OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Includes:

Female Pixie head sculpt
Front Leaf Armor part
Back Leaf Armor part
Movable Wings (pair)
String laces
Armband
Ankle band (pair)
Packaging

NOTE: Character set shown on seamless body PLMB2018-26A
SEAMLESS BODY, HANDS AND FEET NOT INCLUDED

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_11
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_12
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_10
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_14
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_15
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_13
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_16
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ct017_17

#newproduct #CatToys #GreenVersionCharacterSet #Female #Fairy #Fantasy #accessories

brassco

brassco
well, i'm not too keen on the HS, but the leaves designed attire caught my attention. The pictures were taken using S26A? would the attire work on bodies such as S07C?

thks for sharing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Since the body is the really small one that TBLeague just came out with, I really doubt it.

I absolutely LOVE this. Based on the Fairy Tale Fantasies calendar art of JS Campbell, which I'm a big fan of. I think this is awesome. Finally able to use those super tiny bodies, with a head proportioned appropriately; the only thing I can see that needs to be fixed is the leaf suit needs to be "tighter", more form-fitting, like in the artwork (I wonder if it can be heated and molded to fit better...)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is super cute!!! I really like it. I just wish the leaf suit had been fabric rather than plastic. Also kinda funny that the ankle wraps don't actually cover the ankle seams, lol. But otherwise quite adorable. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
First thing came to my mind was... Poison Ivy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And there we go, sixth-scale fairy. Looks like a good enough rendition of an animated character. If there are Barbie versions out there, you might be able to find a cloth suit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm just really glad that sets are starting to be put out for these smaller bodies. I hope it's a trend that continues. Smile

Delanie

Delanie
She's cute but as has been said the suit would have been better if cloth the head could be better if she had implanted hair but nice to see the appropriate size for the body.

not sure I like the hinges on the wings tho' but that could be sorted by covering the solid out fit with fabric 'leaves ' so fixing 2 things at once.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I think the outfit is plastic because it helps hold up the wings better, so covering with fabric would indeed solve the issue while still supporting the wings.

If the sculpted hair doesn’t suit, the head could easily be replaced with one of those cute elf heads ... not the YM Toys ones, but the ones made specifically for these smaller bodies.

Delanie

Delanie
there are smaller elf heads I thought they were all full size

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:there are smaller elf heads I thought they were all full size

These are somewhat smaller than “normal” heads (particularly the blonde one):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t154-new-product-wondery-1-6-interchangeable-ear-female-head-ava-daeris-ep01-ep02?highlight=female+headsculpt

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, they can be found under the name 'Wondery', and are smaller heads with long hair and the removeable elf ears...there's a blond one and a brunette.

Sorry I would have included a link but I was on my phone earlier and in a location with poor wifi/4G.

ETA: whoops, cross-posted with Stryker. : )

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, they can be found under the name 'Wondery', and are smaller heads with long hair and the removeable elf ears...there's a blond one and a brunette.
I was not too keen with the Wondery elf heads. I actually prefer the YM toy elf heads over them (well the elf ears on them are way more pronounced and not as subtle).

Overall, it's not grabbing me and I think the plastic suit and wings throw it off. Maybe use wire and translucent fabric for the wings and definitely fabric for the leaf suit would have been more preferable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I understand what you mean, doodlehobby. It's not an ideal fairy in a realistic sense, but to me it seems more like a cute cartoony 'tinkerbell' type fairy, which also has it's merits. : )

It's funny... I am the complete opposite, I MUCH prefer those Wondery elf heads. I am not a fan of really long sticking out Elf ears, and prefer the more subtle ones. That, and their delicate features are more to my personal tastes... from the pics at least. But I think it's pretty awesome that there even are different elf heads we can choose from. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For those unfamiliar with this design of the character, it's based on the calendar art of J. Scott Campbell:

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  6b8e5610
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Fc91ae10
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Ftf_ti10
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Tinker10

Sideshow is producing a statue of the same in conjunction with the artist:

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  J-scot10
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  J-scot11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the references! It's always helpful to have context when 'judging' these offerings. : )

brassco

brassco
I rather they make the 1/12th version...it would be better as Tinkerbell is supposed to be small...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My head sculpt/costume set arrived a couple days ago. The included neck peg for the head sculpt is actually too big for the suggested TBL neck peg, so I added some foam to the inside as a temporary stop-gap. The body is the S26A (the smallest pale body made by TBL) -- the feet on these are way too big for this body size. The wrists are, as typical, kind of ugly with the puffiness -- so I'll probably get some green fabric, like they did, and add "bracelets" to cover up that seam. Unlike the original design by JS Campbell, the outfit in the back goes up further so they could add the wings (which are on hinges so they can be positioned almost anyway you want, as seen in the Proto pics -- they are a bit loose, so I'll probably have to add a bit of nail polish, or something, to the hinge area to make them a bit stiffer, so they stay in place better. You have to thread the pieces together yourself, which is a bit of pain for someone with arthritis, and diminishing eye sight (have I mentioned getting old sucks?), but on the up-side, they treated the ends of the included green thread so it was actually relatively easy to get the thread through the tiny holes on the hard plastic pieces. Assembly hint -- thread one side and get it into a fairly tight position -- making sure you line everything up on her body appropriately -- then thread the other side and squeeze. You need to squish everything together fairly tightly to get it to look right once you tie the thread off on both sides.

Anyway, here's some quick pics:

Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  _dsc3255
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  _dsc3256
Fairy - NEW PRODUCT: CAT TOYS: [CAT-017A] 1/6 Female Character Set Green Version  Img_8218

Overall, I think she turned out nice. She's very cute, and aside from a couple simple fixes, not bad for $80 -- and at least it's an option for those tiny bodies.

Talon65

She looks pretty good. I too would have preferred her in 1/12 scale and I think the wings would have looked and functioned a lot better with each wing have a ball joint mount instead of a hinge.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks perfect, Mark, well done. I mean both the product and your successful putting it together. Sounds like a somewhat rough process, but it looks like it paid off in the end. Thanks for the review.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum