OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I've always considered myself more of a customizer/kitbasher and never really bought many boxed sets. Even those would always get tweaked/modded/weathered/painted/taken apart/parts swapped/etc. And until recently I had never bought a HotToys set, they just seemed too pricey and I wasn't that interested in their licenses. But this past year I actually bought several, and aside from Wonder Woman the rest were all Star Wars female characters. Jyn and Rey were pretty much perfect out of the box. Sure they could use a little extra weathering but for once I didn't feel the need to do anything with them other than "play" with them, a very strange experience! Shocked

The Jyn deluxe set is especially great, because all the extras are just so cool, but I like the basic look the best, because she kicks total @ss in that scene on Jedha! Cool She can hold a very dynamic pose because she's so solid on her feet, so I had some fun with posing her through some motions. Too bad I don't have a stormtrooper for her to bash!

My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing Jyn%20swing2
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing Jyn%20shoots
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060861
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060860
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060850
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060848

Rey is not quite as steady on her feet but I managed a couple of poses inspired by movie stills and online images of her.

My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060363b
My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing P1060868

Nice to have some figures I can just enjoy out of the box instead of steeling myself for weeks/months of work! tongue

#starwars #hottoys #female #film

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. Like the photo gifs. I’m waiting on TLJ Rey (like the HS better on that one), even though I despised the movie. And though I only have the regular version of Jyn, i agree it is a really great figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Star Wars ladies: Fun with GIFs and posing C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
They do look great mate, I like the gifts to. They ad that bit of animation we don't often see. Very well done.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Nice and cool gifs.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Pretty great stuff! The gifs are a lot of fun!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

You really were able to get some great poses out of them both. Which is the stand that Rey is on, it's neater and less obtrusive than many I've seen. I'm not normally a stand fan, but, that one could sway me if I needed one.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for posting these, Tank Girl. They look great -- and I didn't even realize we had gif capabilities. You achieved some great poses and shots, and they might as well have been used by Hot Toys for promotional images. Speaking of which, there is a tad of irony here, as Hot Toys prices keep increasing every year (or is it every half year), so they have never been higher. Then again, the figures you mentioned would not have existed more than a year ago.
Like Roger, I also like your clear stand -- is that the one that comes with Jiaou (haven't used it much, so I forget). Though there are several such stands out there.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Thanks all, these were fun to do!

The stand is actually from my 1/12 scale Medicom MAFEX Wonder Woman. It's pretty crappy, so I replaced it with the excellent SHFiguarts stands which are holding up my non 1/6 figures in action poses. But I had this Medicom one left over so I decided to try it with Rey, and her boots are just grippy enough so it works. The claw is really weak on it so it's really just backstopping her from tipping over. If you like that one, try to find the SHF ones which come in sets of three. They are much sturdier and the claws work better.

BTW the GIFs are on PB, so are linked here as images. Not sure if this site has native capability for GIFs as I didn't try it.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Both figures look good and all the poses are very good -- Jyn maintains that accuracy and credibility of poses even through the .gif cycle, well done.

Fox915

Fox915
Wow! They look great, I'm loving the poses and the movement. The GIF's are a very cool and creative expression, I also didn't know we can post GIF's on forums.

Now I can do the 360 degree shots I've always wanted. Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Thanks all, these were fun to do!

The stand is actually from my 1/12 scale Medicom MAFEX Wonder Woman. It's pretty crappy, so I replaced it with the excellent SHFiguarts stands which are holding up my non 1/6 figures in action poses. But I had this Medicom one left over so I decided to try it with Rey, and her boots are just grippy enough so it works. The claw is really weak on it so it's really just backstopping her from tipping over. If you like that one, try to find the SHF ones which come in sets of three. They are much sturdier and the claws work better.

BTW the GIFs are on PB, so are linked here as images. Not sure if this site has native capability for GIFs as I didn't try it.

I actually have a Mafex stand, it came with my Vader. I never took it out of the box as I've never needed it so I didn't realise that was what yours was. Interesting idea with the SHF, might look into that.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Both of those are great figures and your posing is damn near perfect.

Animated .gifs are fun, aren't they? Fine job on your creations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum