OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fox915

Fox915
I've been quite lacking in creativity and productivity lately, along with trying to cut down on spending, and taking up new sports/hobbies.

With no new ideas/concept to build new customs, I'd just like to share some of my old pieces along with my modest collection/display. I hope you don't mind.  Razz

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) CDjCh39
Here's one of my cabinets, the ones on display represent around a third of my collection, the rest are stored away in boxes.


display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) ADPQEff
1st Shelf: Play Arts Kai's (slightly smaller than 1/6, around 10 inches), they're characters from an RPG series, Final Fantasy.
[From left to right: Vincent, Tifa, Sephiroth, Cloud, and Gabranth]


display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) POrrrhQ
2nd Shelf: 5 customs I've made these past few years. (If you'd like to see more, click on their names/link below.)
[Lara Croft, Tifa Lockhart, Eve (Cyber-girl), Akane (Kunoichi), and Amanda (Vampire Hunter)]


Most of these haven't had any changes to them after completion, with the exception of Lara and Tifa. Lara's had various updates/changes these past few years, while Tifa only had one.

Lara's Updates (Click Here):
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 25247071577_1eaea587dc_k
Lara Croft evolution. (Aside from the costume changes, I later switched to the muscular body.)
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) KRhGAwH
This is the current outfit I'm sticking with, the teal top is inspired by the classic video game version.

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 9Dcm2Gs
3rd Shelf: Mostly Batman/DC stuff. I'm still waiting for the HT Joker (Arkham Asylum) to go with Harley.
[Harley Quinn, Batman, Arkham Knight, and Wonder Woman]


Harley is by Supermad Toys, while the body is Phicen. I'm very happy with Supermad's sculpt, I've had the Momtoys version and I really hated how that one looked. With Supermad, they give you two head sculpts. A regular one looking straight, and the second one (as shown) looking to the side with messier/worn makeup.

Harley Quinn Close-up (Click Here):
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) B4Or3xF
Here you should be able to see the paint application and the details on the makeup better

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) MI15K01
4th Shelf: This space is just mostly empty/undecided, its too low for any 1/6 figure to stand. So I just let Scarlett/Black Widow sit there all alone.

Scarlett/Black Widow (slightly suggestive?):
Here's some close-up of Scarlett, out of all the BW/Scar Jo sculpts, I like this one (Civil War ver.) the most.

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 5AnUo29
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 35260412154_d1cc38e3de_h
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 36059392796_5e59038bd6_h
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 35260411754_bcc272925f_h


And lastly, here's a few more non 1/6 I have.

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) OeKkzfO
Some more Mini Final Fantasy VII characters, you probably know by now, I'm crazy about Final Fantasy 7 Razz

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) Xuh90mI
Gundam Wing Zero (RG 1/144 scale model kit)

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) HP6yRks
Mega Man X (Black Armor Ver.) by TruForce


This is all I have on display at the moment. Thank you so much for looking  Very Happy

#collection #display #custom #kitbash #sci-fi #fantasy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a beautiful collection, Fox, and so beautifully displayed! I love what you have done with those cabinet shelves and your figures, boxed and custom alike. The backgrounds really pop and I am still so impressed with your Eva.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice collection. Very impressive. I really like all the changes you made to your ladies. That's a great use of the Quiet HS for Lara (pale or suntan body?). Did you make the armor on your Cyber-Girl? Awesome if you did. She's one of my favorites of yours. Thanks for posting all the cool photos and for the links to your flickr albums.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

Fox915

Fox915
GubernatorFan wrote:This is a beautiful collection, Fox, and so beautifully displayed! I love what you have done with those cabinet shelves and your figures, boxed and custom alike. The backgrounds really pop and I am still so impressed with your Eva.

Thank you GF, I'm so glad you liked them and the background, and appreciate you remembered Eve. I don't have access to quality prints, so the background is printed at home on 8 (or more) sheets of A4 paper, trimmed and glued together. If you look closely, you'd probably see some of the seams. Razz

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice collection. Very impressive. I really like all the changes you made to your ladies. That's a great use of the Quiet HS for Lara (pale or suntan body?). Did you make the armor on your Cyber-Girl? Awesome if you did. She's one of my favorites of yours. Thanks for posting all the cool photos and for the links to your flickr albums.

Thank you so much Stryker, the Queit HS (Lara) is on a Phicen Van Helsing body, its somewhere in between the new and the old suntan, but it's slightly grayish tone. I've had better results with the fist Sparta Warrior body, but didn't use that because I wanted to leave Sparta in her original body.

As for the Cyber-girl, yes I did. The armor's made with polymer clay. Also thank you so much for checking my flickr albums Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fox915 wrote:Thank you GF, I'm so glad you liked them and the background, and appreciate you remembered Eve. I don't have access to quality prints, so the background is printed at home on 8 (or more) sheets of A4 paper, trimmed and glued together. If you look closely, you'd probably see some of the seams. Razz

Well, she's unforgettable, just like they say in the song! Smile And I really do love your backgrounds, and I did not notice the seams until you pointed them out -- they look perfect enough to me. But we are our own's worst critics, and if that bothers you, perhaps you can check whether office supply and electronics stores have printing services for larger color prints. I bring my files in digital form to the local Staples and have them printed on matte poster paper, but I don't know what is available where you live and whether it is affordable enough. By the way, the background doesn't need to be super high quality -- since it is background, a lower resolution will not be readily noticeable and indeed being a little bit fuzzy (though not very) might be ok and even look more realistic. That doesn't mean that I don't try to go for 300 dpi resolution when I can, but anything over 72 dpi (standard resolution for web browsing) should be just fine. It is often difficult to find the desired image at a high enough resolution and when you stretch it to make it larger, the resolution goes down...


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ZombieKev


Nice collection! Really love your cabinet display! I was wondering, where did you get the glass cabinet (first picture) from?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Really great collection! Agreed with the above, those printed backgrounds really add a lot to the display. And I'm with you, that Supermad Harley is adorable, especially with the smudged make-up. I always liked that Harley outfit design too.

I'm still in awe of the work you did on that cyber armor girl. I remember the thread from OSW, and I was completely floored. She looks incredible, and it's still one of the most impressive builds I've seen.


_________________
www.reverendspooky.com
http://reverendspooky.com

dadrab

dadrab
Good stuff, indeed.

Suffice it to say that I'm a fan. That Arkham Knight is killer.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh, and I had forgotten to mention, poor lonely ScarJo! She need a friend down there to keep her company! Talk to Stryker. He has a lonely Jean Luc Picard that I'm sure would love to make her acquaintance Wink


_________________
www.reverendspooky.com
http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh, and I had forgotten to mention, poor lonely ScarJo!  She need a friend down there to keep her company!  Talk to Stryker.  He has a lonely Jean Luc Picard that I'm sure would love to make her acquaintance Wink  

That he would (and who could blame him Laughing)


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

brassco

brassco
Yes I remembered Eve from another forum. Still wish to buy that! And nice work with Akane! Great Harley figure too! I wonder if any brands would make tattoo figure of a seamless male version. ..

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Very nice collection and display! I love those backgrounds, but why is the second level so high? Wouldn't that free up space on the bottom if it were shorter? Probably because of the backdrop right?

Actually the bottom level reminds me of that 7.5 floor in that weird movie Being John Malkovich! Laughing


_________________
Tank Girl

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed great looking collection!


_________________
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Fox915

Fox915
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, she's unforgettable, just like they say in the song! Smile And I really do love your backgrounds, and I did not notice the seams until you pointed them out -- they look perfect enough to me. But we are our own's worst critics, and if that bothers you, perhaps you can check whether office supply and electronics stores have printing services for larger color prints. I bring my files in digital form to the local Staples and have them printed on matte poster paper, but I don't know what is available where you live and whether it is affordable enough. By the way, the background doesn't need to be super high quality -- since it is background, a lower resolution will not be readily noticeable and indeed being a little bit fuzzy (though not very) might be ok and even look more realistic. That doesn't mean that I don't try to go for 300 dpi resolution when I can, but anything over 72 dpi (standard resolution for web browsing) should be just fine. It is often difficult to find the desired image at a high enough resolution and when you stretch it to make it larger, the resolution goes down...
Thanks again GF, I hope you’re referring to Nat King Cole’s Unforgettable, that’s one of my faves. Very Happy

Also, I’ll keep in mind about the DPI and resolution when printing, thanks for these great advice.


ZombieKev wrote:Nice collection!  Really love your cabinet display!  I was wondering, where did you get the glass cabinet (first picture) from?
Thanks ZombieKev, I got it from a local furniture mall called Index. It comes with 5 shelves default, but I removed one for a taller display in middle.


ReverendSpooky wrote:Really great collection!  Agreed with the above, those printed backgrounds really add a lot to the display.  And I'm with you, that Supermad Harley is adorable, especially with the smudged make-up.  I always liked that Harley outfit design too.  

I'm still in awe of the work you did on that cyber armor girl.  I remember the thread from OSW, and I was completely floored.  She looks incredible, and it's still one of the most impressive builds I've seen.

Thank you Rev, I’m glad you liked Harley, she was hard to pass once I saw the in-hand pics, despite having being disappointed by MomToys’ Harley earlier.

And thank you for your kind words (back then and now) on the cyber armor. Very Happy

dadrab wrote:Good stuff, indeed.

Suffice it to say that I'm a fan. That Arkham Knight is killer.

Thank you Dadrab, The Arkham Knight really shines, especially under some LED lights, the helmet and its (underlying) texture really pops.


ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh, and I had forgotten to mention, poor lonely ScarJo!  She need a friend down there to keep her company!  Talk to Stryker.  He has a lonely Jean Luc Picard that I'm sure would love to make her acquaintance Wink  

Stryker2011 wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh, and I had forgotten to mention, poor lonely ScarJo!  She need a friend down there to keep her company!  Talk to Stryker.  He has a lonely Jean Luc Picard that I'm sure would love to make her acquaintance Wink  

That he would (and who could blame him Laughing)
Hehe, I'm sure they would make great a acquaintances.  Smile

brassco wrote:Yes I remembered Eve from another forum. Still wish to buy that! And nice work with Akane! Great Harley figure too! I wonder if any brands would make tattoo figure of a seamless male version. ..
Thanks Brassco, I really appreciate that. I would guess it’s very difficult for tattoos to stick (and stay stuck) to seamless bodies, excessive handling might wear or rub them off. I’ve also seen people apply waterslide decals on seamless bodies and given them matte coats for protection. Not sure how they’ll hold up in the long run though.


tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Very nice collection and display! I love those backgrounds, but why is the second level so high? Wouldn't that free up space on the bottom if it were shorter? Probably because of the backdrop right?

Actually the bottom level reminds me of that 7.5 floor in that weird movie Being John Malkovich! Laughing
Thank you TGF, yep the second level’s a little odd. Back then, I had to make room to display a pair of 1/4 scale NECA Batman(s), I ran the wiring and attached the LED strips, but after I started making customs and the collection expanded, I had to store the Batmen as they take up too much space. I never returned the middle space to the original height because of the wiring complications (I'm not very good with electrical stuff).

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed great looking collection!
Thank you Bad Wolf, mine pales in comparison to your astonishing collection, amazing throne room and dueling area. Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I can only echo the others in that it's a great collection and really well presented.

CHEERS!

Fox915

Fox915
Rogerbee wrote:I can only echo the others in that it's a great collection and really well presented.

CHEERS!
Thank you, I really appreciate it. Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

Kukolka

Kukolka
You did an excellent job on the background scenes. Nice setup of FFVII with antagonists behind like they don't know they're there. Surprised   Agreed Black Widow would like some company!

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Fox915

Fox915
Kukolka wrote:You did an excellent job on the background scenes. Nice setup of FFVII with antagonists behind like they don't know they're there. Surprised   Agreed Black Widow would like some company!

Thanks Kukolka, I'm glad you liked the FFVII setup. I think I may have to find BW/Scarlett some company soon. Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
very nice collection indeed. especially like the skyline backdrop, in fact it gave me an idea to enhance one of my dio´s if i can pull it off.

cheers
tjolnir

Fox915

Fox915
Tjolnir wrote:very nice collection indeed. especially like the skyline backdrop, in fact it gave me an idea to enhance one of my dio´s if i can pull it off.

cheers
tjolnir

Thank you Tjolnir, I find myself looking at it quite a lot, when fully lit by LED's the city lights seems to give off the illusion of glow as well.

I'd say go for it, I'm sure you'll do much better than me. Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

Ephiane

Ephiane
That are some amazing figures and You have a fine and clear style of photographie !

Allotropos

Allotropos
Fox915 wrote:
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) POrrrhQ
2nd Shelf: 5 customs I've made these past few years. (If you'd like to see more, click on their names/link below.)
[Lara Croft, Tifa Lockhart, Eve (Cyber-girl), Akane (Kunoichi), and Amanda (Vampire Hunter)]


Most of these haven't had any changes to them after completion, with the exception of Lara and Tifa. Lara's had various updates/changes these past few years, while Tifa only had one.

I recall seeing some of the WIPS for some of figs (I think it was FB? or the other site - cant remember) and I do remember being just blown away by the amount of work put into them !

Variety is the spice of life and I'm sure you're not the only one who collects other scales / collectibles aside from 1/6.
Always enjoy seeing collections displayed by collectors and the different set ups and arrangements so thanks for sharing Fox !


_________________
display - Some of my collection/display (a few non 1/6 scale) AH5gGa0

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum