OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hashtags for topics on this forum

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To help with sorting and searching through this forum as we accumulate more and more topics (threads), I invite all members posting a new topic to add hashtags at the end of the first post. If you have already created a topic, you can go back to it, and edit the first post to include the hashtags of your choice. I have gone through a few topics started by others and myself and included some hashtags as a test, but feel free to add more of your own, where applicable. We do not seem to be limited in number of hashtags, so some redundancy is ok (e.g., both #lordoftherings and #lotr).

By clicking on a hashtag, you will be able to see all topics (threads) tagged with it -- you will be taken to a page containing the first posts in these topics (there may be further posts with additional info and images, so you might want to enter the respective topics and follow through). In Profile you can follow specific hashtags of your choice.

Working list of common hashtags below. You are not limited to this, and feel free to supply additional suggestions; so as to minimize the number of hits during searches, please do not put the # in front of your suggestions, which I will integrate into the list. At any rate this should demonstrate the principle of the thing. There are basically three types of hashtags that would apply: descriptive (like #historical or #outdoors), franchise (like #starwars or #aliens), and maker (like #easyandsimple or #hottoys).

#aci
#addtoys
#aliens
#ancient
#animal
#artoys
#asmus
#astronaut
#avengers
#bandai
#blitzway
#body
#casting
#cm
#cgl
#civilian
#clothing
#collection
#comic
#coomodel
#custom
#dam
#dc
#did
#diorama
#discussion
#display
#dragon
#droid
#dwarf
#earlymodern
#easyandsimple
#eleven
#enterbay
#event
#fantasy
#female
#fiction
#film
#firegirl
#forrestgump
#furniture
#futuristic
#game
#gameofthrones
#got
#hair
#hasbro
#head
#historical
#hottoys
#horror
#humor
#jamesbond
#jurassicpark
#kausticplastik
#kimi
#kitbash
#kumik
#lethalweapon
#lordoftherings
#lego
#lotr
#magiccube
#male
#marvel
#mattel
#medieval
#metalwork
#military
#minitimes
#modern
#modification
#napoleonic
#newproduct
#ninja
#outdoors
#painting
#pangaea
#phicen
#pirate
#photostory
#playtoy
#police
#powerteamelite
#productreview
#pte
#qmx
#quality
#quest
#question
#repurpose
#robot
#scifi
#sculpting
#seamless
#sewing
#sideshow
#soldierstory
#spiderman
#starace
#startrek
#starwars
#superduck
#superhero
#superman
#tbleague
#terminator
#threezero
#tool
#tv
#uniform
#vehicle
#verycool
#vietnam
#vts
#walkingdead
#warning
#warrior
#weapon
#wolverine
#woodwork
#worldbox
#ww1
#ww2
#xmen

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
newproduct

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KausticPlastik - ANNOUNCEMENT: Hashtags for topics on this forum C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:newproduct

Done! Thanks.

highwayman57

highwayman57
How about sci-fi?

David

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:How about sci-fi? David

I was wondering about that. We have fiction, but no problem adding it. Question (I am actually new to hashtags) -- should it go in as sci-fi or as scifi?

highwayman57

highwayman57
I just thought of another one: historical (or perhaps simply, history.)

David

highwayman57

highwayman57
GubernatorFan wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:How about sci-fi? David

I was wondering about that. We have fiction, but no problem adding it. Question (I am actually new to hashtags) -- should it go in as sci-fi or as scifi?

Any problem with doing both?

David

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Any problem with doing both? David

No, although the use of variations is not helpful for searching, I'd imagine. I was actually not sure whether hashtags can handle a hyphen ( - ).

highwayman57

highwayman57
GubernatorFan wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:Any problem with doing both? David

No, although the use of variations is not helpful for searching, I'd imagine. I was actually not sure whether hashtags can handle a hyphen ( - ).
I don't think the hyphen will be a problem. As to the other, you never know just how somebody will enter a hashtag like that. The usual form it is written is with the hyphen, but the simplified way is without the hyphen; there's no telling how somebody will try to spell the hashtag when trying to search.

David

highwayman57

highwayman57
Just thought of another one: game

David

highwayman57

highwayman57
A few more just came to mind:

comicbook
marvel
dc

David

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:A few more just came to mind: comicbook marvel dc David

Thanks, David, just added game, comic, marvel, dc. Our list does not have to be exhaustive (there will always be more options), but it is good to cover the basics.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I'm posting this in jest.

Maybe

1:6sexyback
lingerie
sixthscalesemierotica

Wink Razz

MarkEl

seamless
modification
painting
hair
sewing
woodwork
metalwork
casting
sculpting

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, MarkEl. Will include them. Right now working my way through old topics (threads) lest they get ignored in the tagging process.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow. I’ll be the first to admit I’ve never been all that fond of the whole hashtag fad, and now it seems like we’re going to end up with 100 or more, which I think is going to make this whole process a lot more complicated. Maybe now would be the time to break the forum into sub-categories (like the Freaks), rather than having to add multiple hashtags to every thread. Just a thought to save you, GF, a lot of time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow. I’ll be the first to admit I’ve never been all that fond of the whole hashtag fad, and now it seems like we’re going to end up with 100 or more, which I think is going to make this whole process a lot more complicated. Maybe now would be the time to break the forum into sub-categories (like the Freaks), rather than having to add multiple hashtags to every thread. Just a thought to save you, GF, a lot of time.

You are not fan of hashtags? Dinosaur that I am, my only use for them until today has been to mock them, "hashtag this... hashtag that." If there was an easily comprehensible way to create a small selectable set of categories, that might have helped; on the other hand that might not have been a very good fit for each and every thread. Remember you don't have to use all (or any) of these. But it does help someone who wants to just look at (say) military figures. Or superhero figures. Or female figures...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:You are not fan of hashtags? Dinosaur that I am, my only use for them until today has been to mock them, "hashtag this... hashtag that." If there was an easily comprehensible way to create a small selectable set of categories, that might have helped; on the other hand that might not have been a very good fit for each and every thread. Remember you don't have to use all (or any) of these. But it does help someone who wants to just look at (say) military figures. Or superhero figures. Or female figures...

I kind of wonder about the OSF "home page"; there is a sub-section for "Your First Classifieds Section"; I wonder if from that home page is where a sub-section would be created? Is that just specifically for this forum, for forumotion in general, or for potential advertisers? I'm just curious. I don't know enough about all this stuff to be able to help you, personally, but it did draw my attention.

By the way: If you think you're a "Dinosaur," I'm the "Crabby Old F@#k Down the Street." I even hate the term "hashtag"; it used to be called the "pound sign" before the smart-phone generation came up with all these stupid made-up things to compensate for what seems to be their inability to read or write full sentences. Don't even get me started on "text speak"; I'm one of the last of the hold-outs who still believes that words should be spelled out correctly, and in full, and punctuation is important, even in a text message.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:You are not fan of hashtags? Dinosaur that I am, my only use for them until today has been to mock them, "hashtag this... hashtag that." If there was an easily comprehensible way to create a small selectable set of categories, that might have helped; on the other hand that might not have been a very good fit for each and every thread. Remember you don't have to use all (or any) of these. But it does help someone who wants to just look at (say) military figures. Or superhero figures. Or female figures...

I kind of wonder about the OSF "home page"; there is a sub-section for "Your First Classifieds Section"; I wonder if from that home page is where a sub-section would be created? Is that just specifically for this forum, for forumotion in general, or for potential advertisers? I'm just curious. I don't know enough about all this stuff to be able to help you, personally, but it did draw my attention.

By the way: If you think you're a "Dinosaur," I'm the "Crabby Old F@#k Down the Street." I even hate the term "hashtag"; it used to be called the "pound sign" before the smart-phone generation came up with all these stupid made-up things to compensate for what seems to be their inability to read or write full sentences. Don't even get me started on "text speak"; I'm one of the last of the hold-outs who still believes that words should be spelled out correctly, and in full, and punctuation is important, even in a text message.

I completely with you on the sad decline of written communication.  It blows my mind when I get emails at work from people at other companies, written with less care than I would put in a text message.  I know I'm operating by already outdated standards, but I believe how you write is a big part of how you choose to represent yourself.

But the hashtag thing, for all it's negative associations, is probably a good fit for this forum.  It makes things instantly group-able, without actually having to divide the forum into sub-sections.  I can only speak for myself, but I much prefer the single section for almost all posts.  I've only glanced around on the Freaks forums, but I found all the sub categories overwhelming, and hard to navigate.  Dividing things up is a tricky thing.  I probably wouldn't go looking for a WW2 or Vietnam subcatagory, but when something pops up on the regular channel, I'll take a look, and I'm often glad I did, having seen a lot of incredible work because of it.  With hashtags, it's an easy way to look for more of the same.  If you see a cool Marvel post, it may get you wondering what other Marvel posts people have done, and you can click on the hashtag.  You can choose to use as many as you want, if you want your post to come up in relation to various topics, or you can ignore them all together.  They're non-intrusive, and probably give the best options to add functionality without changing how anyone else enjoys the forum.

http://reverendspooky.com

Kukolka

Kukolka
coomodel
furniture
horror
pte

KausticPlastik - ANNOUNCEMENT: Hashtags for topics on this forum Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next