OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION

PRODUCT CODE SA0038S
PRODUCT NAME Queen Gorgo 2.0 (Armor version)
SCALE 1/6 SCALE (APPROX. 29 CM HEIGHT)
SERIES MY FAVOURITE MOVIE SERIES

The 1/6th scale Queen Gorgo 2.0 (Armor version) Collectible figure features:
-1:6th scale body, approximately 29 cm tall with over 30 points of articulation
- Fully realized authentic likeness of Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo in the movie "300 Rise of an Empire" with accurate facial expression and detailed skin texture
-Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted with a combination of rooted and sculpted hair

PARTS:
- Four (4) interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of open hands;
- One (1) right hand for holding sword
- One (1) left hand for holding shield

COSTUME:
- One (1) Black dress
-One (1) set leg greaves
-One (1) set arm bracers
-One (1) wolf teeth necklace
-One (1) scabbard

ACCESSORIES:
- One (1) Sword
- One (1) Shield
- One (1) Gold arm band
- Two (2) Gold earrings

FIGURE STAND
One (1) Plastic stand with waist clip.

Release Date: Q2, 2019 (Limited Edition of 250pcs)
**PROTOTYPE SHOWN, FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT
**PRODUCT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

300 Rise of an Empire characters, names and related indicia are (C) & TM Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..
TM & (C) WBEI (s19)

(C) 2019 Star Ace Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 1492
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 2208
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 3178
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 4164
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 5160
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 6154
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 7149
NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 8142

#newproduct #StarAce #300 #RiseoftheEmpire #female #QueenGorgo #movie #historical-fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is it just me, or does this look slightly more like the actress than the previous version? Of course, one would be wise to wait for in-hand photos. Of course the whole get up is ridiculous, but they are trying to recreate what we saw onscreen.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I kind of thought that at first, but I think it's the same sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stupid movie but the gear is a decent representation of what she had in the scene. Head sculpt doesn't work for me.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a strange looking headsculpt. If I had not been told who it was supposed to be, I would never have guessed. O.o

It looks like they tried to do something similar as Asmus' solution to the Arwen headsculpt's hairstyle. But something about the shape of it combined with the poufy hair in the back just looks .... odd.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, but by all accounts Asmus' Arwen worked well. This one, if it is like the first version (which I have reviewed on this site almost a year ago) did not.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, but by all accounts Asmus' Arwen worked well. This one, if it is like the first version (which I have reviewed on this site almost a year ago) did not.

Oh yes, definitely -- from Stryker's pics of the Arwen I thought it worked well, too.  : )

And I see now this is a 2.0 version, which I hadn't realized at first. I am kind of baffled as even as out of the loop of popular culture that I am, I would never have thought this movie would have merited any collectible figures at all, let alone two 1/6 versions of the characters... ;p

ETA:

Ok, I looked up the other version, and now I'm even more confused. The title is what is throwing me off I think... is this meant to be her in the actual 300 movie?? Or is there some sequel to the 300?? what is with the 'rise of the empire' subtitle??

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, my Young Jedi, there are indeed 2 movies: “300” & “300: Rise of the Empire”. 300 was first, and Rise sort of runs partly consecutively to the former, and then continues after the the final events. If you’re obsessed with historical accuracy, you won’t like these movies. If you understand these are based on a stylized comic book’s “loose interpretation” of history, they’re actually pretty entertaining — though not great — and very violent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" Queen Gorgo (Armor Version) 2.0 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh, my Young Jedi, there are indeed 2 movies: “300” & “300: Rise of the Empire”. 300 was first, and Rise sort of runs partly consecutively to the former, and then continues after the the final events. If you’re obsessed with historical accuracy, you won’t like these movies. If you understand these are based on a stylized comic book’s “loose interpretation” of history, they’re actually pretty entertaining — though not great — and very violent.

Ah, ok, thank you for the explanation: that's what I was guessing, but the titles of these figures were confusing me a bit.  Razz

I saw the original 300 movie back in the day, and it was indeed very entertaining. I recall my ex and his buddies liking it, and I myself rather enjoyed Gerard Butler. ;D

Of course, I knew it was based on a comic series, and was therefore not expecting something historically accurate. But even so, I had by that time read 'Gates of Fire', and so, even taking the historical side out of it, just as a story I found myself thinking constantly how much more interesting and what a better take on the subject that book was. ;p It was very similar to how I felt about that ridiculous 'King Arthur' movie with Clive Owen.... I couldn't help but compare it to certain military historical fiction type Arthurian series I had read, such as the Camulod Chronicles and the Winter King series, all of which were so much more compelling.

As someone with Persian heritage, I was also extremely confused by the appearance of the 'Persians' in it.... I realized they were going for this over-the-top, pulp-y style of villains of the comics, but at the same time, it bore so little resemblance to actual ancient Persian culture or aesthetic that it was distracting at best. O.o

I've not been much paying much attention to Hollywood film releases for the last, oh, eight years or more now, and was not even really aware that a sequel to the original film had been made.... until I saw these 1/6 figures. As I'd never even heard anyone speaking of the sequel one way or another, I presumed it must have been forgettable at best, and thus was confused why there were so many versions of these figures. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum