OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

brassco

brassco
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles) Ruby-rose

Ruby Rose

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If they manage to retain this production quality, this would be truly impressive. This seems to be a new company, at least judging from the product numbers -- and I don't seem to remember encountering its name before.

PitViper

PitViper
It could make for a reasonable likeness to Alin Sumarwata who plays Lance Corporal Gracie Novin in Strike Back.
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles) Novin10

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice! C can be used for a comics version Maria Hill.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Very cool. I like Ruby Rose, and she has such a distinctive look, it would be a fun head sculpt to have. Maybe I'm dense, but 2 questions: What is the difference between A & C? I just don't see it. And what's the deal with the 1/2 Joker face? It's cool looking, but is it in reference to anything she's done? I know she's the new Batwoman, but that can't be it, can it?

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Yea it's the new CW Network Batgirl HS! oops I meant Ruby Rose.

ravrohan

I was going to ask that about A and C myself. I don't see a difference.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
You guys don't see the green hair highlight on A?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
rollotomasi wrote:You guys don't see the green hair highlight on A?

Oh! I was looking at it on a different monitor last night, but now that you said it, I see it! Then again, I don't always see see certain colors, so that may have contributed too.

I wonder why they didn't go with the green hair on the Joker faced head? And still no idea the Ruby Rose/Joker thing. Although in looking it up, I did find out she's a huge Harley Quinn fan, which is fun.

MerylAkiba

There is fan-fic art of her photoshopped with Joker make-up. I want to do a Ares from John Wick chapter 2.
I wish she had rooted hair, she would have soo many looks

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Not bad, but, who the heck are Manco Toys!?

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
MerylAkiba wrote:There is fan-fic art of her photoshopped with Joker make-up. I want to do a Ares from John Wick chapter 2.
I wish she had rooted hair, she would have soo many looks

Thank you MerylAkiba, that makes a lot more sense now. I always prefer real hair too, although not a fan of mixed rooted and sculpted hair, and I can't imagine, with some of the really short parts, a mass produced head that would be able to do it any other way.

Peaches

Peaches
I don't know anything about Ruby Rose, but that's a gorgeous head, and would look amazing, if it's small enough, on my body with a punkish leather outfit on Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hi there, first post, etc.

I managed to bag one of the early releases of this sculpt (version C, plain black hair).

Pros:
Happily it matches the promo photos exactly, allowing for the usual monitor colour issues, etc. It is indeed a beautiful sculpt. Very stylish. As for exact likeness to Ruby Rose herself I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. It's a great, striking 'character' sculpt, whatever your view.

Cons:
Sellers are describing this as 'suntan or wheat', and as we know, those often aren't the same or even a similar thing. If you want to pop it on a seamless body and get an exact in-hand match, a Jiaou Wheat is your best option. This sculpt will NOT match a TBLeague body of either skintone, unless you want it specifically for black and white photography or are a lighting genius. I wanted to put it on a TBLeague 21b or 23b muscle bod, but unfortunately it just doesn't look right on either because of the skintone. Instead, I've settled for a Jiaou Wheat 3.0 (Asian version) detachable foot model, which is the nearest to a toned female muscle body that Jiaou currently produce. It took a little while to acclimatise to it (Jiaou bodies, while offering a superior variety of skintones, are always slightly less realistic than TBLeague's and the head looked very slightly disproportionately big for a day or two), but now I'm happy enough with it. I can't speak for it's compatibility with non-seamless bodies as I don't favour them or own any personally.

One last thing: the inner connector is the standard female size, but way up inside the sculpt, and a bit of modding was required to get the sculpt to sit on the body properly - another connector, cut down and glued in to sit under the supplied one. Although again if you're going to put it on a non-seamless body you may not experience such an inconvenience.

In conclusion: although I've made it seem there may be more cons than pros here, if the above issues don't worry you this is without doubt an aesthetically beautiful sculpt, well worth owning. And at least it's just a slightly tan/orangey tone, rather than an unmatchable Kumik Barium Yellow.

I look forward to seeing more from this company.

blackpool

blackpool
Welcome aboard @Geewillikers !

Thanks for the input, I often have that neck issue when changing heads from a seamless to jointed body, hopefully most of the time a bit of blutac is enough to modify the height of the connector into the hole...

About likeness I would say it's "based upon" more than a real try at portraying the actress, for sure they got inspired by the hairstyle, but the facial features are very far from Ruby Rose, jaw, lips, nose, eyebrows (sadly for me as I deadly want a headsculpt of ruby rose lol)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the information and evaluation, GeeWillikers. The cons are slightly disappointing, but at least it's nice to know there is a way to make it work with the older 3.0 Jiaou bodies (by "Asian" I assume you mean the ones that weren't marketed as "European").

Blackpool -- funny you should say that. The photo comparison shown above made me think the likeness is very close. But on reflection you may be right, and this might explain why I like the head sculpt even better! Smile I just wish I had noticed that version A has green streaks before ordering that instead of version C; I'd have to see how obvious that is in hand...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the welcome, here are a few very quick snaps of the head in situ on the Jiaou Wheat 3.0 body mentioned above (personally I'd prefer it to be the smaller bust model but unfortunately the abs on that one are less defined). She's in her scanties to show off the skintone match better (and excuse the camera shake, I didn't take the time to set up properly as these are just to show the colour match):

Natural daylight
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles) DSCN2059

Flash
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles) DSCN2064a

Hastily set-up mood lighting
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: MANCO TOYS: 1/6 Female Headsculpt MC001 (3 styles) DSCN2069a

In hand of course, it looks a little different again (actually in reality - see daylight shot - it looks more of an exact match to my eyes). I'm still not 100% sure about the head-body proportions (maybe a bit of work on padding out the body's neck a little will improve that), but skintone-wise while when photographed it's not exact, it's still a pretty good match.

brassco

brassco
wow...that was quick! didn't think this HS would be released so soon...

thks for the pictures!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, it's all over Ebay at the moment so it must be out officially now. It's nice not to have a product delayed for six months for a change!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum