OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... )

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Ephiane

May i ask how You did the Han Stykers Background ? You masterd this technic. By doing pictures like this, i have 100 useless and 1 Useful pic. I use a TV Screen and there are always that terrible rays.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:May i ask how You did the Han Stykers Background ? You masterd this technic. By doing pictures like this, i have 100 useless and 1 Useful pic. I use a TV Screen and there are always that terrible rays.

Actually, it’s my iMac computer monitor. I searched for screen-savers of Star Wars environments, put a bunch of books on my desk to get the figure at the right height. Using a tripod, I held a tactical flashlight with 5000 lumens off to the side with one hand, angling the light to get rid of the screen flare, and then snapped the picture. I had to use Photoshop to crop the black edges of the screen saver image out of the frame — hence the reason you don’t see the figures legs.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool looking Mini Me's figures and photos and indeed very sorry for the loss of your pet.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, my friend.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn man, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. As someone with 2 cats that are the center of my world, I know how much room they take up in our hearts, and how big a hole they leave when they're gone. And 14 is a good full life in dog years. But I swear, they're never with us long enough. I have a friend who once told me that because their time is so short, sometimes just knowing we filled their time with us with as much love and happiness as we could in the time that they're here is a small comfort in times like this.

And big believer in a bit of retail therapy as well. The Darth Stryker Solo shots look awesome, and the monitor background works so perfectly in these shots. Even the lighting looks like it matches well, and the shadows give it a lot of cool drama. Love it.

And I totally missed the fantasy figures before! Both look awesome. I'm anxious to see when you finally get the custom head for your wife. Always tough waiting for that last piece of a project.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  As someone with 2 cats that are the center of my world, I know how much room they take up in our hearts, and how big a hole they leave when they're gone.  And 14 is a good full life in dog years.  But I swear, they're never with us long enough.  I have a friend who once told me that because their time is so short, sometimes just knowing we filled their time with us with as much love and happiness as we could in the time that they're here is a small comfort in times like this.  

And big believer in a bit of retail therapy as well.  The Darth Stryker Solo shots look awesome, and the monitor background works so perfectly in these shots.  Even the lighting looks like it matches well, and the shadows give it a lot of cool drama.  Love it.

And I totally missed the fantasy figures before!  Both look awesome.  I'm anxious to see when you finally get the custom head for your wife.  Always tough waiting for that last piece of a project.

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. It's definitely been tough on the wife and I; we miss the little guy a lot.

It was definitely a trick to get the background monitor and the foreground lighting just right to make those "Solo" pics look right. I just wish the monitor was big enough to be able to capture the entire figure. It would also be cool if I had the room for more dioramas. I definitely need to take a page from your book and make everything collapsable so I can actually do more story-like photoshoots. I have a whole stream of Old West style scenes I'd like to do; I'd do them outside if the goddamn mosquitos didn't use me as a pin-cushion every time I walked outside.

Getting the head for my wife's figure made is proving time-consuming to say the least. I need to reach out to the sculptor again and see when he can fit me in.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, it's been nearly 3 years since I first commissioned a head sculpt to represent my wife. I received 10 of them (1 bald so I could attempt, at some point, to add real hair), and had three of them commissioned to be painted. I just received them back today. I had one done with a lighter skin tone (my wife is fairly pale-skinned), and two (including the bald one) done with a darker skin tone (as you can see the "darker" skin tones do not match the current TBLeague "Suntan", so I will have to find a different body to match -- I do believe the earlier "Tan" made under the original Phicen brand should work, but I'll have to find one that I can use (removing the current head sculpt that resides on one of them). Here's a couple pics under different lighting situations to show off the sculpts.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3428
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3429
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3427
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3431
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3430
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3432
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3434
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3433

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. I'm glad they turned out so well. Now you and she and mini-you and mini-she (I know there are multiples of these) can have so much fun! Smile No, that was not meant to sound dirty, get you minds out of the gutter, people!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that turned out absolutely STUNNING!!! Looking forward to seeing all that you end up doing with these....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks! The wife was pretty happy when she saw the final outcome. It’s hard to capture, but there are some really nice subtle details that are pretty neat (like very fine extra strands of hair painted onto the forehead).

BAMComix

BAMComix
They look great Mark!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks! The wife was pretty happy when she saw the final outcome. It’s hard to capture, but there are some really nice subtle details that are pretty neat (like very fine extra strands of hair painted onto the forehead).

I can imagine...that's a quite a tribute! And yes, the paint job seems very sensitively and subtly done. Happy for you that it turned out so well. :')

blackpool

blackpool
that is so so cool! And it came out great, I love the idea, and I love the result!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thank, everyone. Much appreciated. Here are a couple under natural light, and closer to give a better idea of the nice paint work that "Mus Musculus" did for me. (The first one is with natural light & a flash; the other two are straight natural light).

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3435
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3437
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3436

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very good skin tone match too. Everything works very naturally.

Ovy

Ovy
Awesome sir! Really great sculpt and paintjob. Excited what you will do with the hair of the second sculpt.

And in my head, me you still look exactly like Darth Stryker. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very good skin tone match too. Everything works very naturally.

Yeah, I think he did awesome. I sent him a foot from each skin tone of TBLeague’s current colors, and the only one he didn’t really feel comfortable doing to match was the Suntan, which he said (and he’s right) is too grey, and made the sculpt look sickly. I think it’ll match the old Tan skin tone, and I do have a couple that I had planned to use for other things, but I haven’t had a chance to compare them.

Ovy wrote:Awesome sir! Really great sculpt and paintjob. Excited what you will do with the hair of the second sculpt.

And in my head, me you still look exactly like Darth Stryker. Razz

Thanks. Yeah, weird how that works, isn’t it. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Added the invisibility cloak (it only works once she pulls it up over her head) -- that's how it worked in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon for the Thief character. I still need to make a belt and scabbards for her long knives and she'll be complete. Thought I'd take a couple quick pics with the Legolas Helm's Deep diorama for $&!t$ & giggles.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3454
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3453

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

Diana

Diana
She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

Thanks. If I had any Photoshop skill, I’d make a pic of her starting to pull up the hood and she starts to disappear, but alas…

Diana wrote:She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Thank you. I’m sure there’s something around for her to steal, as well. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She turned out gorgeous! The outfit looks excellent as well. And great idea to pose her on that mini diorama. Now we need to see both of you together! ;D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum