OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Hello friends! Are there any 1/6 characters you didn't know much or anything about, that made you interested in their background story that you actually started reading or watching the comics, tv show, or movie they're from? Feel free to share them here and talk about them!

For me it's Phicen/TBLeague Shi (Asian version) and the upcoming Inflames Toys Wu Song from Water Margin. Before I had Shi/Ana, I had no idea who she was, but I learned that she's actually a comic book character who even had crossovers with Daredevil and Wolverine.

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins 202e254251005f3ecf97cde481b2ffbd_xl

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins Wolverine_Shi_Dark_Knight_Judgement_Vol_1_1_Second_Variant

For Wu Song, I found out that he's one of the characters from a classic Chinese novel called Water Margin, which was also made into tv series and movies.

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins 31c00003ede8bda13ded?123

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins 200320181506

Since I loved the look of the toy and I pre-ordered it simply based on how badass he looks, I decided to go hunt down the tv series the toy version was based on, which was the Water Margin 1998 tv series. Fortunately, despite it being a 20-year old show, I found it on the net with English subtitles and I started watching it. I actually ended up loving the show and Wu Song definitely became my favorite character, especially once you see him do his thing in the final battle despite certain... disadvantages. The tv series focused on only a handful characters at the beginning and the cast just kept growing and growing! Each of them had their own nice story arc, usually involving how they became disillusioned by corrupt government officials or how they got wronged or accidentally (or had to) do something bad and had no other choice but to go to Liangshan Marsh and join a group which aimed to fight for justice and wait for government amnesty even if they've become social outcasts and are considered bandits.

I also love Water Margin's theme song, it's very catchy even if I have no idea what they're saying lol!

#discussion

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Yes.

PHICEN's 1:6 female characters licensed from Zenescope Entertainment.

I knew of Zenescope when I attended comic conventions in Florida when they started, but PHICEN's female figures based on/inspired by some of their properties made me take a closer look.

I knew of and collected/read SHI long before PHICEN gave her the 1:6 treatment.  SHI was given the 1:6 treatment years ago by BBI as a licensed offering.  In addition, Billy Tucci had a small production run of SHI produced with a bonus regular head sculpt that he sold through his website where each figure was numbered and the box signed by him of which I own a couple.

Take the following with a grain of salt, but I did the initial business introductions and passed along contact information between Triad Toys and William Tucci years ago and their was an "unofficial" agreement for Triad Toys to produce SHI along with other characters by William Tucci in 1:6, but unfortunately before anything could be finalized Triad Toys crashed and burned.

Allotropos

Allotropos
It's more the opposite for me where I'm one of those who TRIES to build a character that I've either read about but has not been made or released. Characters from books and games mostly.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:It's more the opposite for me where I'm one of those who TRIES to build a character that I've either read about but has not been made or released. Characters from books and games mostly.

That’s how I am. My first custom a few years back was Red Sonja, then a year or so later... Phicen announces theirs; my next one was Vampirella... you can guess what happened there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins C8485110

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2011 wrote:
Allotropos wrote:It's more the opposite for me where I'm one of those who TRIES to build a character that I've either read about but has not been made or released. Characters from books and games mostly.

That’s how I am. My first custom a few years back was Red Sonja, then a year or so later... Phicen announces theirs; my next one was Vampirella... you can guess what happened there.

LoL talk about luck and timing !!
Still - I'm sure completing your custom build was a whole lot more satisfying then getting a boxed set !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

LoL talk about luck and timing !!
Still - I'm sure completing your custom build was a whole lot more satisfying then getting a boxed set !

In a way it was, at least for the Vampirella one. My Red Sonja doesn’t look so good to me now, but Vampi was a lot harder than I thought it would be considering how little she wears.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Characters that Made You Learn More About Their Origins C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum