OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 37]

83OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 am

tankgirlfuzzy

Hi all, just thought I'd drop in and give it a try. I admit I'm not the most regular contributor over at OSW or really any board, as I tend to go in spurts and then life takes over. I've been modeling in some form for over 40 years, since my dad and I built that first 1/72 German sidecar together, and I was hooked! I primarily do WWII, and mostly German, with some Allied troops sprinkled in for variety, but the past few years I've been getting more into movie based figures, esp. with LOTR and some ancient warrior stuff which some of you may have seen. The past 10 years I was really into RC warbird flying (mostly in 1/7-1/10 scale), but haven't been doing much of that lately. My other passions are opera (which you now know about with my new thread!), and hockey (go Bruins!) (I used to play but I'm just too old and it hurts too much; just getting on the ice for stick and puck is a victory for me now).

So far the board looks good. It's a promising start.

84OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:26 am

Ephiane

Welcome to All ! cheers

85OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, TGF. Glad to see you made it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 C8485110

86OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks and welcome aboard, tankgirl.

87OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:10 am

dadrab

dadrab
Where are my manners?

Welcome, tankgirlfuzzy. Pull up a bar stool and have a drink on me.

Glad you've joined us.

88OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am

blackpool

blackpool
hello fellow collectors! Nice to see you all around here, very promising for the forum!!!

Most of you guys know me from OSW or MWD, or instagram may be, my name's Alex, I'm a 37 years old kid, architect during the day, toy enthusiast at night lol...
I'm a big fan of scifi but also hollywood movies and marvel comic books, I grew up between dr jones and pr venkmann to make it short!

I got may be 60 figures, as I don't have room to expose them I build and unbuild them very often, using parts on new projects, most of my collection being kitbashes, some stay, some turn into something else after a while. I also treat myself with a few hot toys every year but with those crazy prices it's not what it used to be... I remember my first DX in its huuuuuge box, for less $ than a wonderwoman...

For that reason I also collect smaller figures, trying to not jump into 1/6 starwars, so having fun with blackseries and some shfiguarts...

Cheers!

89OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
blackpool wrote:hello fellow collectors! Nice to see you all around here, very promising for the forum!!!

Most of you guys know me from OSW or MWD, or instagram may be, my name's Alex, I'm a 37 years old kid, architect during the day, toy enthusiast at night lol...
I'm a big fan of scifi but also hollywood movies and marvel comic books, I grew up between dr jones and pr venkmann to make it short!

I got may be 60 figures, as I don't have room to expose them I build and unbuild them very often, using parts on new projects, most of my collection being kitbashes, some stay, some turn into something else after a while. I also treat myself with a few hot toys every year but with those crazy prices it's not what it used to be... I remember my first DX in its huuuuuge box, for less $ than a wonderwoman...

For that reason I also collect smaller figures, trying to not jump into 1/6 starwars, so having fun with blackseries and some shfiguarts...

Cheers!
Yeaaah buddy, welcome aboard!

90OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Welcome Blackpool, good to see you here!

91OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome again, blackpool! I see you have changed your avatar to another cool image. Like you, I build and unbuild some of my figures, and I have to consider spatial considerations when it comes to dioramas. And I think all of us feel the wallet concerns in this hobby. Which is all the more reason to showcase what you can do with what you already have. And you have done quite a lot.

92OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Hey, blackpool. Welcome in.

We're mighty glad to have you.

93OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:04 pm

blackpool

blackpool
thanks for the welcome guys, n for the kind words n invite Gubernator! Happy to see all these familiar names as well!

94OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome, Blackpool. Love the Indy avatar. Very cool.

95OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Blackpool! Glad you could make it man.

Warm welcome to all our new members, familiar and new! The party's just getting started.

96OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard tankgirlfuzzy and Blackpool.

97OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

98OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

Weird. I see your username as it was on OSW on all of your posts so far. What are you seeing?

99OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
Stryker2011 wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

Weird. I see your username as it was on OSW on all of your posts so far. What are you seeing?

When I made my very first post early this afternoon, my username was simply David. However, in a follow-up post to my request for tech assistance, GubernatorFan stated that he had edited my username to highwayman57, much to my delight. I just hadn't noticed that it was fixed when I made the post here! So I made a little mistake! Embarassed

David

100OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:38 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
David!

Glad to see you made it here too!

Most definitely the band is getting back together and then some!

101OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:56 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
DeltaForceChung wrote:David!

Glad to see you made it here too!

Most definitely the band is getting back together and then some!

Good ol' reliable Chung...I'm glad to see you here also! Smile

David

102OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 am

dadrab

dadrab
Welcome in, David.

Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Good to have you with us.

103OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:10 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
dadrab wrote:Welcome in, David.

Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Good to have you with us.
Thanks, Ed !I'm glad to be here! Smile

David

104OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 5 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Some great names coming in, and long may they continue!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum