OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

testing area?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1discussion - testing area? Empty testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I know we are generally against subforums for now, but is there any way we can get a test forum like at OSW so members can try out posting images or trying out sigs and avatars? I think those are the threads we definitely don't want cluttering up the main forum here.

I've obviously been having some technical trouble with one of my threads and would like to try posting some test threads to see what the problem is.

Just a thought. Thanks GF!

#discussion

2discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I know we are generally against subforums for now, but is there any way we can get a test forum like at OSW so members can try out posting images or trying out sigs and avatars? I think those are the threads we definitely don't want cluttering up the main forum here.

I've obviously been having some technical trouble with one of my threads and would like to try posting some test threads to see what the problem is.

Just a thought. Thanks GF!

#discussion

This is a good idea. We may not need a subforum though, we could just use maybe this thread itself?  It's not cluttering if it all stays in one thread.

And oh yeah, what's with"GF"?  We really need to figure out what we can call GubernatorFan colloquially.  He's already pointed out that "Guber" isn't great, fair enough.  But there's only room for one GF in my life (maybe two if they don't find out about each other).  Maybe "GFan"?  Laughing

3discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:56 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
The thing is people may not want others to see their clumsy first attempts or maybe embarrassing bad pics etc. If it's all in one this thread we all get to see them. At OSW it was a rarely visited section and nobody bothered looking at those really. Maybe I'm just too sensitive... Embarassed

And as for GF, I didn't even think of "girlfriend!" People call me TGF all the time and I don't even think it could be Tank Girlfriend! I guess GFan can work if he's fine with it.

4discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:02 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:And as for GF, I didn't even think of "girlfriend!" People call me TGF all the time and I don't even think it could be Tank Girlfriend! I guess GFan can work if he's fine with it.

Has to be better than Guber... Smile I get your point about sensitivities. I guess the Founding Fathers will have to let you know what's possible.

5discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tank Girl, it is totally fine to have a testing area thread. There actually was one, but before we discovered your issue, I figured people were all set with photo displaying and deleted it.

6discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I guess this is the new test thread then? Okay I'll try, anyone seeing this :

discussion - testing area? P1060469

I can see it.

7discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry, TGF. I can’t see anything.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - testing area? C8485110

8discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:45 am

scalawag

scalawag
Nope I can't see it either TGF Sad

9discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 am

Kukolka

Kukolka
Hi Tank Girl, Photobucket disabled third party hosting last year except for paying members. Only you can see your image on the page because you're logged into your Photobucket account.
If you post a link to the html page without trying to display the image, people will be able to follow the link to see the image on Photobucket.
Some options to display your image on the page are the "host an image" icon in the forum (image of screen with floppy disk - that will put it on servimg.com), Flickr.com (account needed), and imgur.com (no account needed).

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

10discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Tank Girl.

There is some bad blood between Forumotion and Photobucket caused by the latter's shenanigans, but that does not explain why your images were displaying fine a few days ago but not now. The setting allowing Photobucket images to be displayed on this forum is still set to allow them.

While I have not been able to get the images to display, directly, I have succeeded in getting links to show, and clicking on the link now gets you to see the working Photobucket image. Here are two ways:

1. paste plain link using the first, http portion of the image's url from your original topic image link post (from the urls of the images that used to show but now do not). This seems to be the same as the IMG field on the Photobucket page.

https://s241.photobucket.com/user/tankgirlfuzzy/media/Woman%20Warriors/Jyn%20swing2.gif.html

2. paste or insert link using the url copied from the url of your displayed image in photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/tankgirlfuzzy/media/cGF0aDpXb21hbiBXYXJyaW9ycy9KeW4gc3dpbmcyLmdpZg==/?ref=

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/tankgirlfuzzy/media/cGF0aDpXb21hbiBXYXJyaW9ycy9KeW4gc3dpbmcyLmdpZg==/?ref=

Again, is there anyone else still using Photobucket and are there problems with the displaying of their images on this forum?

11discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I suppose it wouldn't be terrible if people called me Pi. The older I get, the rounder I am. Very Happy

12discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:I suppose it wouldn't be terrible if people called me Pi. The older I get, the rounder I am. Very Happy

Laughing

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - testing area? C8485110

13discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
My thought is keep it simple.

If we can't feel comfortable being clumsy and testing how we learn/post here, then where else?

Wink

I'll be the first to post. This is me when I started doing some self and very amateur photography. I had long hair back in the day.

discussion - testing area? Leopar10

Wink Razz

14discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
DeltaForceChung wrote:My thought is keep it simple.

If we can't feel comfortable being clumsy and testing how we learn/post here, then where else?

Wink

I'll be the first to post.  This is me when I started doing some self and very amateur photography.  I had long hair back in the day.

discussion - testing area? Leopar10

Wink Razz

SO many questions answered......SO Many..
Now, many new ones as well! Very Happy

15discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Kukolka

Kukolka
Could an admin please check this?
administration panel > general > security
"Disable the display of Photobucket pictures on the forum" if it's Yes, set to No.
(Not intuitive wording; we don't want to disable display.)

discussion - testing area? Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

16discussion - testing area? Empty Re: testing area? Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kukolka wrote:Could an admin please check this?
administration panel > general > security
"Disable the display of Photobucket pictures on the forum" if it's Yes, set to No.
(Not intuitive wording; we don't want to disable display.)

Hi Kukolka,
I am familiar with this setting, it has been set correctly for a long time, but just to make sure I reset it twice over, without any improvement to Tank Girl's images.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum