OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:What happens next?

I would never consider that you might think up anything inappropriate! But it is left ambiguous on purpose. Smile

Haha.. it appeared to be one step away from X rated.

Or possibly a horror show — the guy behind her with the hammer is worrisome!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Or possibly a horror show — the guy behind her with the hammer is worrisome!

See, there is a perfectly clean (if violent and messy) explanation! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Valiarde
Violence and gore is ok, but no sex please that is too dirty Very Happy haha (ok in this case it would be a serious crime, was just speaking in general)

Thanks for the informative pics. Good thread

ukshaun

ukshaun
Checking out the final image some more, i think i might know what happens next.
She is knows the guy behind her is armed with a hammer, as she can see his reflection in the chrome. She knows the guy on the right is boozing. She has er phone to hand and has texted a friend for help. My guess is, the cops are about to bust into the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
... or both guys called the girl (who happens to also be a mechanic in the same shop) on her day off for some help and advices, cuz they're not figuring out what the problem is. Poor girl was dressed and ready to go out on a date but decided to help her work fellas before actually going out, cuz she owed them one.

Although that would still not explain the hammer on the dude's hand... unless he was just fiddling with it, to kiil some time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Violence and gore is ok, but no sex please that is too dirty Very Happy haha (ok in this case it would be a serious crime, was just speaking in general)

Thanks for the informative pics. Good thread

You are very welcome, and I'm glad you like it. And I've noticed the same somewhat questionable stance permeating our popular culture for decades.

ukshaun wrote:Checking out the final image some more, i think i might know what happens next.
She is knows the guy behind her is armed with a hammer, as she can see his reflection in the chrome. She knows the guy on the right is boozing. She has er phone to hand and has texted a friend for help. My guess is, the cops are about to bust into the scene.

Creative interpretation. That is not one of the ways this was going to develop I had imagined, but that's the beauty of art (insofar as this is art) -- it's in the eyes of the beholder. Or so I've been told.

FreakinLobster wrote:... or both guys called the girl (who happens to also be a mechanic in the same shop) on her day off for some help and advices, cuz they're not figuring out what the problem is. Poor girl was dressed and ready to go out on a date but decided to help her work fellas before actually going out, cuz she owed them one.

Although that would still not explain the hammer on the dude's hand... unless he was just fiddling with it, to kill some time.

Another creative interpretation; that one is a bit closer to one thing that crossed my mind (that she is their demanding and annoying boss dropping in to chew them out for being lazy layabouts while there is work to be done...)

I like that you guys are stepping in and providing different interpretations... maybe I should do more of these. Did anyone catch the minor twist at the end of the Part XX (Post 144 above)? (That was admittedly a less-developed scene.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXIII: clothing the Tall One and KUMIK shoes

Someone asked me specifically about clothing the basketball-player-type M36 bodies, which we have always expected to be trouble. And it is. Finding things that will both fit and look suitably long is going to be a challenge, although if you have specifically basketball-related items (including the tank top and shorts), perhaps that would not be much of an issue. But here are a couple of casual options.

You can see the marked difference in stature between M36 and M33, yet sixth-scale clothing is rarely specific as to different heights. M36 wears a hoodie from one of those hoodie + jeans + sneakers (+ belts + beanie hat) sets sold by eBay seller acec_union showcased in Part XXII (Post 156) above, Addidas exercise pants from Hegemony77 from Part XX (Post 144) above, and KUMIK sport shoes. M33 wears a grey tank top and plain grey exercise pants, both from Hegemony 77, and KUMIK sport shoes. Note the the KUMIK shoes. They are made of relatively thin rubbery material, and can accommodate the larger feet of TBLeague male action figures, unlike much of the other sixth-scale footwear out there. The Hegemony77 exercise pants are the same in length (18 cm from waist line to bottom of pant leg) and material, and they are just a little short for M36 and just a little long for M33, but passable for both. If you are giving M36 long pants and they do not tuck into tall boots, you don't want anything shorter than 18 cm. The grey tank top on M33 would easily fit on M36.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1010

They can sit without much trouble, M36 more awkwardly, because of the long legs and relatively short chair.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1011

These blue jeans might have come together with the checkered shirt as part of a set (I am not certain -- the jeans are almost basic enough to be Triad Toys, from what I remember, but if so, they did not come with this shirt), and both fit reasonably well on M36, although both could have been a tad longer. In this instance, M36 is wearing the XRF boots from Part I (Post 1) above. The shirt closes with three concealed push buttons.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1012

Shirt's off so you can see the jeans more clearly. The green tank top is from the Street Bruiser American Soldier (Guile) set in Part V (Post 30) above, but similar tank tops can be seen from XRF in Part I (Post 1) and Magic Cube in Part III (Post 14) above.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1013

The jeans are 19.5 cm long (from the waist line to the bottom of the pant leg), and that seems about as good as you can get for this body.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1014

Here the XRF boots are replaced again with KUMIK shoes and the darker jeans have been replaced with light blue jeans from MAK (specifically advertised to fit TBLeague figures), the same ones from Part II (Post 9) above. They were a little long on M33, but work well with M36 -- and no wonder, they are also 19.5 cm long.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1015

Again, M36 can sit easily and naturally enough in these pants (the same goes for the previous jeans model).

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1016

Most sixth-scale jeans (e.g., PIPI Toys, Toy Center, Sideshow) I had handy to measure were about 17.5 cm, which would look much too short on M36. Unfortunately I can't find the XRF jeans from Part XIV (Post 92) above right now, but by the way they look on M33, they are probably about the same length as the exercise pants in the first couple of photos in this post, i.e., about 18 cm. That may or may not look too short. Ideally, even the 19.5-cm jeans shown here could benefit by being a bit longer, but make do.

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 Ctbl1017

What do you think?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep, the 36 body is a too tall to be practical for clothes that aren’t custom made to fit. Thanks for all the hard work and comparison pics, Ian. I haven’t purchased one of these BB bodies, and I don’t really have a need for one, but it’s nice to see the options.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yep, the 36 body is a too tall to be practical for clothes that aren’t custom made to fit. Thanks for all the hard work and comparison pics, Ian. I haven’t purchased one of these BB bodies, and I don’t really have a need for one, but it’s nice to see the options.

Thank you, Mark, glad you found it useful. It is nice TBLeague made a tall body, but I agree that this is probably too tall and too body-type-specific to be of much general use. And they knew it too, as demonstrated by their unusual selection of hand sculpts (no relaxed hands, only one fist, the rest are basketball specific and one pointing). Of course one could borrow the regular hand sculpts from other bodies, but I was illustrating a point. Ephiane put one of these to good purpose with one of her characters, also going a casual route, but far more striking than my demonstration. Hegemony77 does make some items specific for this body, though of course they tend to be sporty.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much for taking the time to try all those on the taller body. At least it seems a couple of the tank tops would work on it, even if the jeans are a bit iffy. The longest ones would work as a stand-in until one could come up with something custom made.

And it is indeed really frustrating about that body being so specific to a basketball player. I get why they did that (there is obviously enough demand for it), but for those of us who want to make pretty much anything *but* that, lol, it's limiting. ;p I have a figure I want to make someday who is supposed to be pushing 6'7", but he's definitely more muscular as opposed to just lanky. There's always the WorldBox AT027, but it would be ideal to have a seamless option equivalent.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Wait, PIPI toys is a thing? xD

Nice one, first time I have seen this one in (non apocalyptic) casual clothing. I like the pic where they are sitting a lot, the difference in size really gives that scene character.

I have the dark M36, no out of the box options of grip hands for him. Fortunately the character lives outside the casual jeans and shirt world.

And remember, save the chubby unicorns.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you so much for taking the time to try all those on the taller body. At least it seems a couple of the tank tops would work on it, even if the jeans are a bit iffy. The longest ones would work as a stand-in until one could come up with something custom made.

And it is indeed really frustrating about that body being so specific to a basketball player. I get why they did that (there is obviously enough demand for it), but for those of us who want to make pretty much anything *but* that, lol, it's limiting. ;p I have a figure I want to make someday who is supposed to be pushing 6'7", but he's definitely more muscular as opposed to just lanky. There's always the WorldBox AT027, but it would be ideal to have a seamless option equivalent.

You are very welcome. Glad you agree. AT027 is not nearly as tall. If your character is fully dressed up, you could make him beefier with clothes or stuffing under them.

Ovy wrote:Wait, PIPI toys is a thing? xD Nice one, first time I have seen this one in (non apocalyptic) casual clothing. I like the pic where they are sitting a lot, the difference in size really gives that scene character. I have the dark M36, no out of the box options of grip hands for him. Fortunately the character lives outside the casual jeans and shirt world. And remember, save the chubby unicorns.

LOL Yes, it is, go back and look them up. It feels repetitive, but I guess it is informative to show them sitting, demonstrating that it is possible with those clothes on. Rhinos? Where?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Always so interesting to see how these outfits actually fit on these different bodies. You do good work sharing these with the rest of us!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Always so interesting to see how these outfits actually fit on these different bodies.  You do good work sharing these with the rest of us!

Thank you very much. I'm glad you find it worthwhile.

ZombieTestSubject

I'm glad you've kept up this topic. Lots of useful information. And funny presentations. I like that motorcycle too, we don't seem to see enough of them. Anyway, hope there's more to come.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:I'm glad you've kept up this topic. Lots of useful information. And funny presentations. I like that motorcycle too, we don't seem to see enough of them. Anyway, hope there's more to come.

Thank you very much, glad you like them. The motorcycle is pretty sweet, and pretty nicely sized (we have had an ongoing conversation about how such vehicles are typically under-sized), but a bit of a sore subject -- it arrived missing one of the rear view mirrors. Sad Yes, there is more to come. Actually the Winter Soldier review you read could have ended up here, except I decided it was more of a review and added the Summer Soldier tangent. Smile

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
It's so easy to miss some thread updates like this and have to go back through the pages to see what's new after not viewing for a long time. You've acquired quite the wardrobe for your figures, I can only imagine how many tiny closets it would take to display all of them. Nicely done finding attire to properly fit the M36, and I really dig that cargo biker vest. It's also funny to think about how in this addictive hobby, we can end up spending way more money on clothing for our dolls than we do for ourselves, hahaha. But I am guilty of this, I really should learn how to use a sewing machine at some point. kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 1f605

Alcina2k

Good day everyone Smile
What a fashion show and Ideas - you guys are so creative!!
I am thinking about buying a few extra feet for my phicen boys for their shoes - which company will give me the best bet of the right size of feet for most shoes available out there ... as there are so many manufacturers out there Smile
Thanks in advance!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:It's so easy to miss some thread updates like this and have to go back through the pages to see what's new after not viewing for a long time. You've acquired quite the wardrobe for your figures, I can only imagine how many tiny closets it would take to display all of them. Nicely done finding attire to properly fit the M36, and I really dig that cargo biker vest. It's also funny to think about how in this addictive hobby, we can end up spending way more money on clothing for our dolls than we do for ourselves, hahaha. But I am guilty of this, I really should learn how to use a sewing machine at some point.  kitbash - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 9 1f605

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I completely agree. Half the time I order clothing I think to myself that the real thing would cost as much or sometimes much less. I have also repeatedly realized that, despite the constant "they've got nothing to wear" feeling, I probably have more than enough clothing for all the male and female bodies I own already, just am too lazy/distracted to dig it up and try it out. I wish my sewing skills were better too, but even before trying, I am usually tripped up by the fundamental question of what fabric to use and whether it will stain.

Alcina2k wrote:Good day everyone Smile What a fashion show and Ideas - you guys are so creative!! I am thinking about buying a few extra feet for my phicen boys for their shoes - which company will give me the best bet of the right size of feet for most shoes available out there ... as there are so many manufacturers out there Smile Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you're finding it useful. If you want footwear that will fit on the TBLeague feet, and if sporty fashions are your thing (or acceptable), look into the Kumik shoes in Part XXIII. They are made of a softer rubbery plastic, and you can usually push the feet in even without heating the shoes up with a hair dryer beforehand. Note, I have seen the grey ones mislabeled as women's on eBay. With heating, I was able to make the laced shoes worn by the guy with the man bun in Part XXII fit on the TBLeague feet. The Nike (and other?) slides (sold in their own little shoeboxes) also fit (see Part XVI and Part XXII).

The easiest option is to buy footwear that is not meant to go on the sixth-scale foot, but directly on the foot peg. If it happens to be tight, try heating it to accommodate the footpeg (might need to do so again to take it off). If the fit is not tight enough to keep the figure reasonably well-balanced, interpose a small length of flat elastic cord between the foot peg and the hole in the foot/footwear (illustrated at the end of Part XVII). If you do find footwear that you must absolutely use but it is designed for feet and won't fit on the TBLeague ones, use another company's feet (the best ones would be WorldBox, but also DAM, etc) -- they would typically be small enough to fit in the footwear, and, provided you can jam the TBLeague foot peg into their openings (use the elastic cord trick if the fit is a little loose), that would solve the problem.

Alcina2k

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, I'm glad you're finding it useful. If you want footwear that will fit on the TBLeague feet, and if sporty fashions are your thing (or acceptable), look into the Kumik shoes in Part XXIII. They are made of a softer rubbery plastic, and you can usually push the feet in even without heating the shoes up with a hair dryer beforehand. Note, I have seen the grey ones mislabeled as women's on eBay. With heating, I was able to make the laced shoes worn by the guy with the man bun in Part XXII fit on the TBLeague feet. The Nike (and other?) slides (sold in their own little shoeboxes) also fit (see Part XVI and Part XXII).

The easiest option is to buy footwear that is not meant to go on the sixth-scale foot, but directly on the foot peg. If it happens to be tight, try heating it to accommodate the footpeg (might need to do so again to take it off). If the fit is not tight enough to keep the figure reasonably well-balanced, interpose a small length of flat elastic cord between the foot peg and the hole in the foot/footwear (illustrated at the end of Part XVII). If you do find footwear that you must absolutely use but it is designed for feet and won't fit on the TBLeague ones, use another company's feet (the best ones would be WorldBox, but also DAM, etc) -- they would typically be small enough to fit in the footwear, and, provided you can jam the TBLeague foot peg into their openings (use the elastic cord trick if the fit is a little loose), that would solve the problem.

thank you so very much!!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
wow! that guy is tall! great comparison pics bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alcina2k wrote:thank you so very much!!!

You are very welcome, I hope you find a good fit.

BAMComix wrote:wow! that guy is tall! great comparison pics bounce bounce

He sure is. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum