is he always has a window for preorders and cut off dates. Toysbuyingagent is another seller (timcent on ebay). He has a website that also has preorders and current figures. I'm not sure how customs are with him, I have an endgame cap marvel preordered there, but many people I've read have had smooth transactions. (shipping is incl in his prices as well and there are instant coupons you can use on main site). He also has a bunch of current marvel figures that have been heavily discounted atm. (i think Marvel interest in Asia took a deep dive). Star wars unfortunately has increased interest due to mandalorian so all those figures are rising in prices in Asia.

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:I realize that with the question of price and space, one has to make decisions like this, however difficult. For the most part I do the same, sticking to Original Trilogy with some very minor exceptions. Similarly, I try (especially now that I don't have a steady job) to be selective as to what sets from other franchises I pick up. And I ought to exercise more restraint with parted-out parts, too. Smile

Indeed, I feel you. There are a lot of really nice figures I'd like to have if I had unlimited funds, but obviously one has to draw a line somewhere. Originally I didn't even intend to collect HT figures at all -- I was going to just stick to the HT Anakin and the (eventual??) HT Padme and then just fill in the rest of the characters I wanted with my own customs. But then they started making more Prequels (and now Clone Wars) figures, and welp... here I am. ;p

But yeah... the issue with the Qui-Gon was that if I'd gotten him, then I'd have opened a whole other can of worms with needing to collect and/or create figures to go with him. I just... didn't want to go down that route when I still was in the middle of all the Clone Wars stuff. Though a while back I did find a blank, unpainted custom Qui-Gon headsculpt, and I picked it up just to have it around as back up in case I decide someday to make my own version of him.

And with the parted-out stuff... eek, yeah. I learned my lesson with the ANH Vader kitbash that it's often more trouble than its worth. I did pick up the HT RotJ Leia headsculpt, but that's because I have a pretty solid idea of what I want to do with it, and it won't require any other loose HT parts, so it wasn't nearly such an expensive venture as kitbashing HT parts often ends up being...

Stryker and csyeung -- thank you both for the rec, I'll definitely check out OSK for HT pre-orders in future!

skywalkersaga

Resurrecting a very old thread to note that I have a HT Commander Cody figure available if anyone is interested. For those in the UK, I'd even be happy to do free shipping.

Only putting it up for sale due to financial reasons.....

ukshaun

Great looking figure!
When it comes to figures and Star Wars, i am trying to keep my collection small, as i like so much more outside the Star Wars universe. I would like to add a Vader to the line-up, and a C-3PO Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That makes sense, can't get more iconic than those! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:That makes sense, can't get more iconic than those! Very Happy

..and to add to that, my R2-D2 from Sideshow Collectibles has been without a C-3PO for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum