OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part XVII: Military and casual wear

A long time ago I got a custom Black Hawk Down figure from eBay (DAM 75th Ranger CHALK Leader head with Dragon US Army Ranger Delta outfit and accessories). I tried it all out on the M33 body and to my surprise it fit. As can be expected, the pants and the long sleeves were a challenge, but in the end, it was a success.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl5911

He can even sit without trouble.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6010

I also tried the Sideshow Jack Burton jeans and the Soldier Story Guy Whidden shirt on an M33, with an Art Figures Atlas belt and Triad Toys dress boots. Again, a tight fit, but it worked. The shirt can be buttoned, but it has tiny functional buttons and I didn't want to mess with them more than absolutely necessary.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6110

Again, the jeans allow him to sit without trouble.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6210

Finally, an illustration of the elastic cord method for tightening the fit of the ankle peg into non-TBLeague foot/footwear openings. The two-part ThreeZero boots from the new Jon Snow were altered (widened) to accommodate the larger ankle pegs of a Blitzway body (without much success), then altered again to fit TBLeague's (by building them up with Kneadatite), but were still just a little loose. The addition of a couple of small sections of elastic cord did the trick.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6310

What do you think?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
They all look pretty good, Ian. I like the Burton Jeans and Triad boots look. And thanks for the pictures on the ankle adjustments.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:They all look pretty good, Ian. I like the Burton Jeans and Triad boots look. And thanks for the pictures on the ankle adjustments.

Thanks and welcome, Mark. I like it too (although the Guy Whidden shirt was a little too close to the skin tone, which was less than ideal). Keep in mind that while you can still find these Triad dress boots (especially the black version), they are bloody hell to fit on most feet. You'd have to heat up the relatively soft plastic and still struggle; losing my patience, here I've actually sliced open along the molded zipper line on the inside sides.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XVIII: Sports, casual, and traditional outfits

Today's installment is all over the map.

First up, the Windbreaker sports clothing set by Wild Toys. This was available in four versions, of which this is WT-22D. It includes a hooded dark blue windbreaker, matching dark blue track pants, a white sleeveless top, black sports shorts, black biking shorts, and a pair of white sports shoes. The set also came with an oversized supposedly David Beckham head sculpt (not shown here). I have often complained about the staining, and the black biking shorts were the biggest culprit. But since I came across the set, I decided to give it another try, after some intensive washing with Tide Ultra Oxi. This time it did not stain, although admittedly I did not leave the outfit on for a long time.

Here is the fully clothed look on an M33. It is a tight but comfortable fit. Note that the intensive scrubbing during washing damaged the detail running down the outer side of the track pants. I'm telling myself they are well used. The pockets on the pants are functional.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6410

So are the zippers on the windbreaker, including its pockets. The shoelaces unfortunately fray at the ends, but I do not want to trim/shorten them in case I need to re-tie them in the future. The shoes require feet, and you will need smaller non-TBLeague feet to fit in them. This, in turn, might require using something (I recommend small lengths of cloth elastic band) to tighten the fit with the TBLeague foot/ankle peg.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6510

Sans windbreaker.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6610

With the sports shorts.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6710

With the biking shorts. If you still find this set and want to use these items, make sure you pre-treat them to avoid staining (especially these biking shorts).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6810

Next up, we have a Toy Center casual wear set, CEN-M08B, one of three variations (this one with a black top, the other two having a white and green top, respectively). I got two, thinking they were 1/12 scale (due to carelessness on my part), but despite that oversight and initial disappointment, they work pretty well in 1/6 scale instead. The sets include the top, belt, distressed jeans, and shoes. The jeans are a very tight fit on an M33 and would not work on anything bulkier than that; as it is, he is not "complete" in there. The pockets are functional, and the jeans "zip up" with both velcro and a little tab button.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl6910

I noticed that the rear pockets are not sown on perfectly symmetrically, but this probably varies between specific items.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl7010

Despite the very tight fit, the figure is able to sit comfortably. The shoes did not require any special modification to work well with the TBLeague foot/ankle pegs.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl7110

Next up we have an example of a type of east Asian traditional costume that can be found in widely-spaced periods and consequently in a great many historical and fantasy sets. The robe and pants shown here come from a Kong Ling Ge Ming Dynasty General of Han set (KLG-R018), but apart from colors, designs, and some minor structural details, they are essentially the same as many others depicting Chinese (and to some extent Japanese) historical or fantasy characters. The robes tend to be loose enough to accommodate TBLeague bodies comfortably enough, even in their sleeves, which are the narrowest parts. They are tied shut on the inside and twice on the outside.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl7210

The costume provides virtually no restriction to articulation.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl7310

The pants tend to be fairly loose (although this example is looser than most), and would fit even larger bodies than M33, much like the Coo Model pants provided with their Vikings and knights. They are also not very specific looking, and could lend themselves to use in kitbashing non-Asian characters too.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Stbl7410

What do you think?

Ovy

Ovy
Gopnik looks great with beautiful Slav head and the adidas. He could need flat cap. Can he squat?
Dam toys does the best men sculpts.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Gopnik looks great with beautiful Slav head and the adidas. He could need flat cap. Can he squat?
Dam toys does the best men sculpts.

I learned a new term today, thanks. It is a DAM toy indeed; Monkey Depot had it parted out under the name Adrik, don't ask me why. He can sit and probably squat, but balancing him that way would be difficult so it didn't even come to me to try. It was our earlier discussion that made me dig out this set. They are hard to come by now, and even more expensive (though not by too much) than they were back then. Too bad I only surmounted the staining issue this late and damaged the track pants (which might have never been staining culprits to begin with -- the top is made from the same material, wasn't treated, and no problem). A new pair of track pants (but black) from some other company I found on eBay is on its way.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Omg, that Takeshi Kaneshiro head is one I've been wanting for ages, but I always had something else more pressing I needed to get instead. It looks really good... hope I can acquire it eventually. :3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The jeans are unfortunately too tight for a TBL body to look right. I’m curious why you felt the need to scrub the track suit and not just let it soak? Also, as far as the shoe laces, if they are anything like paracord, you could use a flame to melt the ends of the laces to stop the fraying.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Omg, that Takeshi Kaneshiro head is one I've been wanting for ages, but I always had something else more pressing I needed to get instead. It looks really good... hope I can acquire it eventually. :3

Yep, it's him, and it's pretty good. Didn't really put him to good use here, though.

Stryker2011 wrote:The jeans are unfortunately too tight for a TBL body to look right. I’m curious why you felt the need to scrub the track suit and not just let it soak? Also, as far as the shoe laces, if they are anything like paracord, you could use a flame to melt the ends of the laces to stop the fraying.

The jeans might work a little better on a slimmer body like M31 or M32. As for scrubbing instead of soaking -- lack of patience and lack of practice. I'm familiar with the flame method for stopping fraying, but didn't feel like experimenting with it on something this small. Nail polish or glue would have worked too, and I should have tried that.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
My tracksuit's fabric is different. It's more of a plastic-like fabric, doesn't shed fibers (both un/fortunately). Mine is from a really old set that also came with a David Beckham's HS and a pair of Adidas white shoes that are too small for TBLeague's feet.

I remembered reading about these suits, that they could stain the body if not washed first to get rid of excessive inking. I did wash it and it did pour some ink... yet I was afraid of putting it on. I kept this set unused until today... also I had a M35 body boxed for a year eager to get out.

The result? It fit a freaking M35 nicely!

He even rockin 'em sexy butt! Laughing

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Adidas10
kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Adidas11
kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Adidas12

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Bonus: slav squat

... because, c'mon, how could I not?

I really need to get him a cigarette and a vodka bottle... and maybe a beanie.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Slavsq10

135kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Empty test to move Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, these are the sets I have been warning people about. But the chief culprit are the bicycling shorts. I'm glad you didn't ruin the detail on the track suit like I did.

I'm moving this to the appropriate thread.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
How did you fit the shoes from the Windbreaker's set on your M33? I wanted to use these sneakers so bad but I tried to squeeze a TBLeague's male foot in there and it just wouldn't go.

My first option for this set was to use on a M33, but I got lazy to undress it, so I went nuts and used on this M35 body I had still on the box. I really liked how it got, so it's a keeper.

This set allows for a lot of mobility even on this huge body. I couldn't get him to squat more due to the body's limitation, not the suit.

Oh, after I washed it, I just let it soak, just like Stryker said, since I had a suspicion these side lines were way to frail. That's why they're still intact.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:How did you fit the shoes from the Windbreaker's set on your M33? I wanted to use these sneakers so bad but I tried to squeeze a TBLeague's male foot in there and it just wouldn't go.

My first option for this set was to use on a M33, but I got lazy to undress it, so I went nuts and used on this M35 body I had still on the box. I really liked how it got, so it's a keeper.

This set allows for a lot of mobility even on this huge body. I couldn't get him to squat more due to the body's limitation, not the suit.

Oh, after I washed it, I just let it soak, just like Stryker said, since I had a suspicion these side lines were way to frail. That's why they're still intact.

I used other feet. I think they are from a Hot Toys-like bent-toe type, but it has been too long to remember. Anyway, they are not TBLeague, so they can fit the footwear. To tighten the fit to the ankle peg, I used elastic cord, as illustrated in Post 122 above.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XIX: Art Figure Aidol Six The Arms Dealer outfit

I don't much like the Art Figure bodies, but they do produce quality sets. After the good experience with their Atlas, I decided to give some (in fact all) of the clothing that came with this set a try when I found it parted out. It is the depiction of Ulysses Klaue (by Andy Serkis) in the overrated but successful Black Panther film. I thought he made for a fun villain, and it was interesting to see Andy Serkis as himself, well, a human, for once.

The outfit is a little out there, though not impossibly so. I tried it on an M34 body, and it worked like a charm. Conceivably, it might even work on an M35, but no promises.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Afasad10

It consists of a white shirt, white socks, black shoes, blue pants, blue vest, black belt, (p)leather writsbands, a tie, and a necklace. Everything you see except for the body, suitcase, and chair is from the set.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Afasad11

The shirt is meant to be worn with the cuffs rolled back towards the elbows, although it can be worn with them down, they just wouldn't close. The pants have a real button at the top, which is a pain to work, but otherwise work fine with their velcro "zipper." The tie is supposed to be worn loosened, but you can tie it just like a real tie, however loose or tight you choose. If I were to keep this assembled together, I might loose it, as it doesn't sit (drape) quite right. Surprisingly, the shoes fit on TBLeague's male feet, even with the socks on (by the way, I do know that black shoes don't go with white socks, but that's how the set came).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Afasad12

Overall, everything fits very comfortably and allows for unimpeded articulation. Considering this is a muscular M34 body, that is a very good thing. And the wristbands didn't even stain after a couple of days of being on! If any or all of this outfit could work for your TBLeague-clothing needs or if you are just thinking of upgrading the set's body, I would recommend it. You might need to work on some dewrinkling, but that's about the only issue I had.

What do you think?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. — the socks, as you mentioned, are the only odd choice on their part. It was a letdown he was barely in Avengers 2, and then killed off so quickly in BP.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It looks pretty good! And it's always nice to have more options for those larger bodies. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe ironing down that collar a bit, since it is sticking up quite high and looks somewhat out of scale. But that's just a slight tweak... : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. — the socks, as you mentioned, are the only odd choice on their part. It was a letdown he was barely in Avengers 2, and then killed off so quickly in BP.

I agree, I would have loved to see a more extensive and lasting role for him.

skywalkersaga wrote:It looks pretty good! And it's always nice to have more options for those larger bodies. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe ironing down that collar a bit, since it is sticking up quite high and looks somewhat out of scale. But that's just a slight tweak... : )

I agree about the collar, although I think it is part of the design -- there isn't even a top button, as it is meant to stay open. Perhaps if I get rid of the loose tie, as I'm thinking of doing, it would sit a little more naturally? A little cautious about using an iron on something this small and delicate. Perhaps a water treatment? Also not entirely sure as to how it should look -- it isn't a very classic or common look; if the collar itself is stiff, it will ride up on top of the shoulders even when worn quite open, wouldn't it? In the film it is all over the place, in part because in some scenes it is meant to look neat and in others disheveled. I managed to pull the shirt a little farther down and into the pants and tightened the tie a bit, for a somewhat improved look:

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 7 Afasad13

Any more of that and I think our readers should get a fashion certificate. LOL

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That does look a lot better!

And yeah, I probably wouldn't have ironed it either... if I need some 1/6 fabric to stay down I would probably try 'pinning' or 'tacking' it down with some carefully hidden thread. Though your solution worked out just fine, too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you agree. Smile By the way, Star Wars stuff coming up.

ZombieTestSubject

The arms dealer looks very good on that body.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:The arms dealer looks very good on that body.

Thank you very much, and glad you agree. I am wondering if I should not have tried an M35, but it does seem to work well with this M34. It's nice to find clothing that works with these heftier bodies.

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum