OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TBLeague 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure

Item No: PL2018-115
Bar code:0 614614 988656

Hercules, son of Zeus and the mortal Alcmene is one of the most famous Greek heroes of all time. Angered by Zeus’ betrayal, Hera sent two snakes to kill Hercules in his crib while he was still an infant. But Hercules was so incredibly strong and fearless that he strangled the snakes before they could kill him. Later Hercules was ordered by Apollo to perform 12 heroic labors that made him famous and granted him immortality among the God of Olympus.

赫拉克勒斯(Ηρακλής),是古希腊神话中最伟大的英雄。
是主神宙斯与阿尔克墨涅之子,因其出身而受到宙斯的妻子赫拉的憎恶。
他神勇无比、力大无穷,后来他完成了12项被誉为“不可能完成”的任务,
除此之外他还解救了被缚的普罗米修斯,隐藏身份参加了伊阿宋的英雄冒险队并协助他取得金羊毛。
赫拉克勒斯英明一世,却最终遭第二任妻子误会,并在他的衣服上涂了毒,难耐痛苦而自焚身亡,
死后升入奥林匹斯圣山,成为大力神,他惩恶扬善,敢于斗争。

在如今的西方世界,赫拉克勒斯一词已经成为了大力士和壮汉的同义词。

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TB League male seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x lion headgear
5) 1 pair x feet in shoes with long shafts
6) 1 x belt
7) 1 x waistband
Cool 1 pair x forearm armors
9) 1 x right shoulder armor
10) 1 x strap for upper body
11) 1 x shield
12) 1 x men’s brief
13) 1 x leather skirt
14) 1 x long sword
15) 1 x wolf's fangs mace
16) 1 x dagger with sheath
17) 1 x base
1 product/individual box
GW: 2 .6kg
Measurements: 24 .5cm * 15cm * 38 cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 11.6 kg
Measurements: 51 cm * 32cm * 40 cm
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522410
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522511
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522510
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522610
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522710
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522810
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522910
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16522911
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523010
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523110
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523210
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523310
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523410
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523411
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523510
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523610
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523710
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523810
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 16523811
#newproduct #tbleague #phicen #myth #film

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for posting, Stryker. Nice to get the full range of promotional images. I know we were speculating about this being based on comics, but the mug looks like the Rock's and he did do one of these obscure recent Hercules movies (the other one was with Kellan Lutz). The figure looks pretty well done, although I am wondering about the sculpted edge of the lionhead, where it meets the mane (does it have ears?). And still curious if they are using the M34 or the forthcoming M35 body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Judging by the muscle definition on the legs, I'm guessing it's the M35. I can't see any ears on the lion, which is unfortunate. I will say, this is the first time I have a complaint about rooted hair (which I am a big supporter of), as it looks more like a wig; maybe if it's thinned down, not only will it look better, but the lion head piece will sit better. I am a little surprised in a way that they went with Dwayne's visage, as their ARH's statue of Hercules looks like this except for perhaps the mug. (Maybe they figure with DJ's popularity and the recent film, it would help sell the figure better). Either way, it's tempting. (Now if TBL would just make Irina Shayk as Megara and Ingrid Bolsø Berdal as Atalanta):
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) Irina_10
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) Ingrid10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
One miscalculation can kill a thing like this, and that's perching a complete lion's head way up above his own head, like some kind of weird two headed Totem.  How does the darn thing even stay up when he just walks?

Classical renditions looked relatively normal (as normal as Herc is going to look wearing a lion's skin for a hat).  Even the Rock himself had the lion's head down, much less improbable, much less ridiculous.  I can't take this figure seriously.

myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 41485300162_c9f3d5defdmyth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 39717305630_a127fe152e_c
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 41526388901_c84e942cbd_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good suggestions, Stryker. And good catch, MBAM. Not only does the lion head have ears in real life (or real film), but yes, of course the head should lie much lower than it does on the figure. I think I was focusing more on the look and quality of the lion head than on the way it was being worn.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I hope it comes with "junk".

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I hope it comes with "junk".

If it is like their first Hercules or their Death Dealer, if I recall correctly they were incomplete in that sense. But any other TBLeague male seamless base body come complete (except M31), and you can also pick up any missing bits online (I think that was a response to M31).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yet again it has the one major bugbear I have with the majority of muscle bodies, the lack of painted nipples. We all have them and on bare chested male characters there really is no excuse for not painting them in. It's what stops the bodies looking rubbery and toy like. Worldbox and KP do include them and it's silly of others not to.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Yet again it has the one major bugbear I have with the majority of muscle bodies, the lack of painted nipples. We all have them and on bare chested male characters there really is no excuse for not painting them in. It's what stops the bodies looking rubbery and toy like. Worldbox and KP do include them and it's silly of others not to. CHEERS!

I agree, although I'm sure they are saying it keeps the cost down. Then again, it didn't stop them from coloring the hair on the "secret male part" (wherever they did provide that). One should not have to do it as a modification when faced with these price points, but it is doable. Mix some silicon paint pigment with some silicon glue (the kind used for caulking), paint, and let it cure. The result is usually pretty good (I do it to all my seamless bodies), and if you mess up, you can usually peel it off (with some effort) and redo it. Proceed at own risk.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
And there you have it, proceed at own risk. The manufacturer should really have taken that risk.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:And there you have it, proceed at own risk. The manufacturer should really have taken that risk. CHEERS!

I haven't had any trouble, but the effectiveness depends on what paint (I started with acrylics, but then discovered silicon pigment works better, duh!) and how much of it you mix with the silicon. The early attempts (with acrylics) were sturdy enough to stay but also easy enough to remove when I went around to redo them (with silicon pigment). I haven't tried to remove the latter, and it might be even more permanently ensconced. That's why I said proceed at your own risk -- depends on what you used as pigment and as silicone.

But you're right, TBLeague should do that part. They do paint (faintly) the female equivalents.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I've always been wary of rubber/silicon bodies anyway and would probably look to WB for an equiavalent.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
A bit disappointing to see this.  I don't think the hair is that bad, and any complaints above can probably be address by just styling it a bit.  But the lion's head is pretty ridiculous.  I love the idea of it, and it looked good in that first pic (my memory fails me, but I think it was from photos someone here took at a show?) but in these pics its just HUGE.  Everything else looks pretty solid though.  And I like that he looks like The Rock.  I ended up enjoying the hell out of that movie, and thought it was clever the way they weaved the myths with the more realistic portrayals of those mythical events.  Or how he used his crew to project this exaggerated perception of him.  I don't remember it being very well received, but I think its kinda underrated (and it seems, so do the people at TBLeague) and more fun that it gets credit for.  And Ian McShane as Amphiaraus is so enjoyable, you could watch for that alone.

Also, really interesting advice GF on painting Silicon bodies. I really might need to give that a shot!

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Also, really interesting advice GF on painting Silicon bodies.  I really might need to give that a shot!

If you do, I recommend getting a little trial kit from SilcPig (which stands for silicone pigment) -- it is affordable and has a range of basic colors that suffices -- and mixing that with the silicone glue. Silicone pigments will not cure (dry) if used directly by themselves. There are other options, too.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Also, really interesting advice GF on painting Silicon bodies.  I really might need to give that a shot!

If you do, I recommend getting a little trial kit from SilcPig (which stands for silicone pigment) -- it is affordable and has a range of basic colors that suffices -- and mixing that with the silicone glue. Silicone pigments will not cure (dry) if used directly by themselves. There are other options, too.

I actually have that same kit! I was doing a bunch of experimenting with silicon to make tentacles a little ways back, a project that I eventually need to get back to. I had a good silicon adhesive too, that I need to replace. But you might have lit the fire to break that stuff back out.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:I actually have that same kit!  I was doing a bunch of experimenting with silicon to make tentacles a little ways back, a project that I eventually need to get back to.  I had a good silicon adhesive too, that I need to replace.  But you might have lit the fire to break that stuff back out.

Great. Well, my little helper will be shirtless in a few minutes (not gratuitously -- but due to intense physical labor required to showcase a new Hobby Lobby find), so you'll be able to judge for yourself. Wink I just don't want to get a reputation as a fire-starter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just FYI, heard that this has been pulled due to a licensing issue with ARH. It will be revised (I’m guessing the HS to reflect the ARH look of Hercules), and re-issued after the changes are made.

myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) C8485110

MarkEl

So none were released and sent out? Many of the eBay sellers were portraying this as an in stock item over the last few days . Maybe they were playing with the shipping date ranges.

I wonder if they will raise the price to make up for the production and time loss of manufacturing a head sculpt they can’t sell without being sued.

1/6 business intrigue. Always interesting.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
So weird, that they would unnecessarily pay ARH Studios to license a character who is as public domain as you get -- Hercules -- and then revert to a (presumably unlicensed) celebrity headsculpt from the Hercules movie version. And then have to change it, for some reason.

All the TBL licenses from ARH seem kind of strange to me because the "characters" are fairly generic. They exist because ARH studios made great statues of them but of themselves, they're not distinctive characters nor do they have any kind of fan following. "Arhian" had a couple of comics to support the statue but nothing that the average comic fan would recognize. I don't think TBL is going to get any extra sales from licensing Arhian or Arkhalla that they wouldn't have had anyway if they just made another TBL generic figure "Barbarian Queen" or "Vampire Queen."

On the other hand ARH Studios have pretty great talent sculpting-wise, so TBL could benefit from them as sculptors more than as character creators. There's no indication the ARH Sculptors have any involvement on the sculpting side of the TBL figures tho.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From what I've heard thru the grapevine (take that for what it is), the biggest change, of course, will be replacing the head sculpt with something that looks more like the ARH Herc; and possibly making adjustments to the lion headdress (what that would be, not sure). Hopefully they'll add ears to the lion and make it so it doesn't sit up so ridiculously high. (But then, the head-piece on the ARH statue sticks up crazy high, also. They should make it more like Dwayne's.)

myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 2b035510
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 60063a10
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) De9a3910
myth - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague(PHICEN) 1/6 Scale Hercules Action Figure (Pulled per TBL for revisions) 13343110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum