OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco
Narama, the Huntress of Men. During the ancient times of mankind, more than 5,000 years ago, the Undying ruled the world.

Among these demonic creatures bred by Arkhalla, the Undying Queen of Ur, there was one with no equal. One who became a legend across these bloodstained lands of Sumer. Narama, the queen’s most powerful weapon, was the strongest Undying ever created by Arkhalla. But deep in her heart, Narama concealed a dark secret she kept hidden for two hundred years. Her love for Bel, the Great Warlord of Ur… and her hatred for her Queen.

Packing List:

1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x headscarf
5) 1 x bikini top
6) 1 x skirt with belt
7) 1 x right shoulder armor
Cool 1 x shoulder strap
9) 2 x armlets
10) 2 x forearm armors
11) 1 x thigh band
12) 2 x calf armors
13) 1 pair x feet with shoes
14) 1 x quiver
15) 1 x bow
16) 6 x arrows
17) 1 x sickle sword
18) 1 x base

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 01

The box. It's thicker, so base included.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 03

The front and the sides of the box.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 04
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 05

First look at the contents. Secured packaging as usual. I must say, that there are not alot of accessories. However another archer is always welcome...

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 06
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 07

The contents. I like it that Phicen is letting collectors have more hands on interaction with the figure...that's the point right...

I checked some websites offering seperate items for sale, and i think the top can be taken off. However i couldn't really take it off...the button on the left shoulder doesn't seems to be the fastener for the top. Maybe have to remove by squeezing thru the body. The dress no issue. And if you must know, there is a sewn on black underwear.

The sickle sword is plastic. the arrows, are again, somewhat shorter than i preferred. The length of the arrows would not allow me to do better pose for the archer...

oh yes, when i accidentally dropped the arrows, one of the arrows' head fell off. I could put it back, but it seems to be loosen.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 08
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 09
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 10
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 11
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 12

The main figure. The HS, well, another great design by Phicen. Didn't give me the feeling that she resembled any of the previous figure. Well done again in this department.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 13
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 14
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 15
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 16

Well, putting on the accessories and armor onto the figure did not pose any difficulties. I just referred to the box for the pictures, and was able to dress her up in a breeze.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 17

The base. No support stand to help me pose her. Nice to have though.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 18
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 19

Nothing puzzling as to how to put on the quiver.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 20

I like the hair fringe, allowing a different look when i put on her headscarf.

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 21
TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure 22

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the review. I have to say, I’m not feeling the pleather — looks way too stiff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review and the informative images, some of which were also quite artistic in their dynamic poses (I love the last photos in particular). I actually liked the pleather in itself, although I think it looks far too neat (and, yes, stiff) to be realistic. It is sad that the arrows are too short for a more proper shooting pose, and the hood also doesn't seem to work very well (maybe they should have lined its edges with a wire). The sculpted sandals look rather masculine, but perhaps that is more appropriate for a female warrior character than the dainty versions we have seen before. Since I am not familiar with what (if any) art work TBLeague used to create the character, I suppose it is difficult to pass judgment. I did notice the reference to Arkhalla and the ARH logo on the box, so I imagine this is at least loosely derived from one of their characters, like so many similar products. As usual (with some exceptions), I'm not loving this enough to get it, but I like individual parts and aspects of it very much.
"Huntress of Men" made me think of "Maneater," and now I can't get that song out of my head...

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Great review. I didn't get this but your review is making me rethink it.

Adeno

She's beautiful Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
The nonsense about Sumeria put me off. We know the names of hundreds of their gods and other supernatural characters and none of them are called Arkhalla. It wouldn't have taken much effort to base the background on real Sumeria. They had plenty of evil gods and demons such as Lamashtu, Pazuzu, Amashilama, Asag, and the galla demons (Pazuzu was the demon who possessed the girl in "The Exorcist").

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:The nonsense about Sumeria put me off. We know the names of hundreds of their gods and other supernatural characters and none of them are called Arkhalla. It wouldn't have taken much effort to base the background on real Sumeria. They had plenty of evil gods and demons such as Lamashtu, Pazuzu, Amashilama, Asag, and the galla demons (Pazuzu was the demon who possessed the girl in "The Exorcist").

I, too, get annoyed by all this pseudo-Mesopotamian nonsense, but consider this: wouldn't it be even more annoying if they took an actual character from Mesopotamian mythology and distorted that character's story by changing it with or interjecting all sorts of novel fantastical nonsense? So from that point of view I appreciate as much departure as possible from the distant historical "inspiration" -- it would have helped if they had also come up with a fictional city name and so on. One thing that helps (to some extent even here) is to set these things so far into the past that they are in the realm of prehistory, where there are no historical sources to be contradicted. I am reminded of the film 10,000 BC, which had plenty of issues but was ultimately a decent and spectacular (if unrealistic) adventure tale set in an unknown past, tapping into the (slightly-conspiracy) theories of alien gods, pre-historical civilization (in history, the Sphinx, in the movie, the pyramids -- which was arguably a violation of history), etc. But being so far removed from the beginning of verifiable history, even I didn't mind much.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
shazzdan wrote:The nonsense about Sumeria put me off. We know the names of hundreds of their gods and other supernatural characters and none of them are called Arkhalla. It wouldn't have taken much effort to base the background on real Sumeria. They had plenty of evil gods and demons such as Lamashtu, Pazuzu, Amashilama, Asag, and the galla demons (Pazuzu was the demon who possessed the girl in "The Exorcist").

I, too, get annoyed by all this pseudo-Mesopotamian nonsense, but consider this: wouldn't it be even more annoying if they took an actual character from Mesopotamian mythology and distorted that character's story by changing it with or interjecting all sorts of novel fantastical nonsense? So from that point of view I appreciate as much departure as possible from the distant historical "inspiration" -- it would have helped if they had also come up with a fictional city name and so on. One thing that helps (to some extent even here) is to set these things so far into the past that they are in the realm of prehistory, where there are no historical sources to be contradicted. I am reminded of the film 10,000 BC, which had plenty of issues but was ultimately a decent and spectacular (if unrealistic) adventure tale set in an unknown past, tapping into the (slightly-conspiracy) theories of alien gods, pre-historical civilization (in history, the Sphinx, in the movie, the pyramids -- which was arguably a violation of history), etc. But being so far removed from the beginning of verifiable history, even I didn't mind much.

That's what I greatly appreciate about the Conan stories by R.E. Howard -- "before" recorded history, and before the seas swallowed Atlantis. At that stage, you can do anything -- much like Tolkien's Middle-Earth.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague PL2018-139 NARAMA HUNTRESS OF MEN 1/6th Scale Action Figure C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
I prefer Howard and Tolkien's approach as well. Create a new world and riff off historical cultures to flesh it out.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Another great collection!!!!! This is awesome and simple outfit....love the poses too!!!

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Not a bad looking figure, though, being a huntress, you do wonder how she has time to get to a dry cleaners and have her outfit looking so pristine all the time, LOL!

CHEERS!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure, indeed thanks for the review, I've been considering getting this one.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Not loving the blue outfit or the feet much I'm afraid, but I do like the head, hands, arm and leg bands and armour, and of course the weaponry. One for a loose parts spree, for sure.

I've just bagged myself the head sculpt, in fact, which is why I'm posting (couldn't afford it, but it was the last one on ebay at anything approaching a reasonable price). The facial features remind me a little of the Sparta Warrior figure that changes hands for very silly money now, although the sculpt itself looks paler and the hair is shorter and a little less voluminous.

A nice companion piece for my Sparta Goddess Of War. Smile

pani

is this 22A body type?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum