OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just a little side project while I wait for a new mini drill to continue with my PKA build... Got this HC Toys KO Iron Man MKVI (that's 6 Roger Wink ) to do some work on and mod for a 'removing' armour in/on the walking gantry that I hope to get this month as it's finally being released and made by TYS Toys, not HT. It's not articulated and superbly engineered like the smaller Kings Arms one but it is true 1/6 scale unlike the HT diecast MKVI deluxe edition dio stand.
The HC IM figure is okay, better than their MKXLII version proportion wise but still suffers from loose joints, rubbery plastic that's quite heavy and tends to fall apart. Nothing a bit of glue and paint won't fix except the neck needed some dremel work on the collar to fit properly. It very oddly comes with two pairs of wrist guards attached, the ones attached to the hands are actually War Machine's so I cut them off, cut the correct ones off the suit's 'cuffs' and glued those to the back of the hands instead. The hands are fully articulated but very cheaply pinned together (it's a £50 figure not £300+) and need some TLC with mini vicegrips.. The paint is incorrect, not enough gold and missing some silver (plenty of comparisson pics between it and my HT one below), some overspray and misalignment etc.. corrected some minor bits but needs the airbrush to be honest. The electrics all work fine but do bleed light as expected. Much of the leg engineering has been simplified or no longer is there like the calf flaps or spring loaded moving armour, likewise the chaff deployers are only sculpts that don't deploy.
I'll be mixing and matching some spare bits from my HT version (since he stays displayed in his battle damaged form fighting Whiplash with War Machine on my shelf) and adding magnets to bits so they can be held by the arms of the gantry once I get it. I'll also be modding the gantry a bit to make the arms articulated and probably make more of them too to hold more armour parts.

HC Toys KO HT IM MKVI promo pics:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  M09FJ53

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  1v0tezF

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  XQTyV1C

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  VwarAa5

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  AkuTghx

The double gauntlets oddity..

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  076YjAJ

The Walking Gantry Dio promo pics:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Zni017U

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  KrKjG2y

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  NgQWjOI

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  RryweCQ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  QkKBXrE

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  5lnN2yY

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  HmZar9C

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  RYi6sY7

In hand HC IM pics, mods, fixes and comparisons to the HT version in clean and battle damaged armour (HT on the right).

After some mods to the HC figure:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  N6sRs9n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  AyVKwlB

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  UXnYKGw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  MUPmzqx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  NosLAkr

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  0gvh5Mf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  P1gaZsZ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  PI56ZuZ

BD HT MKVI now on the left:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  R746cRd

All the pics are a bit arsebackwards since I took them after I had done mods, then decided to do a thread so had to take them both apart again and reverse build each one for comparisons etc.. What a Face  Wink

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  1sguqem

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  MBAOF0q

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  QQH1fPF

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  SFAlGz5

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  2QCBCSN

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  VN8c3kc

HC and HT legs are interchangable, I think the rest is too like the arms etc.. I know the hands and heads/necks are.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  YUeCWtm

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  YD4WyIw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  KqET8Qb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  LOBhDO0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  QcdTex5

Modded collar with dremel.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  DzGy8Hh

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  QEc6gFg

Pauldrons attached differently and in the wrong place, need to fix this this, using bluetack in the comparison pics.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  92sul9O

Flaps on the back all work but fall off but that's okay.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  1xIGyNI

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  QaI6nip

Accessories (forearm missiles swap out like the HT version) and dismantled parts..

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  IGuNKYP

Helmet and neck comparison with HT on right:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  JIAJycT

Spare HT Parts for MKVI:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  GUHNTzL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  TPMARUd

Bare Chest comparison, HT on left, arc reactor is upside down on HC.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  RHkrxGb

This arm needed filing to fit cover properly.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Hq05wYO

This arm needed the elbow joint glued back in, both elbow pads broke off but fixed them, joints need tightening with nail varnish.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Q69bMBE

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  KVTmHP4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  AtBYu8J

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  GcZfitF

Definitely needs sunglasses!  Laughing

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Rro1WeB

Stuff...HT with BD parts on so I know what is free to use, might use the HT helmeted face too keeping the BD version with a closed face plate..

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  FnOkpWQ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  OatwTXE

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  IVA1vMk

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You’ve been busy, Alex. Very cool build. Nice job on all the alterations.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:You’ve been busy, Alex. Very cool build. Nice job on all the alterations.

Cheers! Still plenty to do yet, dreading the paint! LOL.

Peaches

Peaches
So cool. It's weird (remember I'm new, LOL) how rough the interiors are when contrasted to the finly finished exterior. LOL, I would take that away with me eh?

Are the battle damaged areas your artwork (didn't understand, sorry) Looks great!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting presentation and comparisons. I'm glad I wasn't imagining things when I thought HC got some elements put in the wrong way. With the gauntlets (on probably other versions) I figured simply detaching and swapping the lower arms often corrected the wrong mounting -- but that only works if they supplied one of each (and again, perhaps it was more complicated on this version).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Peaches wrote:So cool. It's weird (remember I'm new, LOL) how rough the interiors are when contrasted to the finly finished exterior.  LOL, I would take that away with me eh?

Are the battle damaged areas your artwork (didn't understand, sorry)  Looks great!

Thanks! The battle damage is the HT version which also turns into the 'clean' version by swapping out a lot of parts that come with the figure, can't take any credit for that work!LOL. The HC may end up slightly weathered when I'm done to hide some of it's casting flaws etc.. and I hate painting gold, one of the hardest colours to get a good finish with over a larger area. It's bit like painting chrome, the metal content of the paint is so high that it never seems to have enough adhesive properties to to cure/set/dry properly.

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting presentation and comparisons. I'm glad I wasn't imagining things when I thought HC got some elements put in the wrong way. With the gauntlets (on probably other versions) I figured simply detaching and swapping the lower arms often corrected the wrong mounting -- but that only works if they supplied one of each (and again, perhaps it was more complicated on this version).

Yeah it was a very odd choice, I don't think they had a complete HT figure to make moulds of, they must have been missing the correct hands and improvised by using War Machine ones not bothering to remove the incorrect gauntlets even though they are cast separately scratch , then added some MKIV gauntlets that don't have the articulated parts with slide out laser modules like the MKVI does. Some sort of communication breakdown between the factory and HC I'd imagine and it was too late after they had assembled thousands of these to correct! Easy fix though.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Spent this morning redoing the HC exposed circuitry chest paint work and modded the arc reactor. It was upside down so corrected that, it was too thick with flash blocking parts so took a scalpel to it, then blacked out the inner triangle etc..

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  HsMrXcY

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  T5912TB

The correct way up!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  HgxeIGC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  L0F9Cl3

Reactor element compared to HT's before mods:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  KctpjNY

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  TUFIRPj

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  XqPuJVu

Scalpel work done:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  M5KlJJL

Had to clean this up too:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  VkYTVl1

Done for now:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  LzwJxbs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  YeJL1qJ

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  DTDoD3y

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  9zDXcR7

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work on repositioning all that.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice work on repositioning all that.

Thanks Mark, that was the easy part! Trying to trim down that tiny arc reactor is bloody hard and I can now see in the blown up pics where it looks a bit rough but in reality I can barely get the tip of a very acute scalpel blade in those gaps, no needle file or bit of sandpaper would ever fit.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Neat mods,

I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between the HC and HT, apart maybe from the Tony HS.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If I had your skills I would be tempted to attempt the repositioning of the reactor triangle myself but I don't want to mess up completely. So in that detail, I will be living vicariously through you. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Neat mods,

I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between the HC and HT, apart maybe from the Tony HS.

CHEERS!

LOL! You always said you can't tell one IM armour from another anyway! Wink Yeah, that head is pretty rough by today's standards but I'm sure I'll get some use out of it on another Tony after a repaint and added glasses.

GubernatorFan wrote:If I had your skills I would be tempted to attempt the repositioning of the reactor triangle myself but I don't want to mess up completely. So in that detail, I will be living vicariously through you. Smile

If you just want to flip it the right way up there's not too much work, I haven't covered all of it here as you need to pop off the reactor itself and cut off a tab then put it back on the other way with a dab of glue which is pretty simple TBH. The fussy stuff is the scalpel work which I've done more of since those last pics.

I've been trying different gold applications with varying degrees of success so far on his arms and legs using markers then paint etc.. I don't have any gold for the airbrush as that takes a special finely ground mix so it won't block up or just 'rain' watery paint droplets.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Apart from a few colour variations, what are the real differences anyway!? Only diehard fans would really know. Or would they all be watching Bruce Willis!?

CHEER!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Apart from a few colour variations, what are the real differences anyway!? Only diehard fans would really know. Or would they all be watching Bruce Willis!?

CHEER!

TBH I'm a huge fan of the suits but don't know what some of them are designed for! Basically he went on an introverted bender absorbed in his work and building his own collection for any possible scenario and since he also builds/collects beautiful bikes and cars I think some suits were just built because he thought they looked cool.

More scalpel work on the arc reactor as mentioned. I'm using the gold as a foundation layer right now and using super fine gritted pads to smooth it out physically, appearance wise it looks rough but it's not. I'll then use some special Vallejo Air polished gold paint I just ordered with my airbrush which should give as close to a pristine finish as I'll be able to get without electro plating it which is far too much work!! Wink

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Yu9tlnn

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  NoapRd4

Used paint:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  9KtodDs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  6OCl7V4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  XjqV0Zf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  3eiVthO

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  GmtyUvS

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Ct7miA6

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  BpMOvjs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  SchEKT1

Paint just ordered to spray over the 'primer' layer.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  XjzUX7W

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Another masterpiece in the offing methinks!

'Just because they look cool..' That's the rationale behind the vast majority of what comes out of Hollywood these days. I too like the IM suits, but, I stuck to my favourite, which is the Mk42.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Another masterpiece in the offing methinks!

'Just because they look cool..' That's the rationale behind the vast majority of what comes out of Hollywood these days. I too like the IM suits, but, I stuck to my favourite, which is the Mk42.

CHEERS!

More of a make over than master piece! Laughing Hollywood has always been about what looks cool at the time! Every movie star from there has been a glamour icon or suave idol of their times, that's the fantasy and 'American Dream' it's built on... a bit like Disneyland without the Nazi mouse creator.
Ironically the MK42 is my least favourite suit, I only have it in the Power Pose version and use Pepper Potts' helmeted head for it as that's the only armour you see her in so far, looks great with my Die Cast MK43 on the same base and both helmets open showing them as a couple fighting together.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  GGLXk8F

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Es98gfe

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  DOB76WV

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  HaeDGRQ

I forced the leg parts into bits to get at the hinges and to make painting easier/better. I had to very carefully use a chisel to pry loose the glued in joint stems, if you plan to do this expect something to break at some point! The joints are nice and stiff now and I discovered there are thigh swivel joints too! silver and gold paint next.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  BAcJU9w

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  V8LDDjs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  ZqkRun3

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  ENapUwP

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  7Vn4Lgf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  FE1IzXw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  3fU1vi0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  ToPOwqw

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'd probably have a panic attack if I broke something while taking it apart. I almost fainted when I saw that... Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:I'd probably have a panic attack if I broke something while taking it apart. I almost fainted when I saw that... Wink

scratch I'd already fixed the broken part (a swivel hoop on one of the hinges) before I took the pics! Laughing Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ouch!

It's only as you get older that the rose tint of the Hollywood dream wears off. You start to see behind the shine, get more savvy about what you're spoonfed by the hype teams.

I liked Iron Man on his own, the team up movies never appealed, they look more like arcade games than movies. Fast moving eye candy for a goldfish generation.

The movies I respect and admire were done when the only thing done on a keyboard was the script

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Ouch!

It's only as you get older that the rose tint of the Hollywood dream wears off. You start to see behind the shine, get more savvy about what you're spoonfed by the hype teams.

I liked Iron Man on his own, the team up movies never appealed, they look more like arcade games than movies. Fast moving eye candy for a goldfish generation.

The movies I respect and admire were done when the only thing done on a keyboard was the script

CHEERS!

As you get older the entire idea of life changes as you are disillusioned by experience, disappointments, betrayals etc.. That's why movies exist (entertainment in all forms) generally to try and ignore reality for a bit, or in my case make a lifestyle out of avoiding reality any more! Twisted Evil
Without CGI a lot of that wouldn't be possible to our modern brains that evolve and need more convincing visual tricks to allow escapism to work. What would LOTR be with out CGI for example? Or Iron Man? Star Wars is probably the only pre CGI science fiction to have really pulled it off but then they did have very basic CGI with lightsabers, hyperspace, weapons fire etc.. it was mostly due to the fantastic model makers and new innovative camera tricks and lenses etc..
I agree about the team up movies but they're still fun! Most importantly for me is that without them we wouldn't have gotten a modern Hulk Buster, MK45, MK46, HBMK2 and the MK50! Wink

Back to the build, not much to report other than even special airbrush gold is difficult to use but the finish will be worth it! Silver after I've done the gold...then clear coat.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  CCag9mL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Ij9wx8q

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  NAA80Cw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  Xtjf2AJ

This is the scene from the movie I'm going to replicate:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum