OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More 1950s pulp fun

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1More 1950s pulp fun Empty More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:40 am

Andrew

Andrew
Hello again. Im still very much obsessing over 1940s and fifties comic and pulp books. And making toys to go with. How different attitudes were back then, and not really in good ways.

Heres a couple of new characters from my Dollar detective series:

Firstly, Barbara, the ex-wife of The Silver Hood:

More 1950s pulp fun 47668611891_15def68bee_kBarbara by Macktrucker, on Flickr

Barbara, ex-wife of Det. Jim Carter, and former investigative reporter on The Daily Standard. When barbara got too close the the true identity of They Grey Phantom, her husband Jim was murdered and Barbara was framed by the Phantom for the murder.  

But Det. Jim. Carter didn't die.  Aliens rebuilt his shattered face and enclosed it inside a silver case, becoming the crime fighter The Silver Hood.  Barbara was sentenced to life in prison.  Though The Hood believes she was not responsible, the evidence said otherwise and her innocence was impossible to prove.

Finding allies in prison in the form of an all girl gang of thugs and rebels, Barbara escaped in an attempt to bring the Phantom to justice. Since then, she has escaped several times, and occasionally teamed up with The Hood to fight crime, only to find herself eventually recaptured and returned to prison.

Next - Loretta:

More 1950s pulp fun 46806158385_f6f3878283_kLoretta by Macktrucker, on Flickr

More 1950s pulp fun 46806161955_764ead24f5_kLoretta by Macktrucker, on Flickr

The whole room stopped as she sang. A vision in red curves, every man in the New York Supper Club wanted Loretta. They silently hung on every word, savouring the one chance they had each week to watch her. She didn’t heed them, nor could she. She was stone blind.

Captain Rock Drake, Jungle explorer and Patricia, his asssistant (who, for some reason, manages to get captured by Nazis/bad guys/evil scientists every week)

More 1950s pulp fun 32779324157_95dd62b1da_kCaptain Rock Drake, Jungle explorer, and Patricia his assistant. by Macktrucker, on Flickr

More 1950s pulp fun 32779320747_f03429df92_kCaptain Rock Drake, Jungle explorer, and Patricia his assistant. by Macktrucker, on Flickr

More 1950s pulp fun 40756202023_d2be05a2d6_kCaptain Rock Drake, Jungle explorer, and Patricia his assistant. by Macktrucker, on Flickr

More 1950s pulp fun 47669742492_1ff36c6013_kCaptain Rock Drake, Jungle explorer, and Patricia his assistant. by Macktrucker, on Flickr

"Don't worry, patty! You're safe now."

"Rock, I..."

"Don't thank me, Patty. Just rest your little head. You've had a shock!"

"Rock...can you...untie me? It's just that...I kind of ...sort of need to pee pretty badly, and I'm laid on an ants nest"

"IN a minute, honey, honey. I have to pose and look heroic.  Keep still!"

"They're crawling into my knickers..."

"Hush, Patty. I have to play the big star. I have just punched out twenty nazis, you know?"

Maybe someday I'll do an updated modern version with Rocks grandaughter as the explorer.  But for now, I'm reveling in 1940s and 1950s nostalgia and reminiscing just how diferently the two sexes were treated.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

2More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:46 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha. Very cool. Great use of some of those sculpts. Is Patricia the April O'Neil figure that came out not that long ago? The old pulps are some of my favorite books. I even had a chance to meet Mickey Spillane shortly before his death -- very nice man, and he wrote some of the best hard-boiled detective books of the era.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

More 1950s pulp fun Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

3More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:16 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
It's interesting, but funny too...... Laughing However I do like your clothes and fashion style your figures have.......

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

4More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:30 am

Andrew

Andrew
Stryker: That is the newshen April sculpt, attached to a triad otaku-ish body. Ive been wondering what to do with a gagged head for a long time. The neck was a pain to modify, but that ZC body just had to go.

Im kinda jealous you to to meet Mickey. I love his detective stories.

lawlaw91 - thanks

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

5More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:19 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are absolutely stunning! I love your paint jobs on all of them, as well as choice of outfits and the figures' overall stylized appearance. Very creative approach to these types of characters, and so skillfully put together -- thank you for sharing! Smile

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

6More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting characters. They certainly evoke the era you are going for!

7More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:08 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Such fun! I love the sculpts as well. Definitely fit the genre!

8More 1950s pulp fun Empty Re: More 1950s pulp fun on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Andrew

Andrew
Thanks everyone!

The Life of Lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum