OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION

PRODUCT CODE SA0031S
PRODUCT NAME Themistokles 2.0 (300 : ROE)
SCALE 1/6 SCALE (APPROX. 30 CM HEIGHT)
SERIES MY FAVOURITE MOVIE SERIES

The 1/6th scale General Themistokles Collectible figure features:
-1:6th scale body, approximately 30 cm tall with over 30 points of articulation
- Fully realized authentic likeness of Sullivan Stapleton as General Themistokles in the movie "300 : Rise of an Empire" in 2014 with accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture
-Each head sculpt is specifically hand-painted

HEADS:
1. Two (2) interchangeable portrait heads; one with a calm expression and one with a yelling expression.

PARTS:
- Four (4) interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of open hands;
- One (1) right hand for holding sword or dagger
- One (1) left hand for holding shield

COSTUME:
- One (1) Athenian shorts (ABS)
- One (1) Blue cloak
- One (1) set leg greaves
- One (1) set arm bracers
- One (1) brooch
- One (1) Belt
- Two (2) scabbards (sculpted on belt)
- One (1) pair sandals (sculpted on feet)

ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) Helmet
- One (1) Sword
- One (1) Dagger
- One (1) Shield
- One (1) Bow
- One (1) Arrow

FIGURE STAND
One (1) Plastic stand with waist clip.

Release Date: Q2, 2019 (Limited Edition with 250 pcs)

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

300: Rise of an Empire characters, names and related indicia are (C) & TM Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..
TM & (C) WBEI (s19)

(C) 2019 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20460210
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20460810
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20461310
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20461910
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20462510
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20463110
StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 20463610

#newproduct #StarAce #300 #RiseoftheEmpire #Themistokles #male #movie #historical-fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, they should have included the normal head sculpt (not that it looks spot on!) with the original release. How many of us are so in love with this movie (which makes a travesty of history) or with its characters and actors to go for that? But I suppose those who are, get another chance of getting something they might have missed, and a better version, too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If it had actually looked like Sullivan Stapleton, I might have been interested, then I would have made a Damien Scott (assuming I could find a Philip Winchester to go along with him), for a Strike Back display.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:If it had actually looked like Sullivan Stapleton, I might have been interested, then I would have made a Damien Scott (assuming I could find a Philip Winchester to go along with him), for a Strike Back display.

I have always thought of doing exactly that. Smile Don't know if a head sculpt of Philip Winchester exists, but I am pretty convinced that the head from my Head Conversion tutorial is another rendition of Sullivan Stapleton.

blackpool

blackpool
I’m still under the shock of seeing his huuuuuuuuuge helmet... it’s 1/4th scale or my eyes are lying to me?

shazzdan

shazzdan
The two most important things - the shield and helmet - are done poorly.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I'm just wondering, was Themistokles 1.0 a big hit that merits this 2.0 release? Now with a new but unimpressive head?
At least they could've fixed the freakish-looking shouting head!
I am constantly reminded of Doug Jones' Ice Cream (slender) Man in Legion (2010).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Q7apxWucc

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL they did overdo the shouting open-mouth expression a bit. And yes, I also thought they could have made that a bit better.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
While I am not very impressed by the figure, I do think the design of the muscled body is interesting and unique to any I recall seeing before. I'm guessing it's probably not the greatest quality compared to an actual seamless body, nor even compared to other jointed bodies out there, but I still thought the design was an interesting attempt to make a jointed body look less like one. :p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
One of the things they didn’t do in the photos was show how the knees will look bent. I’m going to guess, not so good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:One of the things they didn’t do in the photos was show how the knees will look bent. I’m going to guess, not so good.

lolol, that was my thought exactly. Hence why I said it was an interesting 'attempt'. ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, with figures showing this much skin, using a TBLeague or Jiaou body should be a no-brainer. Bent knees? No problem. Smile

StarAce - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Themistokles 2.0 Sgow0910

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, yeah, of course, that's the body that makes the most sense here. But I still find it interesting to see other 'solutions' for seamless or psuedo-seamless bodies.

And that's a very nice pic, as always! : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And that's a very nice pic, as always! : )

Thank you kindly. It came from the set of photos for the review of TBLeague's "Spartan Goddess of War," HERE. I never owned the original Themistokles set, so this was just a kitbash with a few parted out pieces.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And HERE is the Star Ace Queen Gorgo review, with the Hot Toys Leonidas and the kitbashed part-Star Ace Themistokles again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum