OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

288OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the warm welcome. If I find more time next few weeks, I will comment in more threads. Already saw some great projects on here but didn't have time to respond to most yet.

cheers

289OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:21 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
Hey guys! Been collecting 1:6 for , well since GI Joe and Captain Action were new back in the 60's. Grew up doing it and just never stopped. I've already recognized a few names from other forums and groups here and hope to see many more familiar ones as well as make some new friends here.

290OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome! That's quite an impressive amount of time to be in the hobby! Glad to have you with us. Smile

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

291OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:49 pm

chrisinbama

chrisinbama
Hi everyone...I've been stalling doing this introduction post. I wanted to include photos of my people, but I haven't been able to decide which ones to include. I've been little by little getting the folks put together, and you may have read by now, have had some issues along the way. I guess we all have!  Anyway, I can't put it off forever, so I'll just introduce myself now since I've already made a handful of comments around the forum.

I'm Chris, and I am in Alabama, just as my handle claims. I have always had an idea lurking in the back of my mind about finding (or inventing myself) some more realistic looking and poseable figures. I liked playing with certain kinds of figures when I was a kid...not girly at all...I was always a big tomboy, but I liked GI Joes and those Johnny West figures and other figures that weren't really girly. But my interest always sort of waned because even then I was always really put off by the ridiculous joints and inability of achieving realistic poses, etc. I like the idea of figures, but the reality was never what I wanted.

Cut to current times...I have enjoyed posing and photographing figures over the years, mostly to comedic affect, just here and there. But somewhere along the line I happened upon Phicen figures. My mind was blown. I mean BLOWN! I became obsessed IMMEDIATELY. I spent countless hours researching...mostly watching youtube videos on them, and other doll face repaints and hair customizing. I didn't know if I could do it, but the prices on the head sculpts out there made it worth trying. So...here I am. After many months I finally received my final figure I need for the project I have been planning. I failed to mention the other most important part of my 1:6 story...I'm also obsessed with the Harry Potter world...in particular, the Marauders (if you don't know, Harry's parents and their friends back when they were in school). It became my mission to make the Marauders. I required 3 males and one female. I ended up getting a Jiaou female for my Lily, but my 3 boys are all Phicens. (Because I won't spend time or money on Peter Pettigrew. Any photoshoots will have an excuse for Pete's absence). I have an M36A for Sirius Black, an M31 for Remus Lupin and the final figure that just came in is my M33, who is my James Potter. I have finally re-haired them all this weekend, after a long break from it. I'm mostly happy with how they turned out, but I do have a few things I need to go back and touch up a bit, and I have to redo Sirius' eyes. He's looking pretty scary at the moment.

I've been uploading all my WIP photos from the very beginning up to now to a website I've set up just for this. Once I get it finished I'll post the link, so I won't have to bombard the board with a thousand photos. Right now they just mostly look like regular people because I still have to get the clothes they need...but I love my little figures! And I really, REALLY love looking at everyone else's work. Some fascinating and imaginative stuff out there!

292OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:17 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi Chris, and a formal welcome to you! Smile Glad to have you with us -- your story is so relatable. Based on your posts, I'd already had an inkling you might be doing something fandom-related with specific characters, etc, but I hadn't guessed WHICH characters. That's SO great! I LOVE that you are making the Marauders! They are my fave characters and 'era' of the Harry Potter 'verse. And Sirius Black is my very favourite HP character. I love you I presume you are doing a more book-based take on them? Either way, I'm super excited to see your interpretations of them all!  

You'll find many of us are on similar quests to create a certain group of characters, only to discover along the way just how many 'moving parts' there are to all of this, and how difficult that can be to coordinate at times. I myself am in the midst of an already year-long project to make realistic depictions of my favourite characters from the Clone Wars animated series. Peaches, who isn't around at the moment but who will hopefully return at some point, has been working on the entire Serenity crew from Firefly! Sometimes we bite off more than we can chew at first, but it's a learning process and I like to think it's worth it in the long run! Very Happy

And no pressure to post photos, you can do so whenever you feel ready. Gotta say I love your user pic -- very cute! :')

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)

293OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 am

chrisinbama

chrisinbama
Thank you so much! Yes... Well, sort of a combination of book and fanfiction! My head Canon is a bit off book Canon. But certainly not the movies. They are young. Another reason my 36A's height kind of puts me off. But plenty of teens are tall and have facial hair. LOL! I thought perhaps down the road I would change his head sculpt, but I'm really kind of attached to him with this one at the moment. So I guess I don't really care that much. I just plan to make him look as young as possible with the scenes I will depict.

Thank you so much for your reply!

294OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:14 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry for the late reply, ironmann1188. So cool to see another of the “old timers” join the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I’m curious to know when, and how, you managed to find us. I see so many of the OSW members have been joining Facebook for their 1/6 needs, so it’s always great to see some finally coming around to us.

And, as skywalkersaga said, a formal welcome to you, Chris. Glad you could make it. (I’ve been to Birmingham many times — but like all big cities, I hate that Rush Hour traffic).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

295OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am

chrisinbama

chrisinbama
Stryker... If only we could apparate! If even take broom flight at this point, even on these cold days!

296OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:43 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry for the late reply, ironmann1188. So cool to see another of the “old timers” join the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I’m curious to know when, and how, you managed to find us. I see so many of the OSW members have been joining Facebook for their 1/6 needs, so it’s always great to see some finally coming around to us.

And, as skywalkersaga said, a formal welcome to you, Chris. Glad you could make it. (I’ve been to Birmingham many times — but like all big cities, I hate that Rush Hour traffic).

Finding you was quite a pleasant accident. I was searching thru the net looking for sculpts and found an image of a Michael York Logan, clicked the link and ...HERE I AM!

297OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ironman1188 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry for the late reply, ironmann1188. So cool to see another of the “old timers” join the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I’m curious to know when, and how, you managed to find us. I see so many of the OSW members have been joining Facebook for their 1/6 needs, so it’s always great to see some finally coming around to us.

Finding you was quite a pleasant accident. I was searching thru the net looking for sculpts and found an image of a Michael York Logan, clicked the link and ...HERE I AM!

That’s cool. Nice to see the sculpt is getting some attention, Will did an excellent job.

298OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 pm

ironman1188

ironman1188
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s cool. Nice to see the sculpt is getting some attention, Will did an excellent job.

As well it should. Logan's Run has been overlooked for too long in 1:6. I may have to return to my old plans for the Logan car from the series.
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Latest?cb=20121225190557

299OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, I’d forgotten about that car. I wouldn’t mind even seeing the rail-pods they used in the movie.

300OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:06 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome Aboard All !

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Ww711

Damed.... i´m to stupid to insert gifs Very Happy

301OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty New Member on Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:12 pm

zipkicker

Just a quick intro. Located in Melbourne, Australia.
Long time visitor but now I'm starting to ramp up my collection and hoping to help out and get a few tips and tricks along the way etc.

Got my SHCC Vampirella today and expecting a few more in the next week or so.
Gonna figure (npi) how to post images and then we're away...

302OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Welcome to the asylum. Good to see another Aussie here.

303OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing your collection. Check out the second post in this thread for detailed information about the easiest way to post photos:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

304OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
A warm welcome to you! Looking forward to your pics! Smile

305OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:46 am

AerynDiana

AerynDiana
Welcome zipkicker! Looking forward to seeing you and your creations around! Smile

306OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:31 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Welcome aboard!

307OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard zipkicker!

308OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:59 am

blackpool

blackpool
Welcome aboard!

309OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:22 pm

zipkicker

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys and also for the image host info. 1/6th Arkhalla arrives today and she'll be the companion piece to the SHCC US Version Vampi. While I'm here - does anyone have a spare Lady Death throne they would be willing to part with? I don't want to buy the figure - just the base/throne. Cheers!

310OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:45 am

DarthJ

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Mi3_te12

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Mi4b_t14

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Mi7_te13

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Mi8_te10

311OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, very clever introduction, DarthJ! Illustrates your interests very well. ;D 

P.S. Welcome! Wink

312OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very creative introduction.

313OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A well done intro. Thanks for that, and welcome aboard.

314OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:46 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
LOL, Very cool intro and indeed welcome aboard DarthJ.

315OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:05 am

zipkicker

Welcome to the forum - cool intro!

316OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Hello! on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:00 pm

tflockj11

tflockj11
Hi all,

I'm Tflockj and I live in Minnesota in the US. I started out playing with Adventure Team GI Joes in the 1970's. Fast forward 30 some years. I picked up some old Joes at an antique store and it snowballed from there.

I still pick up the occasional Adventure Team set or figure. I was in to US WWII figures for a while. Now I have found my Holy Grail--QMX's Star Trek figures! In addition to collecting the figure, I've started dabbling in 3D printing-primarily things for my Star Trek figures.

I've been a member at OSW, Men with Dolls and a couple of WWII forums. I enjoy reading about and seeing a wide range of figures and especially admire the creative aspect of the hobby, whether it's sculpting, sewing, photographing and storytelling.

Chung posted a link at OSW which led me here.

Thanks!

317OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad you could make it, and welcome aboard. Whereabouts in MN do you live, by the way? I’m just across the border (16 miles into Wisconsin) from the Twin Cities. Hope to see your collection at some point on here.

318OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:49 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello and welcome, tflockj11. And yes, glad you could make it. Happy for you that you found your 1/6 grail figures. You're definitely in the right place for the customization/creative side of this hobby! : )

319OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Welcome! this forum seems to still be in its infancy so do invite other OSW'ers if you ever feel the urge, this is the better place to be now, hope everyone can find it

320OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:37 pm

tflockj11

tflockj11
Stryker2011 wrote:Glad you could make it, and welcome aboard. Whereabouts in MN do you live, by the way? I’m just across the border (16 miles into Wisconsin) from the Twin Cities. Hope to see your collection at some point on here.

I'm in Minneapolis, so just a bit west of you.

Tom

321OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tflockj11 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Glad you could make it, and welcome aboard. Whereabouts in MN do you live, by the way? I’m just across the border (16 miles into Wisconsin) from the Twin Cities. Hope to see your collection at some point on here.

I'm in Minneapolis, so just a bit west of you.

Tom

Not far, at all. Welcome again, Tom.

322OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 09, 2020 3:33 pm

woodsc1

Hi everyone, I'm woodsc1 and I'm known as woodsc over at OSW. I've never grown up really, as I've been playing with my G.I. Joes and Captain Action ever since I was about four years old. I turn 57 in a few days so that should give you some idea of how much 1/6 scale figures have been a part of my life. The introduction of the G.I. Joe Classic Collection line is what rekindled my interest in 1/6 scale figures.

I live in SE MI, outside of Ann Arbor (and no, I'm not a fan of the Wolverines), and I'v been a member of the OSW since 2003. Good to see some familiar faces here.

323OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 09, 2020 4:26 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
woodsc1 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm woodsc1 and I'm known as woodsc over at OSW. I've never grown up really, as I've been playing with my G.I. Joes and Captain Action ever since I was about four years old. I turn 57 in a few days so that should give you some idea of how much 1/6 scale figures have been a part of my life. The introduction of the G.I. Joe Classic Collection line is what rekindled my interest in 1/6 scale figures.

I live in SE MI, outside of Ann Arbor (and no, I'm not a fan of the Wolverines), and I'v been a member of the OSW since 2003. Good to see some familiar faces here.

Welcome! Good to see more OSW'ers here!

I have not been in the 1:6 hobby long (2007-8 is when I really started collecting despite having had 12 inch Action Man/ Star Wars figures prior to that) so never really got to be a kid when Gi Joe was in its prime but I have drooled over Gi Joe collections over the years. They were really well made figures and started the action figure hobby. Hope to see pics of your Joe collection over yor time here Smile

324OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, woodsc1. Always glad to welcome folks from the "Old Site" as we like to call it here. Looking forward to seeing your stuff (and Happy B-Day -- in a few days; there's a few of us old guys around here).

325OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Sat May 09, 2020 9:58 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Hello and welcome aboard everyone!

326OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Tue May 12, 2020 6:35 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome, woodsc1! I recognize you from OSW, and hope you'll enjoy it here. Smile

Even though I currently live in the UK, I'm originally from Northwest Ohio, so very familiar with Ann Arbor area. : )

327OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 18, 2020 3:24 am

1/6Novice

Hello everybody,Hope you're all well in spite of everything going on these days...

Anyway, I missed this thread the first time I posted.

At times I suffer from really bad insomnia, so if I sound a bit "off", its because of that (or I'm just plain crazy...lol). Now that that's out of the way...

Guess who this is/is going to be (with some alterations to the TBLeague body)...
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 QFy8zOn

328OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 8 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard.

As far as who you’re making... there’s only so many bald guys out there at the moment, so:
Kingpin, Professor X (though probably not likely), Jeff Bridges from IM, or Jason Statham...?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum