OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord. King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
As the subject of posting old work here has been discussed, I thought I'd bring over to OSF my 1st few threads from the post apocalyptic world of the Radio Kings, combined into one massive megapost.  As I add new characters and new threads, I wanted to be able to refer back to this introduction to the Radio Kings story, and figured it'd be good to keep it local here on OSF, instead of referring back to OSW or my own site.

Hopefully it's not too photo dense, or you aren't too bored or sick of old work.  I'm hoping to have a bunch of new stuff up soon.

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9259_orig

Crowther, known as Saint Crow, is the 1st finished figure in a series of post-apocalyptic figures I'm working on.  Here's a bit of back story on him, and the world of the Radio Kings.

When the end came, it was not with a bang. No, in the end, we proved that neglect, greed, and ignorance could do more damage than bombs ever could (although the bombs would come later). The temperature continued to change, but we ignored the signs. We polluted the ground, and the air, until almost nothing could grow. When access to clean water, clean land, clean food became a privilege reserved for those that could afford it, so did good health.

While the rich grew powerful, unchecked, this shortsightedness could not last forever.

By the time it became impossible to ignore, it was too late. By the time the people fought back, there was almost nothing left to fight for, so they killed each other for the scraps left behind, while the world starved and rotted and the cities burned.

Still, the richest survived. They built impenetrable citadels, hoarding what resources were left. They took the technology, and with it the means to grow food, to clean the air and the water, and they crushed anyone who came for them, for there was only enough left for themselves. They saved those that would be useful to them, convincing them that to be a servant behind the safety of the walls, was better than to die outside of them. And this they chose to believe.

Over 100 years have passed. In the wastes, only the the strong, the heartless, and the brutal thrive. They've finally learned the lessons of the world's former masters. The fortresses that the leaders of the old world built to survive have become their prisons and tombs. Men who knew nothing but how to reap what others had sown, everything they have continues to break down and decay. So their soldiers venture out into the wastes to take what they want - the servants that they need, children to fill their army's ranks, and anyone with the knowledge to fix their decaying systems.

But even now, there is hope.

Crowther, or Saint Crow as he came to be known, was the first of the Radio Kings. Born in the wastes, he was taken by the men of the Citadels and raised as a soldier, his body modified to be strong, fast, resilient. Children were pitted against each other, until only the strongest survived - and Crowther was a survivor. But once outside the walls, everything changed.

He was part of a scavenging party, looking for old technology, when he discovered rock & roll - The Clash's London's Calling cassette, still in an old radio - and there was no going back. He escaped his masters and disappeared into the wastes. He wandered for years, digging through the ruins of the old world, and devoured any music he could find. Cassettes, cds, vinyl, old MP3 players, anything that he could get working. And then he found it - an old radio station that could be repaired, in a town that could be rebuilt. He sent out word. He'd gather the people necessary to make it all work. This is where he would start over.

Others would follow, and other towns, other stations would rise. In a world where so much had lost any value, old records became currency among these new leaders. They would build something new from the ashes of the old world. This is the world of the Radio Kings.

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9239_1_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9247_2_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9245_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9253_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9249_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9256_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9260_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9272_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9271_1_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9262_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9267_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9277_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9280_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9284_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9287_1_orig

And no one survives long in the wastes without allies. So I got a few pics of some work in progress figures of some of the other characters from this post apocalyptic world.  

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9292_1_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9295_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9297_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Radiokingscropped_1_orig

Saint Crow was the 1st of the Radio Kings, but not the only one. As his word spread, others rallied to his dream. Other towns formed, radio stations revived, and other Radio Kings were crowned. And among them, no currency more valuable than old records. Music from the old world was recovered in a number of ways, and while finding old hard drives and digital music players provided a treasure trove of perfectly preserved music, there was something about the rarity of well preserved records, as well as that undefinable quality that vinyl record seem to possess, that made them so priceless among the Radio Kings.

I've been wanting to make 1/6 scale records for the longest time, but as I developed the post apocalyptic world of the Radio Kings, it just started to feel like a necessary prop.

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1576_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1578_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1580_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1584_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1587_1_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1594_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1595_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1597_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1600_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1603_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516832976-img-1607_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9592_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9593_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9594_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9595_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9596_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9597_orig

So, now that I'd been making 1/6 records, I knew I needed a record player. I've been looking for one for a while now, and finally decided I'd take a crack at just making my own. I feel like the design is totally something I'd pick up myself if I saw it.

While the record player at the The Lighthouse, the radio station Saint Crow had found, worked perfectly well, he had long been scavenging the wastes, searching for one of his own. When he finally found one mostly intact, along with a couple of truly impressive floor speakers, he rearranged the old industrial space he has made into his home to accommodate the new additions. But getting them working was far beyond his technical know-how, so he brought in help.

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1634_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1619_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1627_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1636_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1639_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1644_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1656_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1661_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1665_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1681_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1683_2_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1685_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1691_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1693_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! 7516773856-img-1695_orig

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! Img-9850_orig

#custom #diorama #outdoors

http://reverendspooky.com

dadrab

dadrab
I can't get tired of looking at these photos. There some damn fine stuff going on here.

The records were then and still are strokes of genius. (And, thank you very much for the Mahogany Rush album and I haven't forgotten that I promised to return the favor).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
YES!!!

So glad you brought these over. This is one of my favorites. So many cool things. Overwhelming.

Must. Pass. Out. Now....

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
How could anyone get enough of so much intricate sixth-scale goodness! Thank you for bringing these here, in all their glory.
Remind me, is St Crow's head a reworked David Beckham head?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I am just (still) totally overwhelmed by how good this is, on every level. Just physically as diorama work it's top of the tops, perfectly executed and meticulously detailed. Better still the details aren't just skilful, but they are clever and surprising and engaging. I pick up something new each time I look.

But it's not just the hobby bashing craft work that gets kudos. The underlying concept is truly original, and while we throw that word around a lot, it's genuinely rare. 50+ pictures, and there is not one one fumble nor a false note, whether on the art/mood level or in the physical detail. It's oddball and eccentric but it totally works. The "Radio Kings" should get their own rock musical. Jim Steinman gets his hands on this and you've got somethin'.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
That is Brilliant! All of it! I notice you like to use Kotobukiya's MSG stuff too, that staircase is awesome did you make it? The whole warehouse studio dio is a work of art and of course so are the characters! Where did those amazing pistols come from? I want an airgun one, never made a 1/1 revolver before... scratch Wonderful world you have created, would tie in perfectly with "The Badlands" and "Revolution"!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Holy wow!! This is some of the most creative and detailed and beautifully photographed 1/6 art I've ever seen! This is usually not my thing but everything is so well crafted and built it's amazing! And you wrote that story? I'm assuming yes because I googled the character and some keywords and only came up with your website. I'm pretty ignorant of this type of genre so I thought maybe you were modeling some graphic novel or TV series. So, assuming you created this entire story and world and built the figures and environments and photographed it, just wow... Shocked  Terrific writing too (I'm a former book editor, so I've seen my share)!

I totally missed this on OSW, so now I see the wisdom of putting old work on the General Talk forum. I would never have seen it otherwise.

Awesome work! I love you cheers

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed great stuff, very cool looking cast of characters, great story line and amazing looking diorama set.

Fox915

Fox915
It's so nice to see Saint Crow and the Radio Kings again, brings back good feelings and vibes I get seeing them for the first time back at the old place. As always, the characters, environment both indoors and outdoors has always left me breathless and keeps me wanting to see more, to explore further. I've always loved and appreciated the care, attention, and creativity you've put into your photography.

Thank you for refreshing my memories and rekindling the good vibes. Very Happy

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
This is all superb stuff,

Original and so well thought out and put together, well done.

I can see that we need to work on long thread titles at the top of the page though, I'm sure there's some text option that needs tweaking.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Seriously guys, thank you all so much. The Radio Kings stuff is a project I pour a lot of love into, a way of putting into physical form a story that just rattles around in my head all the time.  It's a mash up of my love of action figures, weird fiction and rock and roll, into hopefully something fresh and new.  Whenever it's greeted with this kind of kindness and enthusiasm just makes me want to get back at it, and attack it with fresh intensity.  There are so many great artists doing work that just awes me, sometimes I think I'll never catch up.  But comments like these go a long way in keeping the fight in my fists and stoking the fire in my belly.  So seriously, thanks.

dadrab wrote:I can't get tired of looking at these photos. There some damn fine stuff going on here.

The records were then and still are strokes of genius. (And, thank you very much for the Mahogany Rush album and I haven't forgotten that I promised to return the favor).

Whenever I find someone else who rock and roll has burned down into the way it has for me, it just makes me want to be able to share something like that.  Just knowing you'd dig it really made me want to send you one, and that already more than pays that tab.  But if you've got something fun in mind, I'll never say no...

Stryker2011 wrote:YES!!!

So glad you brought these over. This is one of my favorites. So many cool things. Overwhelming.

Must. Pass. Out. Now....

You guys make this forum is such a great spot, and I wanted the Radio Kings world to live here as well.  So happy, even when after the initial reveal is over, that you still dig it.  

GubernatorFan wrote:How could anyone get enough of so much intricate sixth-scale goodness! Thank you for bringing these here, in all their glory.
Remind me, is St Crow's head a reworked David Beckham head?

St Crow is in fact a David Beckham head.  My girl and a few friends all like to tease me about it, since I've got 3 of the Beckham heads.  1 got used for St Crow, another for a custom Gambit, and the 3rd is hanging around for a potential character for another project.  Whenever I'm stumped on a head sculpt to use, one of them will ask if I want to use another David Beckham head.  What can I say, the guy's a handsome dude.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:.
I am just (still) totally overwhelmed by how good this is, on every level.  Just physically as diorama work it's top of the tops, perfectly executed and meticulously detailed.  Better still the details aren't just skilful, but they are clever and surprising and engaging.  I pick up something new each time I look.  

But it's not just the hobby bashing craft work that gets kudos.  The underlying concept is truly original, and while we throw that word around a lot, it's genuinely rare.  50+ pictures, and there is not one one fumble nor a false note, whether on the art/mood level or in the physical detail.  It's oddball and eccentric but it totally works.  The "Radio Kings" should get their own rock musical.  Jim Steinman gets his hands on this and you've got somethin'.

I DREAM of Radio Kings films, but I'd INSIST on picking the soundtrack! Very Happy

shovelchop81 wrote:That is Brilliant! All of it! I notice you like to use Kotobukiya's MSG stuff too, that staircase is awesome did you make it? The whole warehouse studio dio is a work of art and of course so are the characters! Where did those amazing pistols come from? I want an airgun one, never made a 1/1 revolver before... scratch Wonderful world you have created, would tie in perfectly with "The Badlands" and "Revolution"!

Those Kotobukiya sets are so rad, right?!?!  I keep grabbing them up when I see them, and they're pure gold for sci-fi projects.  The pistols are from the DAM Gangster Kingdom Billy figure, and are based on the Taurus Raging Judge, an absolute beast of a handgun.  So far, all of the GK figures that have had any of the Judge style pistols have come with the .410 shotgun shells, but I've been considering trying to cast some .454 shells as well.  And I did make the spiral staircase!  The steps are made from cheap wooden asian fans.  It's pretty much all wood, matte black spray paint, and weathering powder rust.  Stumbled on a tutorial for making one for a dollhouse, and seemed easy enough to adapt to 1/6.

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Holy wow!! This is some of the most creative and detailed and beautifully photographed 1/6 art I've ever seen! This is usually not my thing but everything is so well crafted and built it's amazing! And you wrote that story? I'm assuming yes because I googled the character and some keywords and only came up with your website. I'm pretty ignorant of this type of genre so I thought maybe you were modeling some graphic novel or TV series. So, assuming you created this entire story and world and built the figures and environments and photographed it, just wow... Shocked  Terrific writing too (I'm a former book editor, so I've seen my share)!

I totally missed this on OSW, so now I see the wisdom of putting old work on the General Talk forum. I would never have seen it otherwise.

Awesome work! I love you cheers

Yeah, your thread on re-posting old work here was kinda my inspiration to bring these over.  And based on your comments, further evidence supporting not dividing up the forum into sub sections.  I've checked out so many threads for things that weren't necessarily my thing either, but been so much richer for it.  And I'm always glad when the forum is set up in a way that I stumble on cool work that's outside of my scope of usual interests, or when someone who wouldn't usually be seek out my stuff finds and dig it.  And I'm really glad you did.

The Radio Kings world is all me.  I'd wanted to do post apocalyptic figures, but needed something to build on, that influenced and grounded the designs.  The concept became sort of a love letter to rock and roll, and the spirit of that enduring into the wastelands.  Pretty soon, it kinda ran away with me, and the cast of character just continued to grow, with complex relationships and backstories all kinda informing the props and details of the figures.  

I keep thinking of trying to write the whole thing out, but whenever I have the time, I just keep making more figures.  If you still know anyone from your publishing days who wants a post-apocalyptic rock and roll story, I definitely have a few books worth just banging around in my brain.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed great stuff, very cool looking cast of characters, great story line and amazing looking diorama set.

I know you get it man!  Nothing as fun as breaking out the figures and stepping in to that 1/6 world.

Fox915 wrote:It's so nice to see Saint Crow and the Radio Kings again, brings back good feelings and vibes I get seeing them for the first time back at the old place. As always, the characters, environment both indoors and outdoors has always left me breathless and keeps me wanting to see more, to explore further. I've always loved and appreciated the care, attention, and creativity you've put into your photography.

Thank you for refreshing my memories and rekindling the good vibes. Very Happy

So glad to have it set up here in this forum, sharing with this crowd.  

Rogerbee wrote:This is all superb stuff,

Original and so well thought out and put together, well done.

I can see that we need to work on long thread titles at the top of the page though, I'm sure there's some text option that needs tweaking.

CHEERS!

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't know how much control you guys had to adjust that.  I guess I'm the 1st one to really push my luck on title length. Razz

http://reverendspooky.com

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I don't know on that score, Guber might.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky -- glad I was able to identify the head. It looks almost unrecognizable and certainly very cool. It was the sculpting of the hair that gave it away. And don't worry... if we were judged by how many head sculpts of X or Y we own... I get well-executed head sculpts even if I do not (yet) know what I will do with them. And there have certainly been a ton of Beckhams out there (alongside Arnolds, Paul Walkers, Chris Evanses, Christian Bales, Thors, and Henry Cavills), so it is only natural that you would own 3. In fact, it is surprising they are only 3. Anyway, thanks again for putting together your various Radio Kings images and posting them here. And I hope down the line we'll see more.

Roger -- I wish you'd find some better abbreviation for me than "Guber." Smile I will look into it, but nothing jumps to mind regarding the spacing of long thread lines. I immediately thought this thread could have been named: Saint Crow, 1st of the Radio Kings, Megapost.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Roger -- I wish you'd find some better abbreviation for me than "Guber." Smile

AHAHAHAA!!Thanks for that. I think I peed a little.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Diorama - Saint Crow - 1st of the Radio Kings & Post Apocalyptic Warlord.  King's Currency: Wasteland Salvaged Records, Turntable, and Speakers MEGAPOST!!! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Roger -- I wish you'd find some better abbreviation for me than "Guber." Smile

Lol... If I were a little bit more full of myself, I'd ask to be called gov'nor (as a Brit, Roger should be able to manage that better than I can). After all, that's what gubernator means... but I am keeping the German form because I am a Terminator -- Arnold -- sometime Governor of California = Gubernator fan. Smile

Fun fact (well, sorta) -- there was some Russian clip on youtube where they sing a very convincing parody of Hotel California, in which they refer to Arnold as the "new terminator of California, such an awesome man." He (or rather an actor playing him) comes out on stage (in Terminator character) and interrupts the music to announce: "Dear Californians, if anyone should ever offend you, I will take off their head. So be kind to one another, otherwise all will suffer." Or something like that, if memory serves.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The pistols are from the DAM Gangster Kingdom Billy figure, and are based on the Taurus Raging Judge, an absolute beast of a handgun. So far, all of the GK figures that have had any of the Judge style pistols have come with the .410 shotgun shells, but I've been considering trying to cast some .454 shells as well. And I did make the spiral staircase! The steps are made from cheap wooden asian fans. It's pretty much all wood, matte black spray paint, and weathering powder rust. Stumbled on a tutorial for making one for a dollhouse, and seemed easy enough to adapt to 1/6. wrote:

Great info, thanks!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Lol... If I were a little bit more full of myself, I'd ask to be called gov'nor (as a Brit, Roger should be able to manage that better than I can). After all, that's what gubernator means... but I am keeping the German form because I am a Terminator -- Arnold -- sometime Governor of California = Gubernator fan. Smile

Fun fact (well, sorta) -- there was some Russian clip on youtube where they sing a very convincing parody of Hotel California, in which they refer to Arnold as the "new terminator of California, such an awesome man." He (or rather an actor playing him) comes out on stage (in Terminator character) and interrupts the music to announce: "Dear Californians, if anyone should ever offend you, I will take off their head. So be kind to one another, otherwise all will suffer." Or something like that, if memory serves.

I see, so what will you answer to?

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I see, so what will you answer to?

Well, I haven't refused to answer to anything so far... just Guber seems a little off. Gubernator or even GF seems fine. And no, the latter doesn't make me your girlfriend (MBAM!). lol

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ok, Gubernator it is then.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:I see, so what will you answer to?

Well, I haven't refused to answer to anything so far... just Guber seems a little off. Gubernator or even GF seems fine. And no, the latter doesn't make me your girlfriend (MBAM!). lol

Damn.. that never even crossed my mind calling you GF all these years now! Embarassed Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum