OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Star Wars collection

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:38 am

scalawag

scalawag
Well having nothing new figure wise to post about, and this being a new forum to me I thought I would post up some pics of my existing figures as they are currently displayed.  I'm starting with my Star Wars collection, I hope you enjoy them.

Droids, Jawas and Tuskan Raider
starwars - My Star Wars collection ABUqIIp]

Sandtroopers
starwars - My Star Wars collection HKY46TP

Scout Trooper
starwars - My Star Wars collection VLoGNA1

Darth Vader and Stormtroopers
starwars - My Star Wars collection MLKuqbU

ESB Bounty Hunters (still waiting for my SideShow Dengar and Zuckus to arrive Rolling Eyes
starwars - My Star Wars collection O7ZKuoT

A few other Bounty Hunters
starwars - My Star Wars collection 4oxguah

And Kylo Ren and 1st Order Stormtrooper
starwars - My Star Wars collection C8m1Xes

#starwars #sideshow #hottoys #collection

2starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice collection. I recognize all of them, except the girl in purple with her face covered. Is she from the prequels?

3starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:02 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote: Nice collection. I recognize all of them, except the girl in purple with her face covered. Is she from the prequels?

Yeah she is a Bounty hunter/assassin called Zam Wessell from Attack of the Clones.

4starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:04 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very nice collection!
I'm especially drawn to the Bossk, I would love to know how he got his flight suit.
The whole group is outstanding though.
The lighting for your photoshoot is excellent!

5starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:08 am

scalawag

scalawag
Pontiacivan wrote:Very nice collection!
I'm especially drawn to the Bossk, I would love to know how he got his flight suit.
The whole group is outstanding though.
The lighting for your photoshoot is excellent!

Thanks mate,

Really glad you like them.

Yeah I know what you mean with Bossks flight suit. I think he had to be sewn into it lol.

The photos have no special lighting, just taken in place where they normally live in my lounge with my iPhone 8. They do look nicely lit I must admit but more by accident than design Shocked Shocked Very Happy

6starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice collection, and, as usual, very nicely displayed. That gizmo on the wall behind the droids fits right in. And it was nice that you matched the helmets with the figures (scout, bounty hunter). Also, it is good to see you are taking security into account and with Kylo Ren in the way, no one is going to mess with your papyrus! Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

7starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:55 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice collection, and, as usual, very nicely displayed. That gizmo on the wall behind the droids fits right in. And it was nice that you matched the helmets with the figures (scout, bounty hunter). Also, it is good to see you are taking security into account and with Kylo Ren in the way, no one is going to mess with your papyrus! Wink

Yeah I had not really noticed but that is the base unit for my smart lights and a couple of our UK power plugs behind the droids. It kind of works I guess Very Happy

I love the 1-1 props from star wars too, and as you can see i have a little collection, little because they are generally fearfully expensive. It seemed logical to display the figures and helmets together.

Glad you like them mate.

8starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am

ostfront43

ostfront43
Star Wars! Awesome display of 1:1 and smaller scale coolness. Really digging the Stormtrooper collection.

9starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 am

scalawag

scalawag
ostfront43 wrote:Star Wars! Awesome display of 1:1 and smaller scale coolness. Really digging the Stormtrooper collection.  

Cheers mate, Glad you like the displays.

I think the original stormtroopers are probably my favourite characters from the Star Wars films. Its difficult to have a favourite though really as I love them all.

The 1-1 stuff is nice, and I love the pieces I have already, but they do tend to be exceptionally expensive for what they are. Its the licensing and it seems that Star Wars on the package will always raise the price too. I may well get more in the future, but I will have to budget for it lol. Shocked Shocked Shocked

10starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 am

scalawag

scalawag
Hi All,

I had notification today that my SideShow Zuckus figure should be with me next week, Yeah bounce bounce bounce cheers And Dengar should be with me by the end of the month Very Happy Very Happy

I will start a new thread for each when they arrive to give you my in hand impressions of them, and probably one to show the ESB Bounty hunter team with them added too.

11starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Looking forward to your reviews.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - My Star Wars collection C8485110

12starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Stryker. They really made you wait for these figures...

13starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 am

dadrab

dadrab
With any luck, the wait will be worth it.

Looking forward to a few photos, if you can see your way clear...

14starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:05 am

scalawag

scalawag
Oh yes there will definitely be photos once I have them in my grubby little mitts Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

The waiting is one of the problems here, you either preorder from a UK retailer and wait, or you buy from overseas and get hit with VAT and import duty on the figure and postage. Neutral

15starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:54 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Figures ! You really need a Outdoor Pictue of your Sand Troopers, maybe with sun in the back

16starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks to GF for posting the link in your other thread, Paul, I’ve spent a little more time looking at all this SW goodness. How are the SS Jawas? They’re still available from SS last I checked.

I’ve always told myself that unless an actor’s face was visible (or could be) that I wasn’t going to buy any non-human characters (aside from Chewbacca), but now that the taint of the prequels has finally left me (and I can enjoy the OT again) I’m thinking more and more about obtaining some of the secondary and tertiary characters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - My Star Wars collection C8485110

17starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Ephiane wrote:Great Figures ! You really need a Outdoor Pictue of your Sand Troopers, maybe with sun in the back

Yeah I have thought about this too. I have been looking out for a suitable outdoor setting for them. I may try using some of my DAK backgrounds but they really have too much vegetation in them for Tatooine.

18starwars - My Star Wars collection Empty Re: My Star Wars collection Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks to GF for posting the link in your other thread, Paul, I’ve spent a little more time looking at all this SW goodness. How are the SS Jawas? They’re still available from SS last I checked.

I’ve always told myself that unless an actor’s face was visible (or could be) that I wasn’t going to buy any non-human characters (aside from Chewbacca), but now that the taint of the prequels has finally left me (and I can enjoy the OT again) I’m thinking more and more about obtaining some of the secondary and tertiary characters.

Thats funny mate, I have always been the opposite, no human faces for me lol.  The only Star Wars characters I have with a human head is Leia as Boussh and Zam Wessell, but Boussh always has the helmeted head on and the Leia head stays in the box, and Zam Wessel has a veil covering the face (its a Hasbro 12" figure that fills a gap at the moment). 

The Jawas are pretty cool.  They have a good number of extras, the eyes light up and they are very well articulated.  The down side is the leg joints are very loose and it can be difficult to get them to hold some poses.  I will dig out the pics of the Jawas and the Tusken Raider and do a couple of mini reviews on them. Wink

UPDATE

I have posted a couple of mini reviews for the Jawas and Tusken Raider:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t137-mini-review-tusken-raider

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t136-mini-review-sideshow-jawas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum