OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Blackbox 1/6 Guess Me Series -“ Virtual Girl”

Product Includes:

Head-sculpt "Joi",
alternate Head-sculpt "Joi",
plmb2017-s18a body,
Palms x6,
Transparency Raincoat (Yellow),
3d Pattern Skirt (Charcoal Gray),
Turtleneck T-shirt (Blk),
Womens High Long Socks Leggings (Blk),
Ladies Flat Low Heel Lace Up Mid Calf Boots (Blk),
Joi Emanator,
Blaster Gun

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1_116
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 2205
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 3175
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 4161
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 5157
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 6152
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 7147
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 8139
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 9137
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 10128
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 11129
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 12114
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 13105
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1489
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1579
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1679
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1771
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1865
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 1958
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 2052
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 21100
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 2243
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 2437
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 2533

#newproduct #Blackbox #GuessMe #VirtualGirl #Runner #movie-inspired #Sci-Fi #female

scalawag

scalawag
Well, a Blade runner 2049 based 1/6 figure.  Could be interesting Very Happy

The Hair on both sculpt is done very well I think. The blue hair sculpt is very good I think, but only seen briefly in the move and as an advert for Wallaces product 'Joi'.

The second head sculpt looks ok to me, but does not quite capture the actress Ana de Armas, but its not bad.  I think they nailed her ears Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

The black costume and yellow mac are accurate to what we see Joi wearing in several scenes in the movie, notably the K is looking at archives in the LAPD head quarters and in the junkyard.

Joi's emanator looks nicely done, although assuming the silver disc is meant to be the light we see on the real thing the pics have been taken of it upside down.  I wonder sometimes how these lapses in attention to detail happen when in other areas the detail seems obsessive Rolling Eyes No biggy for the figure though just a photographer not paying attention really.  Nice too that it opens and closes.  The case for the emanator might have been another nice extra.

K's blaster looks nice, and the proportions seem ok.  There is some debate in the prop making community about just what the dimensions of this gun are as it appears it is possibly a design that gives the illusion of it being bigger on screen than it is in real life.  No definitive data on that yet though.  The only real fault I see with the gun is that the grip has a carbon fibre weave looking pattern (which I think is a paint effect on the real thing) which is missing here.  It might be too much to expect in 1/6, but it would have been nice as it is one of the stand out features of the real thing.  The gun looks a little clean too, the real props are quite heavily weathered so some silver dry brushing and chipping would work wonders on this one.

Over all it's a pretty good figure in my opinion, and one I could be interested in when/if it is released and if the price is right.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a pretty nice, if fairly simple set. The black clothing look appeared more realistic and less sleazy than so much else we see advertised these days... of course then there were the other photos -- yes, I realize that this is all intended to be movie accurate and take scalawag's word for it on the details. The translucent neon coat looks pretty neat.

Candle Jack

Candle Jack
I was really disappointed when they didn't make a Joi for the Neca line of action figures. But this one is even better. If it ever comes out ... I'll definitely want her.

scalawag

scalawag
Candle Jack wrote:I was really disappointed when they didn't make a Joi for the Neca line of action figures. But this one is even better. If it ever comes out ... I'll definitely want her.

Yeah I think Joi would have been a great addition to the NECA 2049 range too.  Sadly I think it is probably an indication of how poorly merchandise from this franchise sells that we didn't see any further figures beyond the original release of 4.  

It seems blade runner is just not as loved, although the fact that getting licensing for the first film seems very difficult due to the complexities of who owns the rights to the film may play a part in the lack of merchandise too, and I don't know if those difficulties also extend to 2049.  

It may just be that manufacturers find it too hard to get a licence for Blade Runner products or simply think it is not worth their while pursuing it.  
As an aside it was the ownership of the rights to the original film that was the reason we had to wait so long for 2049.  Worth the wait in my opinion though.  

We also have what was to be a Blade Runner based convention here in Tyneside in the UK in November to celebrate the whole November 2019 thing and Ridley Scott more generally as that is where he is from originally.  But despite the organisers being in touch with Warner about the plans from the very start, Warner just issued a cease and desist on them and they have to now restructure the whole event and take the emphasis away from Blade Runner.  

The Blade runner universe is a brutal one!!!

Black Box Toys have previously announced an Officer K figure from 2049 too.  That was slated for a Q4 2018 release but as yet it has not shown up in the wild to the best of my knowledge.  

I don't know but this seems to be an unlicensed product from the accompanying text as Blade Runner 2049 is not mentioned at all which it surely would be if this were a licensed figure.  The fact that Black Box Toys email address is @gmail.com in all these promo pics might indicate to that they are not a very big or established company yet.  We will have to wait and see what actually gets produced by them and what the actions the owners of the rights take.

Paul

brassco

brassco
Nice...will collect this. Thks for sharing.

Delanie

Delanie
quick question what is the black square extendable thingie? not seen the film btw

scalawag

scalawag
Delanie wrote:quick question what is the black square extendable thingie? not seen the film btw

Hi Delanie,

In the movie this character, Joi, is a sort of holographic virtual companion made by the Wallace corporation.  When we first see her she is projected via an apparatus attached the ceiling of officer K's apartment.

K is the main character in the movie.  He is a replicant Blade Runner, also made by Wallace Corp, who works for the LAPD catching other older model replicants.  Hope that makes sense so far.

Anyway during the movie K buys an Emanator for Joi.  Thats what the item you were asking about is.  It allows Joi to be free of the ceiling mounted projector so that she can be with K where ever he is.

The version with blue hair is actually a holographic advert for the Joi product.

Anyway, I hope that makes sense, and if you like noir SciFi then definitely have a look at Blade Runner 2049, it's a great film.

Paul

scalawag

scalawag
After a little research I can't find a website for Black Box Toys.  They do have a FaceBook page, but it seems that has not been updated since Feb 2018.  They do seem to be a very small company at the moment.  

So I won't be holding my breath on this Joi figure or the Officer K figure which I believe was originally slated for Q4 2017 release but is currently still just on pre order everywhere it is advertised.  Latest release info on K I could find is Q1 2019. Neutral

If they are ever produced the prices look ok though with the K figure being advertised for preorder for between $140 and $150. Cool

I would be interested to know if anyone has any of Black Box Toys products?

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Blackbox has produced a few items already. There was the Lea Seydoux set I recently reviewed, the Daniel Craig James Bond set, the Ryan Gosling Agent K set (I think), the Robert de Niro Taxicab Driver set, the Hell Detective Lucifer set, and the Riddler set. There might be others.

blackpool

blackpool
scalawag wrote:After a little research I can't find a website for Black Box Toys.  They do have a FaceBook page, but it seems that has not been updated since Feb 2018.  They do seem to be a very small company at the moment.  

So I won't be holding my breath on this Joi figure or the Officer K figure which I believe was originally slated for Q4 2017 release but is currently still just on pre order everywhere it is advertised.  Latest release info on K I could find is Q1 2019. Neutral

If they are ever produced the prices look ok though with the K figure being advertised for preorder for between $140 and $150. Cool

I would be interested to know if anyone has any of Black Box Toys products?

Paul

There is hope, what you might have found for preorder is actually the 2.0 version of the replicant killer with weathering and additional writings on the jacket but the first version was released, I bought the jacket loose from machinegun's website but passed on the full figure as the headsculpt was way less interesting than on promo shots... But it was released!

I also own the "spectre" 007 figure in blue suit and black coat version, and it is actually very good for a 100$ release.

If my memory is correct it's also them that produced the Drive figure (under BBK brand) which is the base of my custom figure (the outstanding scorpion jacket is from them) Smile

They also released constantine and lucifer from the movie, both are still available, they released the H.R. Giger figure as well as his alien design chair, and more recently they released Lea Seydoux's character from 007 Spectre, most of these are available at machinegun, kghobby, ekiahobbies, onesixthkit, simplehappylife...

So quite reliable, in the end I'm not even sure it is a new company or just a rename of an older one (which happens quite often)

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) JB003

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) JB001

here is James straight out of his box (no alterations at all)

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
So this is from Blade Runner 2049, don't remember her in the black outfit, but, I LIKE HER!!!

That roll neck will stain like crazy, but, I don't care as she won't take it off. My first MIB figure since my last which I think would have been my Enterbay Scarface. Yum!

CHEERS!

JYMachine

JYMachine
Rogerbee wrote:So this is from Blade Runner 2049, don't remember her in the black outfit, but, I LIKE HER!!!

That roll neck will stain like crazy, but, I don't care as she won't take it off. My first MIB figure since my last which I think would have been my Enterbay Scarface. Yum!

CHEERS!

Sorry Rogerbee looks like its going to be a while longer until your next MIB figure. From the couple of vendors I've checked who have it up on PO its just a head sculpt and clothing set . The TBLeague body is not included.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Oh, well, that might not necessarily be a bad thing. As most of her is covered by the black outfit, particularly where her major joints are, you may not need a Phicen. You may be able to get away with a jointed female body as long as the head fits, there are a few that would fit the bill.

Like this maybe:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Verycool-female-body-action-figure-FX01-FX02-tan-pale-skin-busty-UK-stock/222450134203?hash=item33cb0facbbⓂmtNcJ3oU_wQ_BFrZESmQ6UQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUMIK-Toys-1-6-Scale-Female-CG-CY-Girl-Doll-Body-Rubber-Skin-Layer-12-Figure/153329062951?hash=item23b31fd427:g:L0sAAOSw8fRcMHBw

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scale-Nude-Doll-Female-Body-Figures-Middle-Flexible-Action-Gift-For-kids/223165644436?hash=item33f5b57e94Ⓜm6SBKg6MdqHm2PZ95gy--_g

Good to have options.....

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
£90 does seem a lot for a head and gear, but, it is nice!

CHEERS!

brassco

brassco

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134650
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134703
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134722
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134737

At first look, seems not bad, with all accessories as advertised. Not sure if she got a gun, as from the movie, she is merely a virtual reality girl. The transparent yellow shirt seems dirty, but i touch it and it seems to be coated with powder. I shall give it a wash later. Not much challenge to dressing her up (i used a S07, as the hollow boots suggested seemless feet), other than the boots, which may be a bit of a hassle to put on, as the straps are tiny, and it is always not easy to push a seamless leg thru it.

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134121
GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) IMG-20200117-134604

What really strikes me, is the HS. It looked really small!! As you can see from the comparison of a standard HS. The blue hair HS is also on the small side. I was actually thinking of replacing the body to a teenage body, but then the peg wouldn't work, and her clothes would be off.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks quite nice, thanks for sharing the in-hand photos and impressions.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Hmm, have to say, after the promise shown by the prototype, the production items fall way short of the mark. Bond was dead on, but this just seems lackluster by comparison. Can't see myself investing in her somehow.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, I agree with Roger. I was about to take the plunge on this as the sculpts were unusual, until I saw in-hand pics of them loose on eBay and I had second thoughts. The boots don't look that great, either - those clear plastic straps look a bit cheap. The TBL Nancy figure has spoilt me for cool boots, there.

The sculpts being on the small side makes me wonder if they'd look OK on a 24/25 now, though...

Skippy

The boots are actually really good.

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 48670827831_e054de9505_o

The downside with the figure are the small sculpts, though Ana de Armas does appear to have a smallish head. The sculpts mean that the recommended body is useless.

I put her on a Pop Toys Xing semi-seamless, small bust, with the ankle pegs removed.

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 48670827771_2bd574713b_o

The recommended body for comparison:

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 48670934461_1a28f11457_o

The upshot is she's half an inch too short for the actress, so in readiness for the imminent arrival of old Deckard I've put her on a taller stand since the photos were taken.

Despite her literal short comings I like the figure. She looks quite cute, and the transparent yellow jacket makes her distinctive, even though it isn't a great representation of the screen-used jacket.

The actual costume for reference:

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 9a55c210

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 635ade10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the comments and photos, Asta. They do add perspective.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ah, I haven't even seen the movie, so with seeing the actual boots everything makes sense now. In that case I retract my earlier comment. Smile

The heads look a little nicer in your photos too Asta, so I guess this is yet another case of having to juggle with lighting to get good results (no offence intended brassco - I know those are just quick shots to show us the stuff).

I'm warming to the idea of getting an S25 to put one of these sculpts on, now...

Skippy

GeeWillikers wrote:Ah, I haven't even seen the movie, so with seeing the actual boots everything makes sense now. In that case I retract my earlier comment. Smile

The heads look a little nicer in your photos too Asta, so I guess this is yet another case of having to juggle with lighting to get good results (no offence intended brassco - I know those are just quick shots to show us the stuff).

I'm warming to the idea of getting an S25 to put one of these sculpts on, now...

I don't have a proper place to take photos, so it's usually a case of room lighting and camera flash. Sometimes I can get away with that, especially with Hot Toys, but these Joi sculpts aren't so easy.  

GuessMe - NEW PRODUCT: Blackbox 1/6th scale Guess Me Series “Virtual Girl” 12" figure (NSFW warning -- though edited by Manufacturer) 48670827711_332d278314_o

They're identical to the prototype in sculpting, but the production paintwork lets them down a bit.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ah yes, in closeup I can see how poorly-realised the paintwork on the eyes is. Although it doesn't look too bad in the longer shots. Photography is like alchemy though, sometimes magic just happens. Smile

Skippy

GeeWillikers wrote:Ah yes, in closeup I can see how poorly-realised the paintwork on the eyes is. Although it doesn't look too bad in the longer shots. Photography is like alchemy though, sometimes magic just happens. Smile

It's nice when the magic strikes. I astound myself sometimes! Very Happy

That old adage about things looking better in hand goes for many third party figures.

With Hot Toys' eyes you can zoom right in and marvel at the detail, but with something like this it's better to just view it on the shelf with the naked eye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum