OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PL2019-137
Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Price:159USD

Packing list:

1) 1 × TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
2) 1 × head sculpt
3) 3 pairs × interchangeable hands with open-fingered gloves
4) 1 pair × feet with shoes
5) 1 × helmet
6) 1 × bikini style chest guard
7) 1 pair × shoulder armors
Cool 1 × armored neck collar
9) 1 × waist armor and bikini style bottom
10) 1 pair × leg armors
11) 1 pair × forearm armors
12) 1 pair × knee armors
13) 1 × shield
14) 1 × sword
15) 1 × cloak

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 1497
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 2245
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 3181
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 4167
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 5163
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 6157
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 7152
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 8145
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 9140

#newproduct #TBLeague #SoldierStrange #female #fantasy #warrior

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I really don't know what to think of this. Perhaps a few bits and pieces could be useful for the crab armor I have been intending to put together. Smile

Delanie

Delanie
same old, same old, isn't this fighter woman or one of the others rehashed?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:same old, same old, isn't this fighter woman or one of the others rehashed?

Yep. It’s pretty much Demon Huntress redux, with a couple minor changes. There’s so many other options out there for them to explore, yet they’re at the point where they just recycle the same figures. If they want to stick to scantily clad females, I don’t have a problem with them that, but how about Barbarella, Raquel Welch from 1,000,000 BC, Caroline Munroe and Jane Seymour from their respective Sinbad movies... Since they’ve moved into video game characters — there’s about a half dozen they can do from Dead Or Alive alone. But this is like the 3rd or 4th rehash I’ve seen in the last year or so, it’s getting boring.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

brassco

brassco
i guessed Phicen realised that such women warriors theme figures fetch sales, therefore yet another familiar design...maybe we should all give this one a miss, so Phicen might actually spend money on licensed figures?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, there is only so much 'ridiculous generic fantasy armour' my eyes can take... Rolling Eyes

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

JYMachine

JYMachine
Beautiful but bland head sculpt. The shield has an interesting face though. TBLeague appear to be sticking to the line-up shown at last year's SHCC event so hopefully Kier isn't too far behind. That's a bit different at least.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JYMachine wrote:Beautiful but bland head sculpt. The shield has an interesting face though. TBLeague appear to be sticking to the line-up shown at last year's SHCC event so hopefully Kier isn't too far behind. That's a bit different at least.

I’m holding out for that one myself. If they team up with Sideshow to do more from The Court of the Dead, I’d be all in.

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I really dug this figure. I've never been much of a fan of previous TBLeague warriors, I kinda liked their design but not that much to make me buy it, but this one is the first to catch my eyes. Maybe it's because it looks like the armors from Lineage2, a game I played for many years. This shield is really neat and the sword is pretty cool too. This one is a PO for me.
I recognize it lacks armor parts but with some creativity and a few extra bits and it should do the trick.

MerylAkiba

I see some reused parts:

-galaxy soldiers feet heels (better than the crusader)
-Shoulder armor has the new snap band akin to Lady bat.( I prefer the Athena and Fighter style version, or Huntress and Demon Huntress Shoulder short coat style)
-the sword looks similar to Lucifer version.
-hands appear the same as Pugatori and Lady bat.

I do like the Chitin armor pattern throughout the figure. I wonder if this type of prickly pattern will show up in later tbleague figures.

I have to kick myself for showing restraint and finding interest when they become hard to find.  I might and probably will get this, I just hope a cooler/ more awesome-er version doesn't show up down the road in years to come( like Silver huntress, or Wonder Woman, or Black Widow, or Vampirella, or Lady Death, or Red Sonja.)

brassco

brassco
Formula for making a selling figure:

1. Helmet, preferably with horns
2. Beautiful face sculpt HS
3. Skimpy outfit
4. Minimal Armor
5. Strange but fascinating weapons

so 4/5 for this one. And they don't even bother to give this a better name...Soldier Strange? Hey look! That figure seems strange! I'm so going to get this to satisfy my curiosity!!!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I guess the merit and appeal of something like this does depend on how into collecting tbleague releases one is .... and since I have almost zero interest in those to begin with, it already is at perhaps an unfair disadvantage in my eyes. ;p

There probably are some interesting uses for parts of the armour, and the headsculpt could potentially be more interesting on a different figure.

And that’s just my problem ... I can almost never look at these and think that it would be something I’d want to display ‘as -is’.... I only look at them for pieces I could use for kitbashes or customs. But again , that’s because my focus is on making figures atm. When I do collect them , it’s usually totally different types of characters .

I’ve not got anything against half-nude ladies or pin-up style figures, but I guess my preferences when it comes to such an aesthetic are totallly different. I’d rather have something with a little more historical, cultural, or artistic value. It would be far more appealing to me to just take a regular nude tbleague body as a base and create my own figure than to be bound by tbleague’s (very limited) vision. I know many people here collect tbleague boxed figures, but it’s an area of collecting I struggle to understand — and no, I’m not part of the demographic it’s aimed at, but even so, if one wants to go all ‘male gaze-y’ or ‘pulp fiction-y’ in their figures, I’d still find something with a bit more cultural or artistic relevance more appealing. Like Frank Frazetta-style Conan and his various conquests or something. I can really dig that aesthetic when done well ( and I loved Ephiane’s take on it).

I like fantasy. I’m a straight lady, but hell, I don’t even mind voluptuous pin-up ladies on occasion. But it’s just the generic and (sorry!) tacky nature of many (not all, but many) of these things that I find so off-putting. I feel like if one is gonna go all fetish-y, at least do it with some artistry and style. Rolling Eyes Razz /rant over

shazzdan

shazzdan
brassco wrote:Formula for making a selling figure:

1. Helmet, preferably with horns
2. Beautiful face sculpt HS
3. Skimpy outfit
4. Minimal Armor
5. Strange but fascinating weapons

so 4/5 for this one. And they don't even bother to give this a better name...Soldier Strange? Hey look! That figure seems strange! I'm so going to get this to satisfy my curiosity!!!

Yep. As long as this stuff sells, they will keep churning it out. I wouldn't mind if these sales gave them more resources to put towards more interesting products.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I'm digging this one. She looks like a villain to me, and that's something I can always use.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Here are some of my in-hand shots of her - the level of detail on her armor is very good, and I really love her portrait...

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 48449418457_78a0bac875_k

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 48449260626_f40b7b79f0_k

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 48449260156_ce35da09a2_k

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 48449258981_b397566887_k

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: Soldier Strange 1/6 Scale Action Figure 48449415422_a86cb702ff_k

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Your photos are astonishing. Beautiful posing, composition and lighting. A true professional work. Kudos.

Now I'm sad for giving up on PO'ing it. This figure's gear is indeed very detailed. Just wished the armour on the leg was closed on the back or had some straps to hold the part and look more "believable" (I know, I know... still...). This opened part got me a wee bit bothered. As for the rest, it's pretty awesome. If I see it in stock, I may consider buying it.

Thank you for sharing your work.

desertdragon

desertdragon
FreakinLobster wrote:Your photos are astonishing. Beautiful posing, composition and lighting. A true professional work. Kudos.

Now I'm sad for giving up on PO'ing it. This figure's gear is indeed very detailed. Just wished the armour on the leg was closed on the back or had some straps to hold the part and look more "believable" (I know, I know... still...). This opened part got me a wee bit bothered. As for the rest, it's pretty awesome. If I see it in stock, I may consider buying it.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Wow - thank you so much FL! And I agree with you about the leg armor - TBL seems to love to design the calf armor pieces with the open back - I think it would look so much better if they closed it off, even at just the bottom or top... Still, I really love this set. I think BBTS has her in stock at the moment if you do want to pick her up...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ah, glad you could find your way to us. I always love seeing your beautiful photography. You really make these figures shine. And I think you’ll find the crowd here more receptive to your appreciation of TBL in general.

In fact, if you feel so inclined, a retrospective of all of your excellent TBL photos in the General section would probably garner a lot of attention. Many here are not on the Freaks board, and some rarely visit the OSW. It’s up to you, of course.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welcome, desertdragon! I have to agree that your photography is gorgeous...absolutely beautiful composition and lighting. Thank you for sharing! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs of the figure with us, Desertdragon, and welcome here.

FreakinLobster wrote:Just wished the armour on the leg was closed on the back or had some straps to hold the part and look more "believable" (I know, I know... still...). This opened part got me a wee bit bothered.

desertdragon wrote:And I agree with you about the leg armor - TBL seems to love to design the calf armor pieces with the open back - I think it would look so much better if they closed it off, even at just the bottom or top...

For what it is worth, whether TBLeague was thinking of this or not, the design of the classical Greek greaves was exactly like that -- they were open on the back (though probably leaving a narrower gap), and they clasped onto the lower leg due to the natural flexibility/springiness of the metal. So in a very loose sense this is potentially realistic. Of course, this is not classical Greek armor, but fantasy giant crab shell armor... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum